• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Moose

Were you trying to join their psn or their activision account? A friend of mine is listed twice on my friend list because he didn't link his xbl and activision account.
PSN. Worked with cross-play off before the new season. Both sent each other invites because join didn't work and invite wouldn't work either :messenger_weary:

Zuzu

I love the core gameplay mechanics in this game. So much of it feels almost perfect. Maybe lots of other things are lacking but the core movement and gunplay is excellent. Lots of map variety as well.

twilo99

Hey I just started playing and I was wondering what is the go to assault rifle? It it the ram 7? Also, what is the fastest way to level up guns?

MCW if you want ease of use
RAM7 if you want fast time to kill
SVA if you want best of both worlds

That’s my take of course.

MCW if you want ease of use
RAM7 if you want fast time to kill
SVA if you want best of both worlds

That’s my take of course.
I'm still trying to understand the way Attachments work, it's way more complicated then the MW remake which is the last CoD I played. I want to try the RAM7 by my aiming is slow.

twilo99

I'm still trying to understand the way Attachments work, it's way more complicated then the MW remake which is the last CoD I played. I want to try the RAM7 by my aiming is slow.

You mean slow ADS?

Yah ita more complicated that it should be and there are way too many attachments.

clarky

Gold Member
Yeah I don't know if it's the guns I use or my old age lol. All I know is to level up my guns I need to grind harder than in the previous CoDs.
Pop a double weapon xp and play stash house or any of the other small maps. 10 - 15 games max and your gun should be fully leveled.

Headquarters is a good mode to rack up a lot of kills and thus XP to mix it up.

Last edited:

twilo99

that trailer outside the stash house has a 415 area code number on it ... gotta be a real house somewhere in the bay area lol

whoever designed that should get a raise .. old school CoD

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
that trailer outside the stash house has a 415 area code number on it ... gotta be a real house somewhere in the bay area lol

whoever designed that should get a raise .. old school CoD
Also a pizza on the garage, if anyone knows what that refers to :)

Side note I hate the little icon that tells you that you have something new

Its glowing for my SMGs and ARs and I have clicked through everything and I cant find it

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
Is your strafing speed faster in tac stance? That vid on twitter makes me wonder if people use that to combat rotational aim assist, at least those who use m&k.

calistan

I think it’s an all timer for me as well
The open ones like Shipment and Rust tend to devolve into chaos, but there are actually proper lines of sight and defendable areas here. Don't know how they managed to pack so much into such a small area, it's a great piece of mapmaking.

I tend to prefer the medium maps but for me this is up there with Nuketown and the one on the boat that I can't remember the name of.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The open ones like Shipment and Rust tend to devolve into chaos, but there are actually proper lines of sight and defendable areas here. Don't know how they managed to pack so much into such a small area, it's a great piece of mapmaking.

I tend to prefer the medium maps but for me this is up there with Nuketown and the one on the boat that I can't remember the name of.
Talking HiJacked with the yach?

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Rust is way more chaotic than shipment imo, at least with shipment you don't have to worry about people above you or popping out of crawl spaces; I kinda dislike rust so it would be great if stash house is there when shipment isn't.

nemiroff

Gold Member
0Zn7FP8.png

Thought it was like 5 000..

Last edited:

twilo99

Is your strafing speed faster in tac stance? That vid on twitter makes me wonder if people use that to combat rotational aim assist, at least those who use m&k.

I think it’s a bit faster and yes the only way to compete with aim assist at close range is good hip fire and I guess tac stance now if the gun allows for it

calistan

"Joined match in progress - loss stat prevented"

That's a lie, isn't it? Just checked my stats after the latest one of those, and as soon as the recent defeat was included, my losses went up by 1.

calistan

His build btw

I've never really bothered with LMGs before, but this is great! I'm working towards that build, just have a couple more pieces to collect.

On small maps it's a beast. I'm more than likely to die before I can empty the mag, so the reload time isn't a big deal. Got it levelled up to 12 in about four matches.

They're going to nerf it, aren't they? In tac stance it has almost zero recoil.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I've never really bothered with LMGs before, but this is great! I'm working towards that build, just have a couple more pieces to collect.

On small maps it's a beast. I'm more than likely to die before I can empty the mag, so the reload time isn't a big deal. Got it levelled up to 12 in about four matches.

They're going to nerf it, aren't they? In tac stance it has almost zero recoil.
On small maps if you don't need to run far its a complete monster

Its for sure in my rotation of favorite guns along with the MCW with the huge mag and when I want to run n gun I still prefer the WSP Swarm hip fire build with a huge mag

calistan

On small maps if you don't need to run far its a complete monster

Its for sure in my rotation of favorite guns along with the MCW with the huge mag and when I want to run n gun I still prefer the WSP Swarm hip fire build with a huge mag
I generally pick one gun and stick with it in every previous CoD. Probably 95% of my kills have been with the MCW. I've used some variation of the WSP before, so maybe I'll try that as well. No harm in a bit of variety.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I generally pick one gun and stick with it in every previous CoD. Probably 95% of my kills have been with the MCW. I've used some variation of the WSP before, so maybe I'll try that as well. No harm in a bit of variety.
Thats still the overall best gun in the game imo, its a complete laser

calistan

Thats still the overall best gun in the game imo, its a complete laser
Definitely the best one for me. I've got it set up with a load of mods to reduce the recoil even further.

Just checked, and the SMG I used actually is the WSP Swarm with 50-round mag. Must have been when they had the Shipmas map online. My k/d with that gun is 0.39 - perhaps the 100-round mag will make a difference.

Depends on what flavour of COD you prefer. Cant say if you'll love it or hate it with nothing to go on.

But personally i think it is significantly better and the best its been in a long time
I just found MW2 boring and soulless compared to MW 2019, which I absolutely love and still play to this day. I'm really close to pulling the trigger and buying MW3, but I don't want to get burned again.

clarky

Gold Member
I just found MW2 boring and soulless compared to MW 2019, which I absolutely love and still play to this day. I'm really close to pulling the trigger and buying MW3, but I don't want to get burned again.

Shame you just missed a free weekend would have been perfect for you.

I cant say either way to be honest dont want that responsibility lol. Its not without its faults of course, but the regulars in here seem to agree with me.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
It's too bad it didnt start out that way... frustrating that early adopters have to kind of suffer through all the early missteps.
Thought it was good from the get go TBH. Sure the campaign was shit, but I rarely play those for more than 5 minutes anyway.

twilo99

It's too bad it didnt start out that way... frustrating that early adopters have to kind of suffer through all the early missteps.

Personally, I knew the game is very good as soon as I played a few games during the open beta...

I really don't think much has changed since then, besides the obvious cosmetics, weapon balancing, and some other minor tweaks. The fundamentals are just solid overall.

Top Bottom