• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

Housh

If you are on PC and have got a NVIDIA card with latest drivers but get crashes and graphical glitches, roll back driver to the one before.

The new driver for some reason makes MW2 play up.
I can confirm this. Had zero issues with beta. The Nvidia driver last night gave me crashes and horrible performance. Rolling back fixed all my issues.

0neAnd0nly

Am I blind or is Hardcore playlist missing at launch?

There is several mainstays not present, but they said recently in interviews (maybe even the live release last night) that a lot would be added in the coming months including some of the mainstays.

I’m just pumped 3rd person, unless I misunderstood, is going to be a permanent integration.

Really happy with this game! Maps are great, gameplay I love. It’s a lot of fun!

0neAnd0nly

I like how the Butger King x Call of Duty collab is the most American thing ever and its not available in America.

My guess is because Americans know Burger King is garbage and falling down an elevator shaft at lightning speeds in fast food rankings.

Wonder what brilliant mind in marketing for them decided to go against CFA a few years ago. That was a battle… not going to be won.

Last edited:

PerfectDark

Banned
This is the first CoD I like in about 5 years. Sure there's stuff to nick pick at. I bought last cod for my 9 year old he didnt like it. He loves this cod and this will be his first. I am really excited to now be playing with my son.

Can someone catch me up - I’ve only had a chance to have a brief look this afternoon and I noticed the battle pass wasn’t active - is there a date for that or is there some kind of issue?

0neAnd0nly

Can someone catch me up - I’ve only had a chance to have a brief look this afternoon and I noticed the battle pass wasn’t active - is there a date for that or is there some kind of issue?

November 16, it’s coming.

Last edited:

TexMex

So this is a dumb question but I’ve never played Warzone. How do I access it? When I load up the new Modern Warfare 2, I only see the traditional MP offerings?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
3ht0Li9.jpg

Game is only 66.79GB with both SP & MP installed
This could of fitted on the disc
Kinda scummy move by Activision, making sure your purchase means shit when they decide.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Absolutely pathetic community and even worse devs.

Already experienced hard core hackers. These guys force dced my whole lobby but me and one guy. It wouldn't let anyone re join. They wall hacked the whole time to know where me and the other dude were. If I went to gun fight them it would force me into loadout select to try to fuck me over. They tried to chug my internet during the match.

Then at the end lobby talked hard shit like they're good, openly admitting to hacking and cheating. They were salty I was 4 kills away from beating them.

This game can lick my ass.

Isa

Not bad so far. A bit more polished than the beta but still some issues, occasionally not loading into a match. But I'm enjoying it so far. I mainly play 3rd person mosh pit, so nice to have. However they took my friends and I's comments of the weird snap to first person when ADS, has now been removed its a normal 3rd person zoom in. Its not bad but its kind of hard to get used to for each weapon. I imagine sights or scopes will affect that. There is some noticeable lag at times where I have obvious first visual and shots yet the person warps to another spot and has responded in kind and boop I'm ded.

I wish the Oden from 2019MW was in. Have only been on a rotation of new maps, some are good, some are really annoying for certain game types lol, perhaps to big for the amount of players. Still having fun though.

Loved the campaign. Felt like playing a well done Tom Clancy novel.

MP is fun when it works. Last night it worked flawlessly, but today I can't play a single game without massive rubber banding and lag. It isn't my internet or connection either.

UI is trash though.

Last edited:

GladiusFrog

UI is pretty terrible for MP.

However my main gripe from Beta has been addressed, I can finally make out the difference between friend and foe much better thanks to the little red indicator when you aim.

Also gun-play feels more consistent.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Already experienced hard core hackers. These guys force dced my whole lobby but me and one guy. It wouldn't let anyone re join. They wall hacked the whole time to know where me and the other dude were. If I went to gun fight them it would force me into loadout select to try to fuck me over. They tried to chug my internet during the match.

Then at the end lobby talked hard shit like they're good, openly admitting to hacking and cheating. They were salty I was 4 kills away from beating them.

Been playin mp for 8 hours and have not experienced this. Sounds horrible. Definitely report them.

Is it just me or did Vanguard have a much higher destruction of its maps during gameplay? Some maps especially indoor ones would be unrecognizable from all the bullet holes and destroyed furniture.

Chronicle

Report them. It's easy

Power Pro

If this is not allowed, please feel free to shame me and I'll edit/delete my post. But if anyone (or you know someone who) is looking for a cheap key for this game on PC, maybe you can let me know? I built a new PC in september, and I got a code for it with my intel CPU, and I have no intention of using it. Not my kind of game. Hate for it to go to waste, and I'd probably let it go real cheap, or for a trade. I think it redeems on battlenet, not sure, cuz you have to register on intel's site to get the actual game key.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Are there any night maps in this? I remember MW2019 had some sick night versions of certain maps

I don’t get this crap. Why not just, you know, enjoy the game and get stuff as you go? Why do you need to do the most boring thing and cheese just to max level day 1. Like cheating, how is that any fun? Humans will do whatever they can to somehow take the joy out of everything. Makes no sense to me.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I don’t get this crap. Why not just, you know, enjoy the game and get stuff as you go? Why do you need to do the most boring thing and cheese just to max level day 1. Like cheating, how is that any fun? Humans will do whatever they can to somehow take the joy out of everything. Makes no sense to me.
Just an easy way to get camos, which can be pretty tedious. If you're going for max prestige there's no need to do this until you've reached max prestige. It's actually a fun way to level up weapons and has nothing to do with cheating.

Yamisan

Dailies in this game are fucked up. One of my 3 dailies requires me to use Tact insert 2 times on day one, its not included in any of the premade load out and is like level 40 to unlock. Bull shit.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Report them. It's easy
Cannot. When I went to report in after game while they shit talked the game forced DCed me back past even the main menu.

When I went to see “recent players” or previous games it was all blank.

Weird shit on top of all this was now I can’t ping anymore in game even after restarting it.

Sub_Level

Really disliked Border Crossing at first but Im finally starting to like it! It has the coolest cutscene intro in the game too.

These are great maps. Taraq is the only one I dislike. That belongs in CoD Ghosts.

GenericUser

Game sucks, I only get destroyed. Matchmaking ruins this game for me. Also: what is the point of cool calling cards when nobody can see the others cards?

Sub_Level

Fully leveled one ar, one br, and one smg. Onto shotgun now, the double barrel absolutely shreds and attachments make the range even longer! Tradeoff is slow reload time.

jaysius

Banned
Every lobby has above 10 players doing this, so it's wayyy harder - and a lot more fun, cause there's a skill-factor to it now :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I think Titanfall did the bots right, they were only worth half XP from the get go.

For me the fun of the COD games is the worthless incremental upgrades that you get, if I got them all I'd feel like a kid that unwrapped all his presents before Christmas and ended up getting nothing on that day.

Last edited:

TheMan

Beyond frustrated…campaign crashed and all my progress was wiped. Can’t even use mission select to restart the level. Unbelievable

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
As Im playing this, I cant help but think how much more fucking awesome it would be with destructable environments. Let me level some buildings. I'm in a tank!

Theres well over 2000+ people workin on this thing, surely the current gen only MW3 should have that feature.

Top Bottom