• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War |OT| Deniable Operations

Grinchy

Banned
Why isn’t my cod displaying 120hz on the game settings it shows it’s locked I have my Xbox series x output to 1440p 120 my tv is a Samsung 4K ultra hd Qled 55 inch
You have to go into the PS5 settings, find something like "game data/presets" and tell it to use Performance mode.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Finished the game. Pretty short. Veteran was the easiest so far except for the elevator.

Seems they realised the game is on the short side since theyrepeated the final stage three or four times, lolz.

Enjoyable little weekend excursion anyway.

Reactions: Isa

Bolivar687

Banned
Called in the chopper gunner on checkmark and I didn't even get a single kill because the Windows on the building are so thin!!!

Combined Arms is still fun but it would've been nice to get at least one map we didn't already see in beta.

Firearm is rough, all three matches with a team who didn't know what they were doing.

JCK75

I want to get this just for the single player campaign alone... i already have BR through Modern Warfare which i just transferred to my internal and upgraded the HD texture pack. Technically don't really have enough room for both this and Modern Warfare. Kind of want to see reviews first...
Been playing through the single player campaign on Series X and it's absolutely gorgeous, I've been really tired of call of duty games for a while but this one just feels really different, still has all the over the top set pieces but all of the spa elements almost make it a perfect James Bond game. I'm really enjoying the hell out of it

To get 120hz mode enabled in the game I had to turn off game mode on my TV, set it to 1440p, and turn off HDR in settings.. Is that normal? It felt smooth but didn't feel like much of an improvement over 4K/60 with HDR.

JCK75

The hdr is terrible in this game.
Yeah some Colors are really bright and the neon sign are cool but the blacks are awfull, greyish, too pale.
I play on series X on an oled screen.
Every other game I played on series X are great in the color, black and brightness level but this game isn’t.
You can’t even adjust the image inside the game and my tv is really well adjusted for Any other game I played.

anyone else has this problem?

I'm doing HDR 10 and it looks amazing on my TV so not sure what's going on there.

Turn that stupid shit off. Slightly better shiny things costing you major frames.
I did and it look good finally at 120fps, still I play on my 60hz tv but the HDR is great.
I play on my oled LG b7. That ray tracing is useless, I only enjoy raytracing on quake 2 and battlefield 5 right now.

Last edited:

thatJohann

I did and it look good finally at 120fps, still I play on my 60hz tv but the HDR is great.
I play on my oled LG b7. That ray tracing is useless, I only enjoy raytracing on quake 2 and battlefield 5 right now.

I have an LG OLED B7 too. How do we enable 120fps on PS5?

VN1X

Banned
Finished the story campaign and I have to say it was quite good, for CoD standards anyway. Really diverse locals and set-pieces, even managing to craft a somewhat coherent narrative to tie it all together. It's over before you know it but I'd much rather have that then say something like AC Valhalla which just pads out its playtime with bloat. Definitely one of my favourite CoD campaigns (along with Infinite Warfare's) of recent times. Short but sweet pretty much.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:
Finished the story campaign and I have to say it was quite good, for CoD standards anyway. Really diverse locals and set-pieces, even managing to craft a somewhat coherent narrative to tie it all together. It's over before you know it but I'd much rather have that then say something like AC Valhalla which just pads out its playtime with bloat. Definitely one of my favourite CoD campaigns (along with Infinite Warfare's) of recent times. Short but sweet pretty much.

Praise the lord. That hate train that IW was caught in was so stupid that many people slept on that game. To me IW is maybe an even better campaign than the original Modern Warefare. It was interesting, long for a COD game, had "side missions", graphically it looked beautiful. Such a good COD game. MP was ass though.

If yyou played the rebooted Modern Warefare, compared to it, how much longer or shorter is the campaign?

waylo

Banned
With DLSS look like shit in 4k HDR. Also raytracing is killing my 3080.
I've noticed that RT does really weird things in the multiplayer. Alt-tabbing will destroy performance for like 10 seconds upon tabbing back in. The intro cinematics to maps also run terribly. My game will start at like 30 FPS, and then after about 20 seconds into the match, it'll slowly climb back to 100ish. This is with a 3080, 3800X, and 16GB's of RAM. The singleplayer runs flawlessly with it though. When playing the multiplayer, I turn it off.

Barakov

Playing on PS4 Pro and enjoying myself. Had a weird moment in a cutscene where it turned into a slideshow. But that was the only part I noticed where it dropped frames. Really weird.

Also that PS4 exclusive Onslaught mode is literally nothing to get mad about it not being on Xbox and PC. It's one of the most tacked on modes I've ever seen.

Tiamat2san

I'm doing HDR 10 and it looks amazing on my TV so not sure what's going on there.
Me too.
i don’t that’s the only recent game that is so pale on series X.
They should let you calibrate the HDR in the game’s menu.
I remember red dead redemption 2 was bad too.

Barakov

3? Wow ok I tried the playstation store and couldn’t find any more dl for this game ,will it do it when I get to a certain point in the story to dl part 2 I would like to dl all in one go.
The way it happened for me is I downloaded the first part, press O to back out and then it prompted me to download part 2 and 3.

Grinchy

Banned
Maybe it's just because I'm just not the typical COD player, but I don't quite understand the complaints about this multiplayer. I'm having a blast with it.

All the idiots trying to go prone while shooting, jumping while shooting, and sliding while shooting just get destroyed. The gunplay feels better because of it. It reminds me more of the older COD games. The maps are all very well-designed, too. I still hate killstreaks, but at some point you have to give the kids their crayons.

Last edited:

OutRun88

Just finished the fantastic campaign and will definitely be playing through again.

I really like how they did the ending sequence portion based on the choices you made

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Wow i really enjoyed the campaign. One of the best COD campaigns yet!
The game is running really good too.

one BUT! and a heads up for pc users.
I could run everything maxed. at 3440x1440 120fps stable. (DLSS quality) On both MP & campaign. with the rtx 3080
ONE ISSUE.

zombie mode map (toten) the raytracing is broken as fuck! Any raytracing setting.. low or ultra no difference absolutely fucking tanks the frame rate in the start point (that small open area) to 40 45 fps judders all over the freaking place. (instead of a nearly locked 120fps without raytracing) There is 100% something wrong here. I updated to the latest gameready drivers and newest windows.
I hope they will fix this. As right now just disable RT when you play zompie mode on pc.

OH and if you also own an LG OLED play the campaign on an oled first, The HDR in this game is unreal. There are many levels in this game just made to show of the light engine and HDR..

JCK75

Maybe it's just because I'm just not the typical COD player, but I don't quite understand the complaints about this multiplayer. I'm having a blast with it.

All the idiots trying to go prone while shooting, jumping while shooting, and sliding while shooting just get destroyed. The gunplay feels better because of it. It reminds me more of the older COD games. The maps are all very well-designed, too. I still hate killstreaks, but at some point you have to give the kids their crayons.

They made it awesome, and the people who pull low skill trash, which is 85% of players hate that it no longer works.

VN1X

Banned
Praise the lord. That hate train that IW was caught in was so stupid that many people slept on that game. To me IW is maybe an even better campaign than the original Modern Warefare. It was interesting, long for a COD game, had "side missions", graphically it looked beautiful. Such a good COD game. MP was ass though.

If yyou played the rebooted Modern Warefare, compared to it, how much longer or shorter is the campaign?
Yeah I don't think I played the multiplayer for Infinite warfare more than a handful of hours. That thing was a hot mess!

Anyway I finished Cold War's campaign in like 3 sittings and I hope all CoD games going forward are around this length. Especially if they ask you to replay it a bunch of times (at least I noticed some achievements that said there's like 7 different endings or thereabouts). So around 6 to 7 hours I reckon. Definitely not longer.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Playing on PS4 Pro and enjoying myself. Had a weird moment in a cutscene where it turned into a slideshow. But that was the only part I noticed where it dropped frames. Really weird.

Also that PS4 exclusive Onslaught mode is literally nothing to get mad about it not being on Xbox and PC. It's one of the most tacked on modes I've ever seen.

Yeah zombies is fun this year, but its very thin content-wise. Onslaught is real basic but good for grinding gun xp at least.

The renderer is a bit buggy on Pro too, on Die Maschine keep getting some sort of LOD-ing error in the exterior areas where the ground detail textures pop in real close. Doesn't happen every game, but its kinda distracting.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Finished the campaign and I thought it was ok. I haven't really been into the black ops story since the original. I just feel like it's a SAW movie at times and is so focused on the twist at the end that it gets lost. Not bad but I don't think I'll replay it.

Got to about level 10 so far in multi. Speed is good and the feel is good even coming off of MW which was super solid imo.

The score streaks vs skill streaks is something I like becayse it not only makes you feel like your are participating more but in game types like Dom it rewards me for being on the top constantly.

Shottys being a secondary seems odd to me. Not sure how I feel about it. But time will tell.

Reactions: MrS

RAIDEN1

I was going to get this for the Xbox, but the price is just too dam steep to justify for a campaign which is on the "short-side"....maybe there will be a Christmas discount... :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Thanks to the double XP event going on I just hit Prestige 1 after 17.5 hr.
I've encountered a few bugs over the weekend but I'm sure they'll be ironed out soon. I'm really enjoying this and glad to be back playing COD again!

BigLee74

Ray Tracing is pretty cool. Quite subtle in this - not a lot of objects actually reflected, and what is is very low res. Definitely adds to the graphics, though!

I take this back. I think reflections are just simple cube maps, but with a bit of effort to make sure they align and look relatively convincing. Not sure what is actually ray traced in this game!

TrebleShot

Absolutely loving the MP of this on PS4, havent played a COD like the in MP for years, its sharp, smooth and extremely addictive.

Must be what Ive been missing all these years (played MW/Warzone) heard there were some complaints or something over how the MP plays, but personally think its excellent.

Also to note, I used to turn things like Aim Assist off but literally just re-enabled it on console, it works really well and has the right balance between auto playing the game and requiring skill, really enjoying using it and seems silly to turn it off. Im not some pro or pretending to be better than I am, people are insane with their reactions on PC etc, so glad theres something to bridge the skill gap somewhat.

Killer8

Think this could be the best looking and sounding game i've ever had on my TV. The Dolby Atmos mix through my soundbar is incredible.

Also played a bunch of zombies and it's been very fun so far, I just wish people would be more ambitious and not extract as early as they do. The game is a locked 60fps in single player on XSX, but I noticed some horrific FPS drops in zombies when ray tracing is enabled, as well as some dodgy shadow flickering.

Top Bottom