• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bread poll

What is your favourite bread?

• Baguette

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Sliced white / brown

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • Multigrain / seed

Votes: 19 16.1%
  • Gluten free

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Tortilla

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Brioche

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • Roll or bap

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Croissant

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Naan / Pitta

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Rye

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • Sourdough

Votes: 34 28.8%
  • Ciabbatta

Votes: 14 11.9%
  • Was it loaf at first sight?

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Banana

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Bagel

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Pretzel

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Pumpernickel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Tiger / Giraffe

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Hawaiian

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Potato

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jason10mm

Gold Member
Next to homemade sourdough, marbled rye is king
bJ8graR.jpg

unless I can get the GOAT, schwartzbrot!

xV1t4CO.jpg

Though we all know the best use of grain is

LiJxAK8.jpg

Catphish

Depends on what I'm doing with it.

Ham sandwich? Rye

PB&J? White

Breakfast toast? Wheat

Chicago Dog? Poppy seed bun

Sausage, egg & chesse breakfast sandwich? Maple English muffin.

We be bread connoisseurs up in this bitch, yo.

Mossybrew

Love me some sourdough, though these days I usually go with whole wheat or multigrain breads for my gut health.

Pejo

I have been enjoying potato bread lately, but out of the survey choices, I went with multigrain.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
A nice fresh baguette is hard to beat, nice and crunchy on the outside and soft and warm on the inside. I dont really know what a boule is, but wegmans makes a really good one. I wouldn't consider a croissant bread but a pastry but it is also delicious.

Sourdough seems like the craft beer of breads - lots of people thinking they make the best ever and lots of 'hidden' tricks and secrets.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
sliced white bread. sometimes i will eat gluten free bread but i don't generally eat gluten free food anymore. it's just that i grew up with a family member who has coeliac disease so i'm used to eating gluten free food.

i do like rolls. sometimes soft but i prefer crispy rolls :messenger_smiling:

if i'm having a take out i might have some naan bread but that's about it.

Last edited:

Tams

Why is sliced white and brown together? They are too different. White is far better for toast (compared to pretty much any bread). And ham sandwiches. And jam sandwiches. The brown is better if you want a poor man's wholegrain/multigrain and for most other sandwiches (in comparison to white).

Not that it matters here in Japan. Most of the bread is mediocre at best and a bit too sweet. Even the dedicated bakery stuff. I guess melonpan and currypan are decent.

At least it's not Indian subcontinent white bread. I swear that's almost as much sugar as flour.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I think the $1 bread you can buy from Jimmy John's is delicious, so I voted for it as a "baguette." There might be something wrong with me.

Wildebeest

In terms of just your basic loaf of bread, I think the Dutch tiger bread is just a straight upgrade. The Baguette is pretty great, but the crust and longevity of the tiger is more convenient for your regular sandwich.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I adore all types of bread.

But I'm at the end of day 5 Keto so yeah... =/

It's all good tho. It's not forever. <3

Mistake

No, an immigrant (and for far too long for my own good).
It’s all fun and games until you live there :messenger_beaming: That’s why I only visited.

My top two would be croissants and baguettes, because if they’re available, I’ll eat it. The others depend more on the meal

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yes it does. Used it multiple times in my life with great results. Fyi I'm no expert

I also use as minimal fat as possible.

Hardest part is the no drinking

Sorry for derailing. Not smart to lurk here anyways.

Carry on bread loving brothers

GymWolf

Italian/sicilian bread with the classic shapes, mafalda, horse iron, twins etc, no options in the poll for this one it seems, i pity whoever never tasted good italian bread, jesus some choices in here...

X1NMKu3.jpg

I also enjoyed playing darth vader with baguettes when i was in france.

HmtM7Lt.jpg

Ignore the facial expression, i was stoned out of my mind.

Last edited:

Tams

Anyway, it honestly depends.

Toast? Plain white sliced bread is king. Cheddar and butter sandwich, maybe with cucumber? Ham and lettuce? All plain sliced white.

But other breads are all great too. When skiiing in the France, I love to have a baguette for breakfast. A whole one just for me.

Then there are pitas, naans, tiger bread, wholegrain bread (best for most other sandwiches), dinner rolls, baps, stotties, pizza, the many rye-based Nordic breads (great as an hors d'oeuvre or snack), the list just goes on of delicous bread.

But just don't give me the shite sliced white they have on the Indian subcontinent. It's disgustingly sweet. The naans, rottis, etc. are great. Not that sugary shit though.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
A well-made sandwich or Burger on brioche bread gets me fucking hard. Especially if you are using quality cheese.

And if you add a good sauce or dressing to that sumbitch?

That discovery is probably half the reason why I am chunkier this summer. 😥😥😥

Last edited:
Top Bottom