• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brazil is in the Middle of a f***** Outrage right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I remember when Lula was appointed minister a judge suspended the thing because he was under investigation.

The new president just named four people under investigation, I assume the same thing is going to happen right?

Why don't you all go out on the streets to protest against the fact that political parties keep members under investigation for corruption in their teams?

Seems weird to me that all those millions of people get so livid and go out on the streets for a case of missmanagement and you stay home while watching a bunch of corrupts take over the government like they deserve it.

If this is really an anti corruption movement as so many of you say and not a biased political one against Dilma's government then show it, damn it.

Wow this is hilarious now and apparently the right-wing in all of Latin America practice the same ideology, and that is hypocrisy because this "movement" will not protest and judge their guys with the same standard they do with the leftist. Brazilian democracy had a good run I'd say, but at least we still have Correa and Mujica so not all is lost for progressives in Latin America.

Sblargh

Banned
First of all, I am a depressed mysanthrope, I only go to the streets to watch marvel movies.
Second, when Lula was appointed, it was clearly a maneuver to keep him away from the investigation. The context and timing of it all is very different.

What Temer have done with these four appointments is bad, but it is not as bad (at least apparently). If it comes to light that he appointed these ministers with the intention of getting them away from a judge in the hope of manipulating the supreme court, I will be for his impeachment as well.

Right now I have to believe not even Temer will be so stupid because I need some kind of hope for the future.

Edit: Oh, we are under the illusion now that PT was as progressiva as Mujica or Correa. Right.

Massa

Why don't you all go out on the streets to protest against the fact that political parties keep members under investigation for corruption in their teams?

Seems weird to me that all those millions of people get so livid and go out on the streets for a case of missmanagement and you stay home while watching a bunch of corrupts take over the government like they deserve it.

If this is really an anti corruption movement as so many of you say and not a biased political one against Dilma's government then show it, damn it.

Dilma is on trial for breaking the Law of Fiscal Responsibility, not for corruption charges. Although those may soon exist, they're not part of the process.

So I remember when Lula was appointed minister a judge suspended the thing because he was under investigation.

The new president just named four people under investigation, I assume the same thing is going to happen right?

Lula was named minister after the Prosecution had asked for his arrest. It was one of the dumbest political maneuvers of all time.

Dilma is on trial for breaking the Law of Fiscal Responsibility, not for corruption charges. Although those may soon exist, they're not part of the process.

Lula was named minister after the Prosecution had asked for his arrest. It was one of the dumbest political maneuvers of all time.

Precisely. What do you think is worse, an irresponsible politician or a corrupt one? For me it's the second.

Sapientas

Precisely. What do you think is worse, an irresponsible politician or a corrupt one? For me it's the second.
Dilma and Lula are clearly both irresponsible and corrupt so this doesn't hold water.

Temer's new government should be subject to high scrutiny and I would be totally up for more political manifestations against his ministry nominations. It won't happen though. That still doesn't take way any validity from the impeachment.

Massa

The government is corrupt and, with its fiscal irresponsibility, brought us to an economic recession, with inflation making a comeback, unemployment growing fast, investments levels all going down, poverty growth, and all while hiding these problems under state companies, which not only made the problem worse, it ruined those companies.

So, if I had to pick a poison I'd definitely go with the corrupt. But here in Brazil we don't need to pick, we got both. And now we hope our Judiciary will continue its investigations of the corrupt, and that the Executive will bring back economic growth and stability.

The judiciary and legislative won't do shit in a corrupt system unless they don't feel the pressure from the people and feel their status quo on the edge. In Spain for example we've had so many decades of corruption but it's been getting much better these last years after A LOT of protesting (that started from the leftists, as always, but in the end convince and raised awareness throughout the whole political spectrum) that has not yet resulted in that many legislative changes, sadly, but that at least has changed the political climate and the political parties perception that you cannot just allow go certain things anymore. So now, whenever a new politician is being investigated for corruption it takes not too long for them to be expelled from the party. The media pressure and the very vocal public opinion is just too strong for them to resist and ends up becoming a huge PR disaster if they try.

This is what i think needs to happen in Brazil and i think a lot of you guys think is what's happening with Dilma's impeachment, BUT... what you think is happening and what your politicians know is happening are two different things and many of you are being played out. This situation has been used by the corrupt media, corporate and political elites in order to take out a government they don't like, not to make justice or please God.

If you are really all about ending corruption in your country them show it and go out on the streets, try to convince people from all walks of life and political stands to join, petistas first of all. Because corruption affects everyone and turning it into a political weapon when every party is guilty of it is just a waste of time.

Platy

Hey people !

President praticaly fell already, brazil is not on a fucking outrage more ... except for those who are

2r29Urd.jpg

But the media is not showing those people anywhere so it is like nothing is happening ...

So why don't we continue on the Brazil's President Suspended From Office By Senate thread ?

Wtf are you drinking ?

Lula was never arrested ... he was just asked to Federal Police to talk and was released the same day.

At last, much needed peace and order will be restored In Brazil. Meirelles appointment is superb, markets are ultra happy already.

Finally finished this.

The Young Turks continue their descent into complete insanity.
A joke. Apparently Dilma's impopularity wasn't because the corruption surrounding her party, or due to her incompetence managing the economy leading to the worst depression in a century. No, it must be a coup from the the media!

Cerium

The Young Turks have been garbage for a long time.

In their alternate reality Bernie Sanders is the American President and Hillary is in prison.

Massa

Hey people !

President praticaly fell already, brazil is not on a fucking outrage more ... except for those who are

2r29Urd.jpg

But the media is not showing those people anywhere so it is like nothing is happening ...

So why don't we continue on the Brazil's President Suspended From Office By Senate thread ?

Wtf are you drinking ?

Lula was never arrested ... he was just asked to Federal Police to talk and was released the same day.

I'm drinking Guarana Light. ;)

The State Prosecution in São Paulo asked for his arrest. The Federal Prosecution raided his homes. They were closing in on him fast and Dilma gave him a get-out-of-jail piece of paper.

Platy

I'm drinking Guarana Light. ;)

The State Prosecution in São Paulo asked for his arrest. The Federal Prosecution raided his homes. They were closing in on him fast and Dilma gave him a get-out-of-jail piece of paper.

She tryed, but she didn't gave him because he did not became a minister.

So why is he not arrested now ?

Finally finished this.

The Young Turks continue their descent into complete insanity. This is completely stupid.

Obviously any media outlet that reports things you don't like is garbage. Reuters, The Intercept and The Economist all are pro-PT shells too I guess. Fine, if TYT isn't your thing how about a report from the most respected and unbiased journalist in Mexico which I posted earlier in this very thread:
You're from Mexico right? Watch this Aristegui CNN report.

Its obviously in Spanish but I sat through some of your clown show impeachment vote and I was able to understand like 90% of the Portuguese, granted they were all voting in the name of God and for their mommies and aunts watching at home so it wasn't that hard. I trust the report from her (#1 journalist in Mexico who gains nothing for defending Dilma) over some random on GAF who might benefit from this.

hawk2025

Obviously any media outlet that reports things you don't like is garbage. Reuters, The Intercept and The Economist all are pro-PT shells too I guess. Fine, if TYT isn't your thing how about a report from the most respected and unbiased journalist in Mexico which I posted earlier in this very thread:

Its obviously in Spanish but I sat through some of your clown show impeachment vote and I was able to understand like 90% of the Portuguese, granted they were all voting in the name of God and for their mommies and aunts watching at home so it wasn't that hard. I trust the report from her (#1 journalist in Mexico who gains nothing for defending Dilma) over some random on GAF who might benefit from this.

Only the Intercept is garbage.

I have no interest in engaging you further.

Socreges

Banned
This thread title always catches my eye

'to be in an outrage' - is that an actual expression in English? Or is this a translation thing?

Massa

She tryed, but she didn't gave him because he did not became a minister.

So why is he not arrested now ?

The files regarding his investigation were sent to the Supreme when she nominated him. They haven't sent them back yet (he was only officially dismissed from the job yesterday, I don't know when or if he'll lose special privileges though).

The judiciary and legislative won't do shit in a corrupt system unless they don't feel the pressure from the people and feel their status quo on the edge. In Spain for example we've had so many decades of corruption but it's been getting much better these last years after A LOT of protesting (that started from the leftists, as always, but in the end convince and raised awareness throughout the whole political spectrum) that has not yet resulted in that many legislative changes, sadly, but that at least has changed the political climate and the political parties perception that you cannot just allow go certain things anymore. So now, whenever a new politician is being investigated for corruption it takes not too long for them to be expelled from the party. The media pressure and the very vocal public opinion is just too strong for them to resist and ends up becoming a huge PR disaster if they try.

This is what i think needs to happen in Brazil and i think a lot of you guys think is what's happening with Dilma's impeachment, BUT... what you think is happening and what your politicians know is happening are two different things and many of you are being played out. This situation has been used by the corrupt media, corporate and political elites in order to take out a government they don't like, not to make justice or please God.

If you are really all about ending corruption in your country them show it and go out on the streets, try to convince people from all walks of life and political stands to join, petistas first of all. Because corruption affects everyone and turning it into a political weapon when every party is guilty of it is just a waste of time.

Actually our judiciary has been pretty great, thanks in part to Dilma (in fact, some say that Lula and her had disagreements over this, as he felt she wasn't doing enough to stop them). Despite a few law projects (from the Worker's Party, mind you) trying to limit it in scope, dozens of people have already been arrested. This week one of the private companies involved in PT's corrupt campaign financing publicly apologized and paid about $220 million in damages, joining the top 10 of companies worldwide in terms of fine over illegal acts.

Here's a comparison showing how much money Car Wash (Lavajato) has seized in Swiss accounts, so far:
1458561348013.jpg

(keep in mind, this graph is outdated and doesn't cover money that was illegally washed here, only in Switzerland).

The more I dig info the worst it seems for Brazil.

Brazillian Impeachment Is Actually A Corporate Coup

This is hilarious. No government in the history of this country has been as pro-business as this, they have literally spent billions of dollars in subsidies to big corporations.

I really appreciate someone from Mexico joining these discussions, I believe our countries have similar problems and we have a lot to learn from each other. But it's kind of annoying for you to come here with a know-it-all attitude pretending the Brazilians here are brain-washed by the media and you're the know-it-all who can save us from ourselves.

mantidor

So why they haven't arrested him?

This is certainly out of a TV show, I honestly think the arrest "threat" was another political maneuver to freak out the PT and lead them to make their worst move ever, in that we agree, worst political mistake, and so simple to foresee if they weren't so damn stubborn and proud, they really think they still hold the same popularity and acceptance as before.

Now that these other guys are finally in power they are not going to let it go, no arrest(s) will be made, they will try to shut down lava jato as much as possible, because they are all in it, all parties that start with "P", the media might help to try to divert attention or not, I'm still not that knowledgeable about them to be sure.

hawk2025

I look forward to the clusterfuck once we find out more about what BNDES has been doing.

http://spotniks.com/empresas-que-mais-recebem-verba-do-bndes/

60% of subsidized credit goes to large companies.

We give more free money to rich companies than the poor, by orders of magnitude. As mentioned above, this has been the most pro-business government by a wide margin. The difference being that they largely favor big businesses.

This is hilarious. No government in the history of this country has been as pro-business as this, they have literally spent billions of dollars in subsidies to big corporations.

I really appreciate someone from Mexico joining these discussions, I believe our countries have similar problems and we have a lot to learn from each other. But it's kind of annoying for you to come here with a know-it-all attitude pretending the Brazilians here are brain-washed by the media and you're the know-it-all who can save us from ourselves.

I didn't mean to sound like that at all but precisely because our countries have such similarities and I've seen almost like to like events unfold before; hyper critical right-wing against the leftist, media controlled by oligarchs, leftist failing to combat corruption and some being consumed by it thus making the whole movement look bad yet still holding out for democracy. We already experienced this in Mexico and I don't want to see Brazil the same as Mexico is right now, where even the thought of an impeachment against our right-wing president is answered with violence and repression, I want to be wrong but if the right-wing get control of Brazil again and the leftist movement dies I'm afraid you won't see another impeachment against a president in a very long time.

And I don't completely side myself (even tho I gain nothing) with Dilma or PT, but all the journalist I respect and my own conclusions leads me to believe this isn't going to end well for Brazil.

We give more free money to rich companies than the poor, by orders of magnitude.

Yeah. There's a reason our gini index remains terrible. Ain't just a third world problem, however.

Really doubt we'll see any great revelations coming out, tho. Ain't just companies, farmers too.

Fuck, if a government ever feels particularly suicidal, they could just order a study on how much in taxes churches and other temples avoid every year. Merely asking for it would guarantee their doom.

I didn't mean to sound like that at all but precisely because our countries have such similarities and I've seen almost like to like events unfold before; hyper critical right-wing against the leftist, media controlled by oligarchs, leftist failing to combat corruption and some being consumed by it thus making the whole movement look bad yet still holding out for democracy. We already experienced this in Mexico and I don't want to see Brazil the same as Mexico is right now, where even thought of an impeachment against our right-wing president is answered with violence and repression, I want to be wrong but if the right-wing get control of Brazil again and the leftist movement dies I'm afraid you won't see another impeachment against a president in a very long time.

PMDB ain't right-wing. It is firmly a center party. More than happy to play both sides against each other as needed.

Cerium

Obviously any media outlet that reports things you don't like is garbage.
No, TYT is garbage because they report shit that has nothing to do with reality. Have you seen their coverage of the US elections? If you listened to them a month ago you'd think Bernie would've won by now. This was long after everyone who could do math knew that he had no hope.

At some point reality will catch up with you. It is catching up to Venezuela right now.

Massa

So why they haven't arrested him?

This is certainly out of a TV show, I honestly think the arrest "threat" was another political maneuver to freak out the PT and lead them to make their worst move ever, in that we agree, worst political mistake, and so simple to foresee if they weren't so damn stubborn and proud, they really think they still hold the same popularity and acceptance as before.

Now that these other guys are finally in power they are not going to let it go, no arrest(s) will be made, they will try to shut down lava jato as much as possible, because they are all in it, all parties that start with "P", the media might help to try to divert attention or not, I'm still not that knowledgeable about them to be sure.

They haven't arrested him because with Dilma's maneuver his investigations had to be stopped by the prosecution and sent to the office of the prosecutor general. That office continued the investigation, although much slower (as they are), and Lula was indicted a week ago, and now the process will continue with a judge from the Supreme Court. The investigations move much more slowly at this level.

And "these other guys" have been in power since Dilma took over. The Executive power has very little ability to interfere with Lavajato; they can do it through the Minister of Justice, which controls the Federal Police and related. The latest one nominated by Dilma threatened to close the investigation on his first interview on the job, but public pressure kept him at bay; the guy Temer wanted to name as his replacement had been critical of Lavajato and he had to pick a new guy, again, because of public pressure.

The Legislative power can do more to interfere with Lavajato. So far there have been a few of law changes proposed by congressmen from PT to limit the prosecutors power in the investigations. One of them failed this week after the prosecutors from Lavajato and the so-called "corrupt media" publicly denounced them.

Thankfully our democracy is strong enough that the investigations will go on as usual. And if there's one thing PT is good at it's in being a fierce opposition, so hopefully they'll change sides and stop working against Lavajato and instead create more public pressure every time someone in Congress or the new president tries to attack it again.

I didn't mean to sound like that at all but precisely because our countries have such similarities and I've seen almost like to like events unfold before; hyper critical right-wing against the leftist, media controlled by oligarchs, leftist failing to combat corruption and some being consumed by it thus making the whole movement look bad yet still holding out for democracy. We already experienced this in Mexico and I don't want to see Brazil the same as Mexico is right now, where even the thought of an impeachment against our right-wing president is answered with violence and repression, I want to be wrong but if the right-wing get control of Brazil again and the leftist movement dies I'm afraid you won't see another impeachment against a president in a very long time.

And I don't completely side myself (even tho I gain nothing) with Dilma or PT, but all the journalist I respect and my own conclusions leads me to believe this isn't going to end well for Brazil.

Our political system is probably quite different. The funny thing about Brazil is that the concepts of right and left don't apply here. The vast majority of political parties describe themselves as center, which just means "we'll do what's best for ourselves". That includes PMDB. The two runner-ups from the last presidential election, behind Dilma, were left or center-left candidates. But even when a left-wing candidate wins, they need the "center" to rule, as you need Congress to get things done. There are about 25 political parties in Congress.

The problem with our government isn't just corruption from left-wing politicians. Lula was involved in a huge corruption scandal back then that convicted and arrested major players from his party, but he still was easily reelected and had record approval ratings, people didn't care. Why? Because in order to rule with such a complex political system, you need to be a skilled politician. Lula had that in spades. Dilma had zero experience before presidency and she turned out to be absolutely terrible at it. She, like most non-politicians, hates this system, the "I'll do a thing for you here, you do a thing for me there". The end result is what we're seeing now, she lost support from every political party in the country - including her own, who was openly against her plans for economic recovery (austerity) from the day her second term started. Lula was against her as well, he wanted her to pick the guy Temer just picked to run the economy instead of the one she got.

leftist failing to combat corruption and some being consumed by it

That's the problem. It ain't "some". It's the vast majority.
And not only the "left", but all other spheres of political power in Brazil are completely overrun with corruption. PT(and its allies) have been getting the most flak because they've been in power for 12 years, all that time in power gives rise to a huge amount of opportunities for corruption in the party to increase.

When most of the close friends and hand-picked employees of both Lula and Dilma were severely involved in corruption scandals you can't help but wonder if there's something more going on with those leaders.
There's a saying around here that says
Pombo não voa com urubu.
Which quickly translates to
"Doves don't fly around vultures", giving the basic meaning of:
If everyone that I keep around me is corrupt, then there's something wrong with me.

OF COURSE, as I said up there, there are pretty much no "clean" politicians with any real political power in Brazil right now. That extends to PMDB(which is barely different from PT), PSDB(that festered their cancerous corruption with all the years they've been controlling certain states) and all other parties.

Aristegui unbiased? Rofl, please tell me it´s a joke. She sucks AMLO´s dick harder than anyone else. Gotta wonder where is her journalistic "integrity" when it comes to reporting his undeclared income and unexplainable spending levels. She's good but hardly unbiased.

hawk2025

LXeUVNS.jpg

in TWO DAYS of Temer goverment we :

We are still hearing from Lava Jato but Odebrech which was a key part had pretty much everything ignored, already had dropped charges of Aécio, dropped denounces against Renan Calheiros (Also PMDB) and Cunha is basicaly on goverment paid vacation with his own private jet

hawk2025, now you see WHY I was thinking you are joking when you talked about the bet ? =P

Not joking at all!

If it continues at this pace, you will have your $60 Steam game! What was the timeline we set again, September?

The Aecio one in particular is completely absurd, because it turned out that way less than 24 hours after Gilmar authorized it!

Now, Cunha keeping his benefits is just as much as problem as Dilma doing so. They should both get nothing.

Massa

The Aecio one is also false, Gilmar didn't suspend the investigation.

Temer also didn't extinguish the CGU, he made it into a ministry. It was a secretary directly under the president's desk before.

hawk2025

The Aecio one is also false, Gilmar didn't suspend the investigation.

Temer also didn't extinguish the CGU, he made it into a ministry. It was a secretary directly under the president's desk before.

You sure?

This is the latest I've heard:

http://g1.globo.com/globo-news/jorn...ende-a-coleta-de-provas-contra-aecio/5020651/

I mean, yeah, there's more context, but it still sounds odd.

Regarding the CGU, the jury's out, and on the other thread I posted positive work it has done in the past. I'll avoid thinking the move is for the best until I see what they do, but it did raise eyebrows when put in context with everything else.

Massa

You sure?

This is the latest I've heard:

http://g1.globo.com/globo-news/jorn...ende-a-coleta-de-provas-contra-aecio/5020651/

I mean, yeah, there's more context, but it still sounds odd.

Regarding the CGU, the jury's out, and on the other thread I posted positive work it has done in the past. I'll avoid thinking the move is for the best until I see what they do, but it did raise eyebrows when put in context with everything else.

Sure sounds odd, but whether it's legally odd or not is the question.

As for the CGU, I still haven't found a single argument on why giving it a higher status is a bad thing.

Brazil is going the Mexico's way. Good luck with your freedom.

http://www.itamaraty.gov.br/en/press-releases/14027-statements-on-brazil-s-domestic-situation

hawk2025

But we don't know the exact staffing, goals, and mission statements of the new CGU replacement -- even if it theoretically has a higher status, we just plain don't know enough yet.

Regarding the other bit -- Yeah, you just look at the list of countries making any noise whatsoever and it's painfully obvious why.

I'd be ecstatic if Brazil turned from trying to cozy up to dictatorships and failed states as a collateral of the new presidency. The recent foreign policy has been an embarrassment.

Nakho

It's laundering money, not washing money, gents.

Don't know anything about the channel, but why are they called The Young Turks? It seems strange to call themselves after the ones responsible for the Armenian genocide.

Back on topic: Temer is shitting the bed. The way this is going he's not going to last until 2018, unless the economy miraculously starts to soar.

Aristegui unbiased? Rofl, please tell me it´s a joke. She sucks AMLO´s dick harder than anyone else. Gotta wonder where is her journalistic "integrity" when it comes to reporting his undeclared income and unexplainable spending levels. She's good but hardly unbiased.

Misogynist much mate? Oh she does fair reporting on the opposition instead of the constant Fox News attack reporting from Televisa (I would argue they're worst than Fox News) and therefore she is bias? Never mind constantly bringing in anti-AMLO personalities like Denise Dresser to criticize him (some times fair sometimes straight out lies) and debating and challenging him too when in campaign, oh no obviously she does what you describe instead. Let's also not look into all the international awards she's won for her journalism and her top notch reports (Casa Blanca, Apatzingan massacre, Panama Papers ring a bell?) as a measurement of her work, nah lets go with your opinion.

So the interim cabinet is composed of white males only...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-36292137

Their answer:

"We tried to seek women but for reasons that we don't need to bring up here, we discussed it and it was not possible," he said.

"We will bring women into the government, in posts that used to be ministries, and that now will have the same functions but under a different name."

Yeah...

Not saying that the old government was good, but those that think that the change will bring better things to Brazil are for a hard ride...

The satus of America Latina is so bleak.

Platy

Not saying that the old government was good, but those that think that the change will bring better things to Brazil are for a hard ride...

Xl4k4TK.jpg

Just gifted the Ministry of Health Ricardo Barros with my book "The gender ideology on education". I also warned him about the imposition of gender ideology on education and how this indoctrination of children can create psychological problems on children like gender dysphoria and others. Gender ideology is a matter of health. He was totally sympathetic, careful and answered me this way : "That already ended, the MEC is now DEM's" That gave me hope that our children will receive care from the ministry of education and health that is now his ministry

MEC is the Ministry of Education and DEM is a political party

For reference, "gender ideology" refers to CRAZY RADICAL IDEA idea that children should be taught to respect LGBT people.

Platy

Noam Chomsky: Brazil's President Dilma Rousseff "Impeached by a Gang of Thieves"

Noam Chomsky said:
What’s happening in Brazil now is extremely unfortunate in many ways. First of all, there has been a massive level of corruption. Regrettably, the Workers’ Party, Lula’s party, which had a real opportunity to achieve something extremely significant, and did make some considerable positive changes, nevertheless joined the rest—the traditional elite in just wholesale robbery. And that should—that should be punished. On the other hand, what’s happening now, what you quoted from El Salvador, I think, is pretty accurate. It’s a kind of a soft coup. The elite detested the Workers’ Party and is using this opportunity to get rid of the party that won the elections. They’re not waiting for the elections, which they’d probably lose, but they want to get rid of it, exploiting an economic recession, which is serious, and the massive corruption that’s been exposed. But as even The New York Times pointed out, Dilma Rousseff is maybe the one politician who hasn’t—leading politician who hasn’t stolen in order to benefit herself. She’s being charged with manipulations in the budget, which are pretty standard in many countries, taking from one pocket and putting it into another. Maybe it’s a misdeed of some kind, but certainly doesn’t justify impeachment. In fact, she’s—we have the one leading politician who hasn’t stolen to enrich herself, who’s being impeached by a gang of thieves, who have done so. That does count as a kind of soft coup. I think that’s correct.

hawk2025

Maybe it’s a misdeed of some kind, but certainly doesn’t justify impeachment.

Thanks for the legal expertise on the Brazilian Constitution of 1988, Chomsky!

Why should we listen to Noam Chomsky with no information on the actual laws of the land?

Tiops

Last week I corrected two news that my friends sent on Whatsapp, all about social program cuts that Temer is doing and how he'll fuck poor people's lives. They where all 2015 news that they didn't see the date.

When I asked why they didn't complain at the date of the news, they changed the subject. One of them went to share some shit post from pro government pages about the "coup". People don't want to see the country improving, they just want to defend their positions and their party. I officially give up on political discussion on Brazil. It's pointless and tiring, and I respect the patience of the ones that persist.

Misogynist much mate? Oh she does fair reporting on the opposition instead of the constant Fox News attack reporting from Televisa (I would argue they're worst than Fox News) and therefore she is bias? Never mind constantly bringing in anti-AMLO personalities like Denise Dresser to criticize him (some times fair sometimes straight out lies) and debating and challenging him too when in campaign, oh no obviously she does what you describe instead. Let's also not look into all the international awards she's won for her journalism and her top notch reports (Casa Blanca, Apatzingan massacre, Panama Papers ring a bell?) as a measurement of her work, nah lets go with your opinion.
Dresser anti AMLO? That's news to me. Also, I fail to see the relevance of mentioning Televisa, almost anything is better than that (although Maerker replacing Lopez Doriga was a welcomed change).

Her reporting on the Panama Papers is appreciated, but hardly original. Credit is due somewhere else.

Like I said, she's good but hardly unbiased.

M3d10n

This thread has been awfully quiet considering today's megaton.

The leaked recording corroborates all but the wildest "conspiracy theories" regarding the impeachment. To make matters worse, this recording has been with the PGR since March (before the vote) and some members of press even hinted at its contents, implying that they knew.

3L35YwL

https://imgur.com/3L35YwL

They want to protest the re-establishing of the ministry of culture but they don't give a shit about the Temer government being filled with politicians accused of corruption. Such a particular anti-corruption movement...

Here's all you need to know about those clowns:

This thread has been awfully quiet considering today's megaton.

The leaked recording corroborates all but the wildest "conspiracy theories" regarding the impeachment. To make matters worse, this recording has been with the PGR since March (before the vote) and some members of press even hinted at its contents, implying that they knew.

Here's all you need to know about those clowns:

Hoooooooly shit..... they will make a movie out of this, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom