• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Bell issues its first all-product recall in company history

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Everything is better on the coasts. Its funny I consider Texas to be a pretty amazing mecca when it comes to food but when my friends busted this stuff out I thought I was in crazy town.
Thankfully for you though I believe Haagen Daaz isn't east or west coast specific so you can still get some quality ice cream next time your out and about.

Haagen daaz sucks.
ben and Jerrys is ok.
I didnt realize that there was an ice cream war going on anyway.
most ice cream tastes exactly the same.

Fushin

I've had a couple tubs in my freezer that I've been rationing off since this recall happened. Made a cheer wine float with some the other night.

NastyBook

"Have yourself a blue bell country day."

I'll never get that song out of my head after working at Harveys for 2 years.

"Would you like some homemade ice cream? That was such a simpler time and plaaaaaaace."

>_<

RPGCrazied

Mine was the great divide. :( First time I ever tried any. Of course, it is like a month old, so maybe it's safe.

When did you try it? I think if you were to get sick it would be the same day you ate it, like hours after? I had the bar a few days ago, think I'm fine. Threw the rest away.

cj_iwakura

When did you try it? I think if you were to get sick it would be the same day you ate it, like hours after? I had the bar a few days ago, think I'm fine. Threw the rest away.

I had it a month ago after I bought it. :p And yesterday. It'll last a while at this rate, but I'll probably toss it to be safe.

This sucks. Blue Bell is awesome. But they're gonna get it right, so I guess that's a good thing in the end. I've actually been to the Blue Bell plant in Brenham, and not just on a normal public tour. Place was immaculate everywhere I looked. Maybe the cleanest non-silicone production facility I've ever been in. And the standards of cleanliness in the dairy business are already pretty awesome. Dairy and beer brewing facilities have high standards for hygiene.

I heard about this a few weeks and just yesterday I went to the store saw the shelves all empty. Hope they bounce back , it's my favorite brand .

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
considering i live on the west coast, the inverse must be true and you live somewhere shitty instead.

also i like that living somewhere good depends on this random brand of disease-ridden ice cream being available. no thanks.

that explains it.
Clearly you don't understand light hearted jabs.

But yes, like I said earlier,
Somewhere shitty, over priced, and full of themselves like the west or east coast.

rekameohs

Banned
Blue Bell is so amazing. Hopefully things are sorted out quickly.

And what West Coast are you living on that doesn't have Blue Bell?

The Lamp

I seriously pity the people who have never heard of or tried Blue Bell.
Several fond childhood memories of that ice cream.

Hopefully they get this sorted out so America doesn't decay and implode come summer time.

Zoe

So sad, I grew up on Blue Bell. Ate one of their vanilla cups almost every day :(

(I hate how you can't buy those vanilla cups. The vanilla in them is different from their carton vanilla)

Eiolon

Ive got a Blue Bell plant down the road from my house. I am going to deliver them some Jeni's Splendid ice cream. For moral purposes, of course.

A tragedy for all humanity and some people are too busy mocking the brand to recognize.

YOU FOOLS, THIS MAY MEAN AN END TO THE FOOD OF THE GODS THAT IS BLUE BELL BLACK WALNUT!!!

sonto340

There was a soft recall a few weeks ago of just a few products they thought had been the only ones affected.

This is a full brand recall. Something entirely different.
A shame, but I'm too poor to afford blue bell so I shouldn't be affected too bad.
I love their moo bars though. So this sucks ass.

Sad to hear.

This is my shit right here

MVHS5iC.jpg

People from the south/midwest are really talking shit about the coasts in this thread? We may be full of ourselves and it might be expensive here but at least our ice cream doesn't kill us.

I ate my pint of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough after reading this thread a few days ago, and I'm still alive. It was delicious.

Would you risk serious illness or death for your favorite brand of ice cream? WOULD YOU?

andymcc

Banned

holy shit.

given listeria was also discovered in Sabra hummus, I wonder if all of these companies have a shared distributor issue.

Jeni's ice cream is delicious. not buying ANY ice cream for a few weeks.

Is it possible the source is from some milk farm that they use? Kind of suspect since Blue Bell runs a tight ship with their sanitary conditions and multiple creameries are involved.

i sincerely doubt this. pretty sure that jeni's only uses snowville creamery in athens, oh. i doubt bluebell uses them too.

ag-my001

Blue Bell is one of the things I miss most about living in Texas. It was always fun seeing (and participating in) the runs on stores having a 3/$9 half gallon sale. It was Girl Scout Cookies level addiction.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
"Have yourself a blue bell country day."

I'll never get that song out of my head after working at Harveys for 2 years.

"Would you like some homemade ice cream? That was such a simpler time and plaaaaaaace."

>_<

I didn't think about it when I was a kid, but whenever I see that commercial (they play it all the time at the factory, and everyone coming from over seas wants to go to Brenham to go tour the factory), something about it seems very wistful about the pre-Civil Rights era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom