• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Bell issues its first all-product recall in company history

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cdn.bluebell.com/the_little_creamery/press_releases/all-product-recall

The Associated Press ‏@AP 9m9 minutes ago
MORE: Blue Bell issues its first all-product recall in company history due to listeriosis risk: http://apne.ws/1Em6dgL

http://www.wsj.com/articles/blue-bell-creameries-recalls-all-products-1429584100

www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoerner/blue-bell-is-recalling-all-of-its-products-over-listeria-fea

Damn I just bought some Saturday night

Edit-looks like the blue bell site is down

ChrisD

Wait, again? I could have sworn the exact thing happened just two weeks back, but they had gotten back on their feet after a recall. Their ice creams were pulled from everywhere around, but were put back in just a week later.

Dennis

Banned
wtf.. we just about finished some blue bell cookie dough we bought on Friday....am i already dead?

It is not looking good......the bells toll for you......I am so sorry....

It is a raw deal I know but that is just the way the cookie crumbles I am afraid. I bet it tasted good dough.

Wait, again? I could have sworn the exact thing happened just two weeks back, but they had gotten back on their feet after a recall. Their ice creams were pulled from everywhere around, but were put back in just a week later.

This is full recall ,everything is being pulled out. I called my local store and they told me to return my ice cream for a refund just now

Beant

Blue bell had been pulled from my local grocery store for weeks now. I guess your grocery stores don't care about your health!

Kwixotik

Link isn't loading and thread is pretty low on info. What's the issue with the ice cream? What are some of the harmful effects of the issue?
Listeria

Meningitis, brain abscess, etc stuff. Mostly only affects pregnant women, newborns, the elderly, and people with compromised immune systems.

Raxus

My hospital withdrew the ice cream after the recall and switched to another brand. Shame since Blue Bell is amazing.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

They thought it was only the product from the Oklahoma factory, they did more testing and found issues with the Texas factory product too. So they are pulling everything just in case. They have a pretty comprehensive plan going forward. This really has to get fixed ASAP, before the summer.

Man, at the grocery store here people were buying Blue Bell like it was going out of style because they just put it back on the shelves.

The Lamp

I heard about the recall and stayed the fuck away from all blue bell. I was extremely ill from food poisoning last year that turned into salmonellosis and c. Diff infection, so I just don't play around with foodborne illness anymore.

I hope that those of you that ate don't suffer any complications.

ChrisD

This is full recall ,everything is being pulled out. I called my local store and they told me to return my ice cream for a refund just now

They thought it was only the product from the Oklahoma factory, they did more testing and found issues with the Texas factory product too. So they are pulling everything just in case. They have a pretty comprehensive plan going forward. This really has to get fixed ASAP, before the summer.

Man, at the grocery store here people were buying Blue Bell like it was going out of style because they just put it back on the shelves.

Yikes. I bought my Dad a pint of Banana Split a week after the recall because it was from a "safe batch." He ate it a few days ago, so... here's to hoping none of the contaminated made it into consumer's hands. It's good that they have actually taken action by doing a complete recall rather than cherry-picking any further. The more risks to be cut down, the better.

Hopefully the people buying in droves return theirs.

No that's pretty much true. But they found other issues too more expansive than first expected. So they just made the call to pull the plug on everything.

Although I'm sure the risk is extremely minimal, it is a good move.

kmfdmpig

This is probably not the thread for it, but here's a question for Blue Bell customers:

Has their ice cream become really grainy and strangely textured in the last few years? I'm trying to figure out if it's just a matter of the store I buy it from not keeping it at the right temperature or if the quality has declined. The last few Blue Bell ice creams I've purchased have had an odd granular texture.

RBH

wtf.. we just about finished some blue bell cookie dough we bought on Friday....am i already dead?

Fuck, I just ate a bowl yesterday. The ice cream was bought maybe 3-4 weeks ago?

Was eating some when I saw this thread...

I ate some shortly after it was recalled here in VA. I gained ice cream super powers.

...uh I just had some chocolate blue bell ice cream yesterday lol.

giphy.gif

This is probably not the thread for it, but here's a question for Blue Bell customers:

Has their ice cream become really grainy and strangely textured in the last few years? I'm trying to figure out if it's just a matter of the store I buy it from not keeping it at the right temperature or if the quality has declined. The last few Blue Bell ice creams I've purchased have had an odd granular texture.

This has happened to me before but I think it's just an issue of not being kept at the right temperature.

This latest half gallon was fine. Except now I'm dead

The Lamp

My Facebook feed is losing their shit over this lol. I don't snack or eat dessert so this debacle reminded me how much Americans eat ice cream.

Blue Bell is so delicious, though.

kamakazi5

I work at a food plant in quality and our manager has been having us beef up our normal testing ever since this started. I can't wait to see his reaction to this news.

Coolluck

Just went to HEB today. They tossed out the bad stuff and ordered new stuff from facilities unaffected by this. Bought an Edward's ice cream pie because I'm a whore for them.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Saw at Kroger they had big signs all over the ice cream section saying "IT'S GOOD, THIS STUFF IS ALL GOOD, IT'S FROM THE BRENHAM FACILITY WHICH IS FINE DON'T WORRY"

i guess this is no longer true

Hazmat

I bought some from HEB yesterday. Fuck HEB.

I was almost dead.

My HEB didn't have it a week, week and a half ago. They they had it, and I imagine now they don't.

I had a sore throat last week. They didn't have Blue Bell and I had to buy the the store brand like a goddamn animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom