• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzards censors paintings in World of Warcraft (ingame since Vanilla)

phvk

Neo Member
Jokes on them, the fruit picture looks like boobs on a plate

716.jpg
Funny because this is the exact premise of this sketch by Childish Gambino and co from way back when:

blacktout

I don't have strong feelings about this either way. I'm generally anti-censorship but find it hard to get worked up about this particular case.

That said the woman being replaced by a bowl of fruit is hilarious. Reminds me of the promo video for Hank Scorpio's idyllic community in The Simpsons where the homeless guy transforms into a mailbox.

Braag

I can't stop laughing at the fruit one. It's like after several attempts to draw a tasteful painting of a posing woman they went... "Ugh, just replace her with a bowl of fruit!".

bitbydeath

images

Whoops-a-daisey, good thing we know how this goes. Their offspring will soon grow up, rebel, and we’ll all be back in the swinging sixties again!

Last edited:
I honestly think there's never been a better time for NeoGAF to resurrect Politics or allow politics threads.

We don't want the madness of the last election returning, but these book-burning Nazis can't be allowed to continue unchecked.

Barakov

1033838.jpg

1033839.jpg

I can't anymore. This is just too much.

The best part, the 2nd painting is an homage to several classic paintings in the same style, but Blizzard is overcompensating just as expected.
Can't wait for all this to bite them in the ass.

• Strength
Reactions: Fuz

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
At what point does the gaming industry scrub the female body completely from games?
It'll be the same time when feminists complain "Why isn't there any women in games anymore?"
The fruit basket is the best swap so far HAHAHAHHA!
Love it. If I was a liberal green haired complainer, I'd take that fruit bowl as the ultimate insult. So lame and weak, it's come down to a fruit bowl to ensure you dont go hyperspastic.

Although not suitable for the game's setting, they could had also put a picture of a roll of toilet paper.

Last edited:
People think this is some sort of individual change when clearly it's part of a (assumed) larger restructuring going forward. Sure, it seems silly on the surface but it does make sense when trying to look at the bigger picture.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I don't play WOW, so I really shouldn't care.

However, I do think it's insane that Blizzard thought they'd earn positive PR points replacing a few virtual paintings.

You'd think they'd have bigger problems to worry about.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

The whole company is demented.

I guess the colour black will be replaced by "midnight" or "non-colour" or "counter-white" at some point.

But let me guess. Being "in the black" (meaning you're making some profit now) or "hitting a blackjack" are a-ok because the usage of the word black is good thing.

Who knew liberals are so afraid of the colour.

Activision/Blizzard. Talk about racist games......

EM3nkckWoAATW27.jpg

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I guess the colour black will be replaced by "midnight" or "non-colour" or "counter-white" at some point.

But let me guess. Being "in the black" (meaning you're making some profit now) or "hitting a blackjack" are a-ok because the usage of the word black is good thing.

Who knew liberals are so afraid of the colour.

Activision/Blizzard. Talk about racist games......

EM3nkckWoAATW27.jpg
Google did it to their code too Happened during BLM protests iirc 2019/2020

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Its just power-tripping. The only reason to enact such facile changes is to demonstrate that they can.

Any pretext other than this is transparently bogus.

Essentially these people cannot create lasting or meaningful of their own, so they seek to make their mark by hijacking existing creations, tagging them with their cultural graffiti.

Top Bottom