• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Expansion Leaks on Blizzard Website

ManaByte

Gold Member

Similar to how Bolvar was leaked prior to the announcement of Shadowlands, a update to the official World of Warcraft website may have inadvertently leaked the name of the next expansion - the website's public source code shows strings for the Dragonflight Base, Heroic and Epic Expansion pre-purchases. Similarly, the code points to a new though currently inaccessible URL, which would be expected for a new expansion launch: dragonflight.blizzard.com.

1057087.png

Airplane Oops GIF

Talonz

I have zero plans to come back after the atrocity of the last expansion full of mobile type time wasting crap. No thanks. If I'm going to comeback it's to play FFXIV. That game respects my time.

Salz01

Shadowlands was really boring. The whole get quest go here and then get another quest to go there and level up is just grating now. This game has been mliked so bad…..

But…. If it hit consoles… I’ll be there day 1. Lol

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Named it Dragonflight, probably still won't be able to use a flying mount in the expansion until you've put in fifty hours (edit: wtf am I thinking? One hundred hours) and completed 90% of the content. Fuck WoW fell off so damned hard starting with Warlords.

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Back to dragons... They did Pandas, Count Dracula... What's next, 007? When you're out of original ideas, it's time to end it.

Pejo

Man what a shame, Alexstrasza is one of my favorite Warcraft characters, and a patch with her featured (apparently) would normally have made me super excited.

BUT

The writing for Shadowlands was some of the absolute worst horseshit fanfic awful tier writing I've ever experienced. I can't properly state how awful the story was.

Kathanan

Named it Dragonflight, probably still won't be able to use a flying mount in the expansion until you've put in fifty hours (edit: wtf am I thinking? One hundred hours) and completed 90% of the content. Fuck WoW fell off so damned hard starting with Warlords.
I think you will be able to turn into a dragon.. but no wings until you have as you said put in 100 hours of pointless daily sh*t.

Ogbert

Actually, it's not. FFXIV has passed WoW. Not peak WoW, but current FFXIV player count is higher than current WoW player count.
True.

But WoW just tailed off. It never got ‘beaten’. No MMO will ever come near WoW during BC/WoTLK.

I’m hoping that the Activision deal will really help the Blizzard team draw a line under the first game and move to WoW 2.

jigglet

Banned
They should assign Treyarch to this franchise and basically make it into the next COD iteration. Imagine how cool WoW would be if it was set in the cold war and in first person.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
As long as WoW has bad leveling process and poor endgame via raids and dailies there is really very little reason to play it. Especially given since the story is ass and the gravy train of Warcraft 3 lore has run it's course and grinded to a halt.

Players are constantly punished for playing and you just have bad system after bad system. WoW won't die but it is continuing it's downward death spiral.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Looking forward to WoW content creators getting excited for this expansion after spending the past four years making video after video bitching about how wow is ruined, and then they’ll play this expansion and be excited for a month, only to realize it’s faults and go right back to their cycle of being frustrated.

Untrainable dogs all of them.

Vaelka

Of fucking course they messed with Alexstrazas design... Why not use the HOTS design???
A fucking midriff is too much for female characters to show now? The extra cloth looks so out of place with the rest of the design especially with the colors, and there's countless of shirtless male characters running around.

So tired of this and this absurd puritan shit going on with female characters.

niilokin

dragons at least are very core element of warcraft so this might be much better than that previous piece of shit.

Bogeyman

Banned
True.

But WoW just tailed off. It never got ‘beaten’. No MMO will ever come near WoW during BC/WoTLK.

I’m hoping that the Activision deal will really help the Blizzard team draw a line under the first game and move to WoW 2.

I doubt anyone could currently design an MMO that would rival the draw and fame classic WoW had during its prime.

I doubt that current Blizzard in particular could design an MMO that is any better than.. candy crush?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I doubt anyone could currently design an MMO that would rival the draw and fame classic WoW had during its prime.

I doubt that current Blizzard in particular could design an MMO that is any better than.. candy crush?

If current Blizzard could design anything, then world of Warcraft wouldn't be in such a bad state.

People keep screaming about wow 3 in here. But what would it do?

The content of wow is the original content from the Warcraft universe. The lore itself has been discovered.

What should a wow 2 be? Brand new content? New story? It's basically a new game at that point, and couldn't or shouldn't be related to the Warcraft universe.

You don't just scrap your entire universe.

Also what would it change? It's still the same dumb fucks who makes the games and content. Telling how people don't want what they want, and then crawls to their fanbase after seeing a big leap of unsub players.

Bogeyman

Banned
If current Blizzard could design anything, then world of Warcraft wouldn't be in such a bad state.

People keep screaming about wow 3 in here. But what would it do?

The content of wow is the original content from the Warcraft universe. The lore itself has been discovered.

What should a wow 2 be? Brand new content? New story? It's basically a new game at that point, and couldn't or shouldn't be related to the Warcraft universe.

You don't just scrap your entire universe.

Also what would it change? It's still the same dumb fucks who makes the games and content. Telling how people don't want what they want, and then crawls to their fanbase after seeing a big leap of unsub players.

That's exactly the problem.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few points a "clean slate" WoW could fix.
It could offer the whole "from zero to hero" feeling again - imho the most fun phase of any RPG, but one that WoW hasn't had since wotlk or so. Everybody is decked out in a billion mounts, always looks badass due to transmog, etc. - there's barely any visual progression anymore.
Also, they could probably revert a few things that turned out to be bad decisions. For me, that would be flying - we're way past the point where they could realistically remove it from the game, but at the same time it shouldn't have been introduced to begin with. Which may or may not be why they have these even clunkier mechanic of "we'll take it away from you every time, then make you go through a horrendously long, terribly boring grid to get it back".

But do I trust modern day Blizzard to actually turn these windows of opportunity into something great? Nah.

Top Bottom