• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther 2 won’t feature a CG Chadwick, nor will they recast

Dav-Kripler

Robert downey jr's mcu comeback? (Pls don't ban me🙈)
survive tropic thunder GIF

Kadve

I always thought Marvel would have this problem down the line. They have made the characters so synonymous with the actors playing them that they will have issues separating from them.

I know several people for example that won't give a shit about Thor if Chris Hemsworth isn't playing him.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Just make M'baku king and be done with it. If they to even REMOTELY imply that tiny science nerd could beat NFL linebackers in hand to hand combat in out!

But I dont see why they can't recast. Boseman had what, 1 film and maybe 10 minutes of combined screen time in 2-3 other films? The new guy could be in half a dozen by the end of his run!

INC

You don't like super hero movies, why do you keep posting in threads about super hero movies?

I like some, blade is awesome, hell boy was great, first iron man is probably my favorite in that universe, Doctor strange, GotG, ant-man 1, thor: rag.....Nolan batman films, joker etc etc etc

Doesn't change the fact black panther is an average film, not bad, but average at best, the final fight scene is laughably bad

Last edited:

dave_d

I always thought Marvel would have this problem down the line. They have made the characters so synonymous with the actors playing them that they will have issues separating from them.

I know several people for example that won't give a shit about Thor if Chris Hemsworth isn't playing him.
Well they did replace Terrance Howard as Rhodey so it's not like they haven't done this before. (TBH Don Cheadle doesn't come across as a military guy to me so I found casting him as Rhodey kind of weird.)

sol_bad

I like some, blade is awesome, hell boy was great, first iron man is probably my favorite in that universe, Doctor strange, GotG, ant-man 1, thor: rag.....Nolan batman films, joker etc etc etc

Doesn't change the fact black panther is an average film, not bad, but average at best, the final fight scene is laughably bad

Ryan Coogler is a great writer and an amazingly talented director. Ludwig Goransson is an incredible composer.
The themes that the movie presents are on point. Heritage, power struggles, life in the absence of a father, identity, loyalty, they are all strong themes and resonate with many people.
Chadwick Boseman and Michael B Jordan's acting was very capturing and Letitia Wright was fun as Shuri.

IMO I think Black Panther is a pretty amazing film until the final act. Ryan Coogler seems to understand how to shoot real life action or scenes with a lot of live action pieces because the Hong Kong scene was bloody amazing. But fully CGI scenes he dropped the ball in. And Killmongers line about burying him with his ancestors in the ocean was a bit lame.

INC

Ryan Coogler is a great writer and an amazingly talented director. Ludwig Goransson is an incredible composer.
The themes that the movie presents are on point. Heritage, power struggles, life in the absence of a father, identity, loyalty, they are all strong themes and resonate with many people.
Chadwick Boseman and Michael B Jordan's acting was very capturing and Letitia Wright was fun as Shuri.

IMO I think Black Panther is a pretty amazing film until the final act. Ryan Coogler seems to understand how to shoot real life action or scenes with a lot of live action pieces because the Hong Kong scene was bloody amazing. But fully CGI scenes he dropped the ball in. And Killmongers line about burying him with his ancestors in the ocean was a bit lame.

Glad u love it, only thing I liked about that film was killmonger.

bitbydeath

Maybe they’ll use the multiverse in some way to end his character. I’d like to see Killmonger take the throne.

“I don’t know what it’s going to look like at all. There have been about five incarnations of the script, and I hear another one’s coming. Of course, with our dear king [Boseman] going on to glory, a lot of things had to be shifted and changed. So, thankfully, [director] Ryan [Coogler] and [writer] Joe Robert Cole, they’re just such masterful storytellers that they’ve found a way into this world and hopefully it will be satisfying, I think, for the fans and it will be honorable of our Chad. We love our king.”

oagboghi2

Maybe they’ll use the multiverse in some way to end his character. I’d like to see Killmonger take the throne.

“Our dear king” the fuck is wrong with people?

FunkMiller

“I don’t know what it’s going to look like at all. There have been about five incarnations of the script, and I hear another one’s coming. Of course, with our dear king [Boseman] going on to glory, a lot of things had to be shifted and changed. So, thankfully, [director] Ryan [Coogler] and [writer] Joe Robert Cole, they’re just such masterful storytellers that they’ve found a way into this world and hopefully it will be satisfying, I think, for the fans and it will be honorable of our Chad. We love our king.”

The poor fucker died, and completely ceased to exist due to cancer, you absolute twat. He didn't win the lotto.

Last edited:

dr_octagon

Banned

The poor fucker died, and completely ceased to exist due to cancer, you absolute twat. He didn't win the lotto.
it's a messed up approach where the death is treated as intentional, part of a cause or a noble sacrifice. instead of respecting and acknowledgement of the death of a human like normal people.

FunkMiller

it's a messed up approach where the death is treated as intentional, part of a cause or a noble sacrifice. instead of respecting and acknowledgement of the death of a human like normal people.

The fucking sheer idiocy of religious belief amazes me. There is no glory in anybody's death. The guy should be mourned, not treated like some sort of spiritual totem.

Last edited:

VAL0R

Banned
The fucking sheer idiocy of religious belief amazes me. There is no glory in anybody's death. The guy should be mourned, not treated like some sort of spiritual totem.
You realize that there have been countless religious people far more intelligent than yourself that do believe in an afterlife, correct? Are they all idiots?

Edit: I'm not commenting one way or another on the actress's comments, only yours.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned

I'm not sure how you expect her to handle his passing in terms of public speaking. You need to be as sensitive as possible or you either offend someone or people pretend to be offended and come after you. It's not just about how she feels on a persona level, she has to consider that whatever she says is about to be read by millions of people. Have fun toeing that line. She also wants to honor someone who was her actual, real life, friend, by speaking of his passing in an eloquent, respectful manner.

I mean, I agree to an extent, because the utter hero worship that we put on people who pass can leave a disingenuous, sour taste in my mouth. And I do think they've gone overboard in associating Chadwick with Black Panther and constantly referring to him as "king". At the same time, this was their actual friend, who they are probably still reeling from the death of, and they just want to speak on him in a way that they feel is respectful. I don't get the impression she is actually trying to imply his death was a glorious thing.

I've watched someone with cancer in their final moments. It's not pretty and it's not glorious. It feels wrong. It's not easy to speak on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom