• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"People v. OJ" star Sterling K. Brown joins Black Panther cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
sterling-k-brown-black-panther.jpg

Sterling K. Brown, who was recently nominated for a Golden Globe and SAG Award for his work on the NBC drama “This is Us,” has joined the cast of Marvel’s “Black Panther” starring Chadwick Boseman.

Michael B. Jordan, Forest Whitaker, Lupita Nyong’o, and Danai Gurira are also on board. “Creed” helmer Ryan Coogler will direct.

Boseman will play T’Challa, the prince of the African nation of Wakanda, who must take over the throne after his father’s murder. Marvel unveiled the character in “Captain America: Civil War” in May and his standalone film hits theaters on Feb. 16, 2018.

Brown will play N’Jobu, a figure from T’Challa’s past. Joe Robert Cole is co-penning the script with Coogler. Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige is producing the movie.
http://bit.ly/2igo53v

tomtom94

Yeah, he deserved that Emmy. Think he was up against one of his co-stars for that.

Joe Robert Cole's episodes of People v OJ were the ones dealing with racism, I'm curious to see what they do with the script.

Also based Marvel etc

LionPride

Banned
Just all of the black people. I love it. The scene in This Is Us where he talks about how he feels being black despite being raised by a white family, how he deals with being followed in stores, looked at strangely, so so good

Yeah, he deserved that Emmy. Think he was up against one of his co-stars for that.

Joe Robert Cole's episodes of People v OJ were the ones dealing with racism, I'm curious to see what they do with the script.

Also based Marvel etc
That's fantastic news. let's hope marvel doesn't white wash it.

Slayven

Damn will the screen be able to hold all this Blacting? They get Viola Davis or someone else that can pull off that runny nose, shitttttttt.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Damn will the screen be able to hold all this Blacting? They get Viola Davis or someone else that can pull off that runny nose, shitttttttt.

More like will the audience "Why are there so many black people in this African country? Why is the white guy the villain?"

NastyBook

I can't wait for the inevitable twitter Marvel films boycott to go full steam ahead the closer this movie gets to release. Might even get a tweet or two from Tramp about it.

TheFlow

Banned
The only movie with more black people than this is a slavery film or biopic about King.

Movie going to wake white people

Every MCU film since like, The First Avenger has grossed at least half a billion Worldwide. Black Panther is not gonna bomb.

This cast has more black people than 15 hollywood films

accurate. and more black excellence than 30.

too bad Michael B. got caught in the Fantastic 4 crossfire.

Cast just needs some Tessa Thompson, Nathalie Emmanuel and Gugu Mbatha-Raw and I can die a happy man.

Oh and give Eddie Murphy a broom to hold or something. And maybe a funny Heimdall (Elba) cameo.

Slayven

Cast just needs some Tessa Thompson, Nathalie Emmanuel and Gugu Mbatha-Raw and I can die a happy man.

Oh and give Eddie Murphy a broom to hold or something. And maybe a funny Heimdall (Elba) cameo.

There is a scene in black panther comics where they talk about the Wakandian spy network being virtually invisible. In the panel they show an old black janitor sweeping up the oval office while Kennedy is on the phone.

Damn. This cast.

Tessa Thompson is Valkyrie in Thor: Ragnarok.

Neoxon

She's already Valkyrie in Thor: Ragnarok.

He's the lead villain in this, so why is that too bad?

mreddie

I don't think they've even announced that he's even going to be in this yet surprisingly, which would make his horribly shoe-horned cameo in Age of Ultron all the more pointless.

Coogler looked at the Klaw battle and threw it out, gave Feige his plans and they were likely 1000x better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom