• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection |OT| Once is not enough.

DOWN

Banned
They aren't the one who decide what get fixed or not, 2K does. And unsurprisingly they don't care at all, another cheap port with zero support
Let's not act like a port studio isn't responsible for sloppy and incompetent choices in their port. They bear significant responsibility for the shitty parts of this alongside 2K.

Lt-47

Let's not act like a port studio isn't responsible for sloppy and incompetent choices in their port. They bear significant responsibility for the shitty parts of this alongside 2K.

How much of it was Blindsquirel choices ? No one knows.
I don't know these guys at all nor the conditions under which they had to make the port so I'll refrain from any comment on the dev side of things

2K decided who should port the game with how much time and money. And it's still there job to fixes any problem that might arise from said decision. It's true regardless of how well Blindsquirel did or didn't do it's job. So I'd rather blame the one whose mistakes are obvious to an outsider

SenkiDala

Hi!

The problems you're all talking about, it's about what version? PC? All?

I saw the Collection on PS4 at 25€ so I'm very tempted but if the ports really suck and they don't patch it... I'll pass. :(

Hi!

I saw the Collection on PS4 at 25€ so I'm very tempted but if the ports really suck and they don't patch it... I'll pass. :(

The PS4 version has problems, but it's playable. If you really want to replay the games, it's probably worth it. But yeah, don't expect a patch.

Catvoca

Banned
Hi!

Depends on your definition of suck on the PS4. Some things in Bio 1 look worse than they did before, some things look better. The framerate is 60 but dips sometimes. It's better than if you played them on last gen IMO, but not as good as it could (or should) be.

The PS4 version has problems, but it's playable. If you really want to replay the games, it's probably worth it. But yeah, don't expect a patch.

I would LOVE to replay BS on PS4 but I just do not want to support these shoddy ports. Sucks as I was hoping I might be able to relive this one. My PS3 is still hooked up my TV, though, so I guess I could go that route if I wanted to.

SenkiDala

Thanks guys, I'll think then. ^^"

I've read people having problem with saves on PS4, also audiologs that don't play... And a lot of games crash. :/

Thanks guys, I'll think then. ^^"

I've read people having problem with saves on PS4, also audiologs that don't play... And a lot of games crash. :/
No don't worry it's not that big of a problem. It's only that the bugs are the only thing people talk about because everything else about these games has been talked about. So you get the feeling these ports are stuffed with bugs but they're not. Yes there are some but it's not worse than the original games were.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So my friend is wanting to play these for the first time and I figured I'll buy this for him for christmas, but reading the thread here it seems like this is a pretty rough port.

I guess the question stands, should I buy him this collection or just nab all the original games for PS3 for him? Is this collection that bad or at the end of the day is the remaster still preferable over playing originals given a choice?

So my friend is wanting to play these for the first time and I figured I'll buy this for him for christmas, but reading the thread here it seems like this is a pretty rough port.

I guess the question stands, should I buy him this collection or just nab all the original games for PS3 for him? Is this collection that bad or at the end of the day is the remaster still preferable over playing originals given a choice?

This collection is still better than the ps3 ports.

There's no question regarding this, get the Collection!
The original games look horrible on PS3

These are so much better than the PS3 version. Get it.

Coffinhal

Hi, how is the PC version now ? Should I go with the original one or the update ? Thanks

(I don't know yet if I'll play it on my portable PC or my desktop 21:9, if these things matter)

Update just started downloading, any idea what this is? Will update once it's finished. It's
771.8 MBs

Edit: Finished installing, patch notes only say "Bug Fixes" nothing more specific than that

J_Viper

So are the PC versions fixed up yet?

I believe these remasters are the only way to play at resolutions beyond 1080p with controller support, right?

Stein3x

So are the PC versions fixed up yet?

I believe these remasters are the only way to play at resolutions beyond 1080p with controller support, right?

Pc patch 2 will be available on 20th. as stated here. The original versions had controller support if i remember correctly and you're able to play them at any resolution/AR you like.

I did try the first Bioshock to see if anything changed up until you get your first gun.

1) No AF still
2) The fire & flames effect bug is still visible underwater in the opening scene.
3) 3D Audio positioning is still all over the place which was my only issue with the remasters.
4) I didn't check if they fixed the save system being shared with the first 2 titles.

J_Viper

Pc patch 2 will be available on 20th. as stated here. The original versions had controller support if i remember correctly and you're able to play them at any resolution/AR you like.

I did try the first Bioshock to see if anything changed up until you get your first gun.

1) No AF still
2) The fire & flames effect bug is still visible underwater in the opening scene.
3) 3D Audio positioning is still all over the place which was my only issue with the remasters.
4) I didn't check if they fixed the save system being shared with the first 2 titles.
Thanks for the info!

Bioshock 2's original PC version does not have controller support. (The Steam page claims the Steam port has it; I can neither confirm nor deny that, I only played the GFWL version.)

1) No AF still
I did the same and I'd also like to add:

5) LOD issues. I ran into this one myself, and that's just at the beginning of the game.
6) Maybe this falls under 3D Audio Positioning, but some of the Splicer voices are damn near inaudible. The one near the beginning that's banging on the door yelling at "Brenda," I could barely hear him to the point where I thought his dialog was outright missing.

witness

So how's the Xbox version post patch? It's on sale now and I would love to play through these again but I don't want to pay for shit versions.

Hugstable

Banned
So how's the Xbox version post patch? It's on sale now and I would love to play through these again but I don't want to pay for shit versions.

Yeah I would love to know as well. Don't really care for Infinite, just want a good looking and running version of Bioshock 1 and 2 on my console

I only ever played Bioshock 1 on PS3. Should I play Bioshock 2 and Infinite on PS3 or play the remasters on PS4? Even with the flaws, are the remakes of 2 and infinite still better than the PS3 versions?

DOWN

Banned
Is 2k games still patching the games? Or are the main issues still there?

I'd like to know this too as I picked it up cheap a month or two ago but have started it yet as was waiting for patches. That I thought would be out by now :/
It's now easily an upgrade from the last gen of consoles if those are all you had before. Still no anisotropic filtering which is pretty awful if you are sensitive to it, but now a solid 60fps remaster to play. I'd say it is worth it next time it goes on sale.

There was one patch only and it was decent and I doubt they'll patch anything else.

muzzymate

I just completed recently BioShock 1 from the Collection on Xbox One.

The Xbox One version of Bio1 was patched to support 5.1 audio which was my beef with the 1.0 release. Water spouting effects still look worse than the original release, others are just a "your opinions may vary". Audio is still has some weird hiccups and generally flatter and compressed. Xbox One version at least has anisotropic filtering at least (in Infinite). It's at a point where it's completely playable and passable. The director's commentary interviews were interesting to watch. Wish they had included some for Infinite. I plan to go through Infinite and then 2 in the near future. Oh, and screenshots and video captures are still disabled.

I doubt there will be any further patching.

Also of note, In BioShock 1 after I got
fully in the big daddy outfit
, I started exploring some of the other areas to get some Power to the People upgrades I missed. Unfortunately, all the other progress was reset. So suddenly I was confronting
Peach & Ryan with Atlas talking
in the
big daddy outfit
. It was odd. I eventually got to a point where the scripting processes just didn't know what to do and I couldn't progress any further. I reverted to an older save to get the other upgrades I missed.

FTF

Ah ok, thanks guys. I'll prob just start them soon then, love the games so hopefully the minor issues don't bother me.

Phat 2000 Dola

Neo Member
Was about to hit this up on the russian store for xbox one......shame theres still issues. I havent played Bioshock at all (shock) and thought this would be the best way to experience them!

gfxtwin

I just got this on PS4. What the HELL is up with the aiming? Horizontal aiming has a weird acceleration, but is otherwise fine, but there is no acceleration when aiming vertically - it just moves very, very slow. It's maddening, almost unplayable. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

EDIT: nvmnd, it seems to have re-oriented itself as soon as you get to rapture. Odd. *shrug*

BlizzKrut

Banned
I'm having huge crashing issues with Minerva's Den,
specifically at the part where a group of flaming brute splicers fight you after you acquire Gravity Well,
the game just crashes everytime in that part with all the plasmids and effects going on.

Azzanadra

Apologies for rezing this thread but...

Has anyone found a fix for the weapon fov/viewmodels? Like they are so big and up in your face (like the original game...) after the most recent patch (in October I think?) whereas it was good before. The weapon being so big and in your face makes the game nearly unplayable and I stopped playing in hopes they would fix it down the line but clearly they never did... is there a mod/fan solution anywhere? Or may any of you know how to change it back?

Top Bottom