• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection |OT| Once is not enough.

DOWN

Banned
7nqpJiB.png

EDIT: The game has numerous issues and console versions have no patch so far nor any indication that there will ever be one. Reported by users: The game is missing AF on consoles, causing awful muddiness in textures. Other graphical issues present as well, like water appearing opaque and miscolored. There's no surround sound. Please submit a ticket about the missing AF and any other issues you encounter to 2K support here: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us

Ironically, this remaster project has had the most leaks of any remaster to date. Also this is my first OT so feel free to PM me any feedback.

C4qpCM2.png

Release Date: September 13th NA, September 15th AUS (and PC Worldwide Updates), September 16th WW
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC (as September 15th updates to original PC releases except Infinite, see info below)
Content: BioShock (plus DLC/PS3 content), BioShock 2 (plus DLC, No multiplayer content included), BioShock Infinite (plus all DLC)
Price: $59.99 US and equivalent, Free update for PC

bNY0nXB.png

Return to the cities of Rapture and Columbia and experience the award-winning BioShock franchise like never before, beautifully remastered in 1080p and 60fps. BioShock: The Collection contains all single-player content from BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite, all single-player add-on content, the “Columbia’s Finest” pack, and Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock, featuring Ken Levine and Shawn Robertson.

GGDvuQt.gif

Original Release 2007
BioShock is a shooter unlike any you've ever played, loaded with weapons and tactics never seen. It also has unarguably the best intro level of any game ever. You'll have a complete arsenal at your disposal from simple revolvers to grenade launchers and chemical throwers, but you'll also be forced to genetically modify your DNA to create an even more deadly weapon: you.
• Museum of Orphaned Concepts
• Challenge Rooms
uyhLTaX.gif

Original Release 2010
Set approximately 10 years after the events of the original BioShock, the halls of Rapture once again echo with sins of the past. Along the Atlantic coastline, a monster has been snatching little girls and bringing them back to the undersea city of Rapture. Players step into the boots of the most iconic denizen of Rapture, the Big Daddy, as they travel through the decrepit and beautiful fallen city, chasing an unseen foe in search of answers and their own survival.
• Minerva’s Den
• Protector Trials
xH10hDB.gif

Original Release 2013
Bring us the girl, wipe away the debt. The year is 1912. Deep in debt, Booker DeWitt has only one opportunity for a clean slate: rescue Elizabeth, a mysterious girl imprisoned since childhood in the flying city of Columbia.
• Clash in the Clouds
• Burial at Sea 1&2
• Columbia’s Finest Pack

dYxARLM.png

Changes include redone textures, added effects, and physics now in 60fps along with the rest of the game content. See videos for more:

• Remastered in 1080p and running at 60fps.
• BioShock main game and all single player DLC.
• BioShock 2 main game and all single player DLC.
• BioShock Infinite main game and all single player DLC.
• Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock, featuring Ken Levine and Shawn Robertson

CkQHpZq.png

Collection Gameplay:
Let's Play BioShock (Official)
Let's Play BioShock 2 (Official)
Let's Play BioShock Infinite (Official)

Screenshots:

z5TXDsu.png

Announcement Trailer
BioShock: Revisit Rapture Trailer
BioShock The Collection Remastered Comparison Trailer

PC Release
The PC remaster content will be delivered free to owners of the original copies of the games. This does not include Infinite since it released with relatively modern assets and fidelity on PC at its launch. To receive the updates, you only need to own the corresponding content. Owning only the first game, for example, will qualify you to receive the updated content as a separate new remaster title in your library for that corresponding title. To receive BioShock 2, own it. To receive Minerva's Den, own BioShock 2 + Minerva's Den (as it's an add-on for BioShock 2). Full details in the official blog by 2K: https://blog.2k.com/news/en-bioshock-the-collection-pc-upgrades

PC Requirements
Total Storage Space:
* BioShock: 25 GB
* BioShock 2: 25 GB
* BioShock Infinite: 20 GB
* Total for all three games: 70 GB
Minimum System Specs:
* Processor: Intel E6750 Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHZ
* Memory: 4 GB
* GPU: DirectX11 Compatible, AMD Radeon HD 7770 / Nvidia GeForce GTX 560
Recommended System Specs:
* Processor: 3 GHz Quad-Core
* Memory: 8 GB
* Video Card: 2 GB ATI Radeon HD 7970, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 or better

kCqicUc.gif

Enjoy.

finley83

Banned
PC Release
The PC remaster content will be delivered as a patch to the original copies of the games. This does not include Infinite since it released with relatively modern assets and fidelity on PC at its launch. To receive the updates, you only need to own the corresponding content. Owning only the first game, for example, will qualify you to receive the updated content for that specific title.

This isn't quite correct - the remasters will appear as separate entries in your library and as such won't overwrite the originals.

Honestly Bioshock 1 is one of my favorite games of all time. Going to have to pick this up once the holiday season slows down.

RiggyRob

Wait, isn't this early?

*reads date*

What the fuck do you mean it's out 3 days later worldwide than America?

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

TheMoon

you should maybe list some of the actual features of those remasters such as the physics running at 60fps now.

bioshock 2 was 2010.

DOWN

Banned

KodaRuss

I have it coming tomorrow. This is the first remaster that I will purchase that I have already played previously. Pretty damn excited to play through it again. I love this series. Ill even give Infinite another shot at some point (I beat it but just really didnt love it like the other two).

GeeTeeCee

I'm looking forward to playing 1 & Infinite again, and trying for the third or fourth time to get into Bioshock 2 - and make it past the opening few hours of the game. Hopefully this time will be the one that sticks.

Gintoki

I've only played a bit of bioshock and didn't finish it, will give it another go with this remaster as its a free upgrade for pc.

U2NUMB

Can not wait to play the best Bioshock again.....
#2... #2 was the best

Also great job on your first OT.. looks fantastic!

etta

my hard graphic balls
Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite are two of the best games ever made. Very excited by this.

Anung

Un Rama
Dying to play Bioshock 1 and 2 again and all the DLC stuff is icing on the cake. Totally indifferent to playing Infinite again.

DOWN

Banned
you should maybe list some of the actual features of those remasters such as the physics running at 60fps now.

bioshock 2 was 2010.
Tried to list features and the physics is now mentioned in the features section but let me know if theres anything else i forgot or if I should stick that info somewhere more visible

Did they fix the 30fps physics in Bioshock 1?
Yes

Peterthumpa

The self-promotion in the OT banner is a first, haha.
Good job, let's see how the remaster looks on PC, especially 1 and 2.

Can't wait, Bioshock is an all-time favorite for me. I've been jonesing to play through the original again for years (sold my 360 when I got my XBO). Was planned on taking advantage of backwards compatibility (now we know what that still hasn't happened) but this is even better. Now I'm just waiting for the game to unlock tonight. Good times.

Fuchsdh

Yes.

I'm pretty sure I read/heard somewhere that this was fixed. Wasn't the issue on consoles as well?

Yeah it was a later update for the original game, I assume it was fixed across platforms.

I'm kind of sad that the stupid Clash in the Clouds achievements are still there. CitC is a frustrating as hell example of why BioShock Infinite made strides but still isn't that enjoyable from a pure gunplay standpoint, and making you fight waves with arbitrary challenges in the process isn't fun.

Tain

When it comes to Bioshock I want the physics framerate and FOV updates but I don't know if I actually want the new assets, lol.

SCB3

Wonder ihow well the game looks now, I remember Crysis and Bioshock being THE games to run on gaming PC's about a decade or so ago

Muffdraul

I've had the itch to replay Bioshock for ages, I was holding off long before this got announced. Can't friggin' wait to finally play again this week!

I've been waiting for so long! Can't wait to play these three, and get the platinums (I only have the Infinite's platinum, 2 had multiplayer and 1 I did not try to get).

maus

The fact that these are free updates on steam is pretty awesome.

Been meaning to play Bioshock 2 so I bought a key on the humblebundle store for 5 bucks and am looking forward to the 15th!

I've waited on replaying all three of these games for almost two years because of this collection. To say I'm excited is an understatement.

I love these games so much that I wrote an essay on Objectivism in college and used bioshock as a major talking point. Got an A in it too.

alexbull_uk

If the framerate is solid on PS4 I'll go for it. It's been a while since I played Infinite and I've never actually completed 1 or 2.

Top Bottom