• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection |OT| Once is not enough.

SHarris78

I'd forgotten this was coming out so soon. Currently on the final level of Dishonored, once that's done (and the dlc for it), it's Bioshock time!

Can't wait to replay all these games, BioShock and Infinite are two of my favorite games of all time and 2 is a great game in its own right.

I already played all of the games on ps3. not sure if it is worth to double dip if the graphics are not much better, although I LOVE bioshock.

Will get it when it is cheaper

Apdiddy

I may pick this up tomorrow. BioShock was frustrating to do for a Platinum
Hint: Target Dummy distracts Fontaine very easily even on Survivor difficulty!
and BioShock Infinite had some frustrating bits, but the games are relevant even today.

jennetics

I really liked the Bioshock Infinite logo reveal

LuA_kA.gif

Edit: Bioshock 2 was pretty cool as well.
picgifs-bioshock-2-19149.gif

I'll wait for a sale. Already beat 1 and Infinite so I can wait a bit.

Looking forward to DF comparisons and such. May jump the gun quicker if they're incredibly positive.

I heard the PC version was coming out a few days later than the consoles, but I don't see that in the OT. Is the PC version also coming on the 13th?

I actually got my PS4 copy in the mail from Best Buy on Saturday, but only had the time this weekend to install the disc. So unfortunately I have no impressions to share other than I was surprised that Infinite was the disc on the uncovered right side of the case, and the disc for 1 and 2 was covered up on the left side of the case. I just thought that was odd. I almost completely missed that there were 2 separate discs in the case.

RowdyReverb

I'm really excited for this one, but I think I'll wait for a price drop. $60 is a bit steep for 3 singleplayer games I've played before

Weevilone

I actually got my PS4 copy in the mail from Best Buy on Saturday, but only had the time this weekend to install the disc. So unfortunately I have no impressions to share other than I was surprised that Infinite was the disc on the uncovered right side of the case, and the disc for 1 and 2 was covered up on the left side of the case. I just thought that was odd. I almost completely missed that there were 2 separate discs in the case.

That's crazy, Amazon isn't going to get my ancient preorder here until 2 days after launch, and I have Prime.

haendeul

I heard the PC version was coming out a few days later than the consoles, but I don't see that in the OT. Is the PC version also coming on the 13th?

It's releasing on the 15th/16th along the international console version.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/7670/announcements/detail/590358275265994185
BioShock: The Collection, and the free upgrades, launch globally on September 15, 2016 on Steam at 3pm PT (12am UTC/ 8am AEST September 16).

DR2K

Banned
Three complete games with all DLC. You are out of your mind if you don't think that is a value.

I played them already, and got some for free on PS3 via plus. I'm not saying it isn't a great value, just that it isn't a great one for me.

1. It's weird that BioShock and BioShock 2 are together but that Infinite is by itself.

2. They also have extremely ugly/generic art on the dashboard. It's an extremely small thing but it seems like a weird choice.

3. My DL speeds have been glacial for this pre-load. I've never had a download this slow on PSN ever. Anyone else having really bad speeds? Edit: Just checked, and it nearly finished just in rest mode. It was glacial even in rest mode last night.

That's crazy, Amazon isn't going to get my ancient preorder here until 2 days after launch, and I have Prime.

I've been using Amazon for my pre-orders for a long time now, but jumped on the GCU sale a little while back. This is the first game I've gotten as a pre-order from Best Buy, and I got it 3 days early. I don't know if that's normal, but it's definitely a great start.

Ridley327

is there an achievement list anywhere? Im curious what bioshock 2 will be like with no multiplayer, never did get those ones.
IIRC, it's really similar to the first game's list, though there are some unique ones pertaining to how that game flows, like getting through a harvest without taking damage.

Spinluck

Bioshock was fantastic, played BS2 and didn't finish. How is that since I can't remember? Bioshock Infinite picked up for me, but I didn't finish that either. I think I'm gonna pick this one up.

Frostman

Really looking forward to this release. Only played infinite (Without DLC's), so looking forward to diving into everything I missed.

RedAssedApe

Banned
The Infinite story DLC is a must if you have even an iota of reverence for the series. Don't do it until you've at least played 1 and 2 though.

cool..i've played all three games. just missed that story dlc because it took so long to come out. is it pretty short? will probably try and redbox it.

Smokey

Got this coming from Gamefly. Should be here Thurs. Really only playing it for bioshock 2. It's the only one I haven't completed.

Kind of bummed about having to wait until the 15th to get the PC versions but still pumped none the less. Can't wait to play Bioshock without the low fps physics.

This is great, I'm a big fan of FPS but I never played Bioshock series cause at the time my PC was crappy as hell and I didn't have money to upgrade it.

Some months ago I bought a Bioshock pack from Steam but I couldn't play it since the horizontal panning (when moving) in the first game makes the picture to look jerky as hell, it's some kind of stutter that makes me sick (I get kinda dizzy).

I tried everything and nothing fixed it.

I'm hoping this new release works well >:/

Akoi

Well I can't wait to see what the PC version is like. I hated the 30fps physics and the terrible widescreen support. Since it looks like thats being fixed I might have to replay these.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So is no one else noticing the super blurry floor in those screens? Looks like no AF. Are those old screens? Have they fixed it?

Top Bottom