• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billy Crudup Drops Out of The Flash movie

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Update: looks like ew slipped up!
UPDATE: Billy Crudup is still attached to The Flash, set to play the Scarlett Speedster’s father in the film.

Original:
http://www.newsarama.com/34518-report-billy-crudup-drops-out-of-the-flash.html

http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/16/flash-director-robert-zemeckis-matthew-vaughn/
The Flash job has not been an easy one to fill. A source tells EW that two Spider-Man directors Sam Raimi and Marc Webb passed on the position. The film also lost its father figure with Billy Crudup, who was set to play the Ezra Miller’s character’s dad, dropping off. Warner Bros. declined to comment.

How the hell. He's in JL... will they reshoot his scenes?

EDIT: sounds more like a schedule conflict or the uncertainty of when it'll start filming.

Blader

Isn't he already in Justice League?

Shame that Raimi has already dropped off, but I hope his name is still in the mix for something else at some point. Would love to see him take another crack at a superhero movie.

Boke1879

Shame that Raimi has already dropped off, but I hope his name is still in the mix for something else at some point. Would love to see him take another crack at a superhero movie.

Let him do Superman

Maddocks

reshooting JL again, or just going to edit him out of the movie. Flash movie is what I want to see the most after Batman of course, but man, its going to come out in 2022 at this rate. We will be in 2 Avatar movies before 1 Flash movie at this rate.

Platy

How the hell. He's in JL... will they reshoot his scenes?

EDIT: sounds more like a schedule conflict or the uncertainty of when it'll start filming.

Or cut him =P

Put him for Justice league Dark. Raimi is best when he is allowed to go full B horror

Blader

Those rumors were debunked but reshoots should be occurring this summer if they're gonna do them at all... Which they will

It'd be hard to reshoot the scenes of Barry and his dad, though, since Ezra is busy this summer with Fantastic Beasts 2. Probably more likely they just cut those scenes altogether.

marrec

Banned
Marrec noooo

I don't think they could do anything at this point to live up to my lofty expectations of the character and given the troubled production and awful design and the fact that DCEU sucks shit in general I just want the pain to stooooop

At this point they should scrap the DCEU. Is that a horrible idea? Probably, but every movie seems to have a cloud of negativity surrounding it.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I wish they'd just start over with it all. I love Batman and the Flash, seeing them in such poorly made pieces of shit makes me very sad :(

If WB really wanted to get some goodwill back, then hiring Sam Raimi to direct one of their superhero movies would be the way to do it.

Not that surprising that some actors would drop out considering the delays. But he's in Justice League, right? So they'll have to recast...
Everything depends on the director as far as I'm concerned, if they announce someone like Vaughn, all my concerns will evaporate. In the meantime, please save us Patty Jenkins!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This project sounds like a mess. You gotta wonder why Crudup would drop out. Maybe he just had some other projects coming up and didn't want this to interfere. But you combine this with all the other news we've gotten and...well it isn't a good look.

huge flash fan here and while id love to see him on the big screen, im going to have to say no. not with DCs current offerings. maybe in a few years.

Litan

You'd think Aquaman would be the solo movie that they have trouble getting off the ground but, nope, everything's going along swimmingly there. Meanwhile...

Penguin

Eh I don't know if it's a big deal

Like a film that should have been in production by now was delayed to an unknown time, at some point you get impatient and probably wanna take on other work.

You'd think Aquaman would be the solo movie that they have trouble getting off the ground but, nope, everything's going along swimmingly there. Meanwhile...

Yeah, it's so weird that The Flash movie keeps shooting itself in the foot and can't even get out of the gate. Hopefully it doesn't limp to the finish.

Ross61

I wonder how true this is when Crudup was just talking about Flash last week and Raimi was JUST announced as in talks yesterday.

It's quite ironic how slow to start this production of The Flash is going.

The Turtle will be the main villain, you heard it here first.
2e455ff273f40546cabec9db2eb23844add84517527f72e53850395df59ce413.jpg

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
This is normal

When the reshoots happen

This is normal

When the reviews are embargoed until the day of release

This is normal

Busty

Banned
wow @ the planning
I would of thought they would lock Billy Crudup down.

This is what I can't get my head around. There's no way the studio don't have him locked into a multi picture deal and its not as if he can just leave given he was already featured in the JL trailer.

If it's a scheduling issue of someone kind then I can see why there might be a problem but given that there is no director locked in, never mind a shoot date, at the moment I don't see how that's possible.

Maybe the Dad character doesn't feature in the new draft? Either that or the whole thing is nonsense.

And did WB really offer this to Marc Webb? Hmm. I'd trust the trades over EW in this.

Top Bottom