• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

billbil-kun: God of War Ragnarok is the next PC Port

Moses85

Tumbleweeds Plains GIF

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

feynoob

Then again, why is game called God of War if there is nothing more to tell about the God of War.
Call it "Dad and Son want to go to a mountain and fight sometimes for whatever reason"
Same reason why halo is called halo and not Master Chief.

GymWolf

Angrboda. Playing as Atreus. Weak kratos.
The weak kratos still beat the living shit out of all his adversaries tho, being a worried father is not weak or woke, he was the same in the 2018 game, i don't see much difference, he is still stubborn and fight with atreus all the time, people talk like he is atreus'lackey or some shit.
Is it because he relatively care about the woman who saved his fucking son?

Atreus is literally a young white, straight male, what the fuck is woke about using him? We can hate his sections because his combat style is not as good as kratos (but i kinda liked figthing with him, it was a nice break in a very long game) and him being a teenage little shit doesn't help, sure.

Angrboda was black for agenda points, sure, other than that she realiy doesn't fight better than atreus or kratos nor she is super powerfull, she is just a kid, not even a snarky one like thor's daughter.
Most of the kids sections\dialogues are the weak part of the game, we can all agree on this, never said that the game is perfect.

YCoCg

You see, we can't get Bloodborne on PC because if effort was put into a PC port, then a PS5 version would be possible and we can't have that...

...for some reason

Last edited:

Fake

Dude, I love you, but respectfully, STFU.

Why so defensive? As much I dislike his take, he is not so wrong. 2018 is far better.

The honeymoon is over dude. You can disagree, but he have some valid points. I wasn't want to play as Atreus as well, just with Kratos.

If they can mod out all the annoying and mandatory hints the characters give you constantly (without removing the interesting history backgrounds), then it's going to be the superior version easily.

Švejk

Although I haven't it played it, I can say for sure that FFXVI had a better story, characters and combat... and thought it still was underwhelming. Not paying a penny for this.

Will be waiting for the meltdowns when based mods gets content though.

rofif

Banned
The weak kratos still beat the living shit out of all his adversaries tho, being a worried father is not weak or woke, he was the same in the 2018 game, i don't see much difference, he is still stubborn and fight with atreus all the time, people talk like he is atreus'lackey or some shit.
Is it because he relatively care about the woman who saved his fucking son?

Atreus is literally a young white, straight male, what the fuck is woke about using him? We can hate his sections because his combat style is not as good as kratos (but i kinda liked figthing with him, it was a nice break in a very long game) and him being a teenage little shit doesn't help, sure.

Angrboda was black for agenda points, sure, other than that she realiy doesn't fight better than atreus or kratos nor she is super powerfull, she is just a kid, not even a snarky one like thor's daughter.
Most of the kids sections\dialogues are the weak part of the game, we can all agree on this, never said that the game is perfect.
They are bad characters. Nobody wants to play as Atreus. His levels are bad.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Could not care less about this game.

Those rumors about remasters of the first 3 games better be true, but I hope PSP games are also in the works.

You see, we can't get Bloodborne on PC because if effort was put into a PC port, then a PS5 version would be possible and we can't have that...

...for some reason

The real reason why we don't have Bloodborne on PC is that is super low on the priority list for FromSoftware. You wouldn't port the game as it is today, it would need a lot of work, at least optimizing. Similarly, Sony wouldn't really want Nixxes to port the game as is to PC.

The natural next choice to do a port would be Bluepoint, but if that wasn't their next project after Demon's Souls, it might take some time to do it.

Rival

Gold Member
My backlog is so bad and my focus on playing new games is so poor that my PS5 copy I purchased at launch is still sitting on my shelf in the packaging.maybe I’ll just keep it that way and buy the pc version when it drops.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
What is the point of PS5 Pro?

lol they have learned nothing from MS's failures. They are making their own console obsolete. But sure go ahead.

It is definitely starting to feel that way. Once the Ragnarok port is announced, the only 1P exclusives SIE'll still have for console are:

-GT7 (also on the Nvidia leak, so probably imminent)​
-Demon's Souls (also on the Nvidia leak, so likely imminent)​
-Astro's Playroom (a demo)​
-Spiderman 2 (guaranteed PC port prob sometime early 2025 at this rate)​
-Destruction All-Stars (a dead GAAS)​

.....and that's it.

These PC ports are going to make the PS5 Pro a worthless upgrade, because anything it can do, a capable enough PC can also do and probably better.

Unless this rumor turns out to be false (low probability of that), I think we're looking at a PS5 that will 100% sell less than the PS4, and a PS5 Pro that won't do anywhere near as well as the PS4 Pro. People can't even use the Pro excuse for why console sales are tracking behind PS4 now because SIE forecasted they'd be comfortably ahead of PS4 by this point launch-aligned in prior fiscal reports, and that was factoring in the PS5 Pro releasing later than the PS4 Pro when launch-aligned.

Last edited:
some people just refuse to play on PC, so it'll be a nice upgrade for them.

The ones who'd mostly be interested in a PS5 Pro aren't as adverse to playing on PC as the casuals and mainstream, though.

And they're the ones who'd be looking into playing or replaying a game like Ragnarok with better visuals & framerate.

How about feeding PS players first?

Don't worry we still have the imaginary Showcase that might or might not happen this month according to the guy who was wrong about last year's Showcase!

Last edited:

Denton

I hope it will be better than the first game. It was fun, but after the 10/10 hype I found it somewhat underwhelming.
Still, looking forward to it. But more so to TLOU2.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Saved me some money by staggering the release if this and HFW to the point that even Sony fanboys say these games are mid. I’m not mad.

Double dipping on Ghost of Sushi tho.

I’m much more interested in GoT.

God of War used to be a franchise I’d get so hyped for, but after the last one I’m just lukewarm on it. Plus I’ve heard Ragnarok wasn’t as good as that so, ugh.

I’ll pick it up at a nice discount.

Mr Moose

God of War used to be a franchise I’d get so hyped for, but after the last one I’m just lukewarm on it. Plus I’ve heard Ragnarok wasn’t as good as that so, ugh.

Ghost is a great game, was my GOTY over TLoU2.
Haven't finished GoW:R but maybe someday I'll get around to it. It's one of the cleanest games I have seen.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I never finished the first one
I thought it was fun. It's semi-linear, allowing for a lot of exploration. I liked it a lot, felt like a journey.

Game has it's flaws. Some padding here and there (mostly the fire and mist realms, don't remember their names), lack of enemy variety and barely any bossfights, which for a God of War game feels like a crime. Also some tacked in RPG-lite stuff that to me felt quite out of place.

Not sure about this sequel tho. Never played it but it sure seems like a divisive game.

Last edited:

simpatico

It won't sell as well as 2018 did. Too much bad word of mouth. Even a lot of Sony die hards admit that it's a bit of a shit show. Sony is going to be really confused about the sales numbers across various titles until they release a bigger spread of games. Just to understand why the ones that bomb actually bomb. None of the Sony sales figures on PC have been surprising so far.

That is just bs to kill the hype. There is a common theme on Gaf to call Sony exclusives bad, overrated or woke and worst than the first game, which is pretty much the opposite consensus of what people think outside this forum.

Even this thread is the first time I'm seeing people say it's bad and overrated. If you think GOW Ragnarok is a bad game, I dont want to communicate with you....you have ZERO taste and an ulterior motive.

It sold 11 million copies in 5 months, the game is far from bad or overrated. The only people I've seen have a problem with this game are the people who were outraged the game has a black girl in it, and saying THAT is the result of SBI, or DEI. Literally the outrage was against having a black girl in a fictional game about Norse Mythology, and that was MONTHS before release. Its like people calling the game boring or bad and to skip it, are trying "mask" that same illogical criticism people had when the game characters were revealed.

Last edited:

Null Persp

I thought it was fun. It's semi-linear, allowing for a lot of exploration. I liked it a lot, felt like a journey.

Game has it's flaws. Some padding here and there (mostly the fire and mist realms, don't remember their names), lack of enemy variety and barely any bossfights, which for a God of War game feels like a crime. Also some tacked in RPG-lite stuff that to me felt quite out of place.
I think I lost interest after a while when I got the boat, it was a mix of semi open world, repetetive enemies, tacked rpg-lite mechanics and the setting that I didn't like too much.
Maybe I'll revisit it later now that I got a new gpu only to enjoy the graphics and to see the story.

Neofire

What garbage is this? Clearly the PC ports are generating revenue on titles that have reached full saturation on console. Why wouldn’t you squeeze more revenue out of older games that are no longer generating much? Because you hate money?
🤦🏿‍♂️ This regurgitated talking point again that only seems to apply to situations involving PC ports but for Sonys own games and ports on its own platforms....."oh it doesn't make sense".

Still waiting on my psvr 2 ports that definitely make sense on ps5 or hell my bloodborne port for Sony's own system but they are hyper focused on PC.

How did HFW do again? 👀

rofif

Banned
Well at least you stopped with the woke bullshit.

Small victoriers.
gow ragnarok is undeniably woke. its sbi post child.
what are you talking about ?
the only reason angrboda exists.

Again. It's a good game. Graphics are great, most stuff in it is great at least considering kratos levels..
But 2018 was a better game all around

Last edited:

GymWolf

gow ragnarok is undeniably woke. its sbi post child.
what are you talking about ?
the only reason angrboda exists.

Again. It's a good game. Graphics are great, most stuff in it is great at least considering kratos levels..
But 2018 was a better game all around
Oh so you ignored everything i said and continue with this bullshit uh?

Ok dude you can yap all you want, but you are alone from now on :messenger_blowing_kiss:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
That is just bs to kill the hype. There is a common theme on Gaf to call Sony exclusives bad, overrated or woke and worst than the first game, which is pretty much the opposite consensus of what people think outside this forum.

Even this thread is the first time I'm seeing people say it's bad and overrated. If you think GOW Ragnarok is a bad game, I dont want to communicate with you....you have ZERO taste and an ulterior motive.

It sold 11 million copies in 5 months, the game is far from bad or overrated. The only people I've seen have a problem with this game are the people who were outraged the game has a black girl in it, and saying THAT is the result of SBI, or DEI. Literally the outrage was against having a black girl in a fictional game about Norse Mythology, and that was MONTHS before release. Its like people calling the game boring or bad and to skip it, are trying "mask" that same illogical criticism people had when the game characters were revealed.

Have more respect for your time and learn to appreciate well written narratives. None of which is present here in Ragnarok and was stated numerous times at launch. If you happened not to see it, then you purposefully put your head in the sand to avoid anything negative about Sony. If there is anyone here with an ulterior motive? It would be you and other Sony Defense Warriors like the above post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom