• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best headphones for PS5?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yikes. Their best option is a meager 7 our of 10?
Surprise headsets marketed to gamers are generally sheit.

use your DS5 controller as a mic..
and use a decent pair of cans.
No need for big budget..

Beyer dt 770 pro’s are great bang for bucks.

i see this thread popping up every month or so.

also i wouldn’t ask a gaming forum for audio advice tbh. Do some research to the one i posted. See if you like it or not.. if you want to upgrade get a nice dac etc etc..
start simple imo. Then get more gear.

i just cringe so fing hard when people mention dolby atmos for cans or tv speakers.. or anything that is not speakers actually mounted on your ceiling for all that matters.

i would not game with a pair of cans tbh.
but not everyone has the space. So godspeed.

also avoid audiophiles they are the worst fucking kind of sub humans.

Last edited:

recursive

Anyone use the Sennheiser HD 660s with PS5? I read these headphones are easier to run, don't require an external amp etc.
I think those are 150ohms. I am assuming you would be planning to drive them via the dualsense. I suspect the dualsense was designed for a lower impedance so those might work but volume could be limited and the sound quality not as full with a proper amp. I have only tried up to 50ohm headphones direct connect and those sounded OK. Would need to do some research into the driver in the dualsense to say better.

Leyasu

Banned
Get wired. If you want a mic, then go with something like these

For closed back
Beyerdynamic mmx300 gen 2

For open back
Epos hd6 pro
Or
Audiotechnica

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I have the Pulse 3D headset. I think they are very good and provide excellent audio for the price point. I also have Sony's WH-1000 xm4 and they are far superior, but also very expensive.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I have the Pulse 3D headset. I think they are very good and provide excellent audio for the price point. I also have Sony's WH-1000 xm4 and they are far superior, but also very expensive.
I have pulse 3d and sony xm3. I find pulse less comfortable at first and more later since these are not as warm as xm3 and dont clamp as much.
And pulse 3d is better for home usage. xm3 have so much bass to overcome the commute/city noise

Mr Hyde

And pulse 3d is better for home usage. xm3 have so much bass to overcome the commute/city noise

Yeah, I use Pulse headset only at home when playing on my PS5. They are not for outdoor use. Xm4 is way more versatile, more comfortable and the noise canceling is a godsend when outside. But as I said in my previous, they are way more expensive than Pulse headset and thus, are more premium.

jaysius

Banned
I use Philips Fidelio X2HR, stopped using the Pulse 3Ds.
These headphones sound AMAZING. Clamping force is a bit heavy though if you wear glasses, put them on some books though slightly wider than your head to loosen it and enjoy some of the best not super expensive headphones around.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
b94792d2-aab6-4116-aa73-55cf923a6894.015451f8f466d03c421921fa6ec1e068.jpeg

Astro A10 it's wired and $50 but it plugs into the controller fortunately.

Top Bottom