• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The End Of PS5" [dunkey]

Sony clearly has a considered strategy of backloading their exclusive output to the end of the generation. This makes sense, since it builds up goodwill in time for the generation transition. People will have the last two years of straight banger exclusives in mind when deciding which console to get next.

The downside is that it leaves the middle of the generation a bit fallow. But If you're going to sacrifice one of the beginning, middle, and end of a given generation, you'd be insane not to sacrifice the middle.

It only needs to happen a couple times before everyone learns not to bother with the console at launch.

HighPoly

Banned
I'd like to see Uncharted Remake, Last of us 3, Ghost of Sushi 2, GOW in Egypt, GOW 1 and 2 remake, BEND STUDIO new ip, ND new ip, Santa Monica new ip, Killzone 1, 2 and 3 Remastered, another Ratchet Clank...

Well, all those games don't exist... I bought Xbox Series X, I'm pretty happy...

But I'm waiting for some of those games soon on PS5...

elmos-acc

The biggest problem is not Sony underdelivering in their first-party offering. It is a problem though.

The biggest problem IMO is the a lot of the remaining big publishers that MS hasn't bought yet have been irrelevant when it comes to hype.

EA's best in 2013-2015, the first TWO years. Not even counting all the sports games, racing games etc:
Battlefield 4
Titanfall
Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (I will defend this game)
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Star Wars Battlefront remake

Highlights from Ubisoft's lineup:
AC IV: Black Flag
Watch Dogs
Trials Fusion
AC Unity
Far Cry 4
The Crew
AC Syndicate
Rainbow Six: Siege

Are all of these games great? No. But they looked next-gen (even if some were cross-gen), people were excited for them AND there were always multiple games already announced in the pipeline. At least the marketing worked and an stacked E3 showcases created an illusion that you would always have something worth playing and something to look forward to. And a fun part of these games were that since they delivered on all platforms, they had value outside of console wars.

Top Bottom