• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best feeling gameplay?

Hayao Miyazaki Reaction GIF

That's a really solid list, OP. I'd consider Resident Evil 4 Remake to be up there, as well. Some may say that Leon is a little sluggish, causing frustration, and to them, I say:

street fighter no GIF by Red Bull

SEGA_2012

Yakuza franchise (especially 5)
Devil May Cry franchise (especially 5)
Binary Domain
Gears of War franchise (especially 4)

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
MGSV did have crazy good feeling...
Dragon's Dogma and Dying Light go up there for me.
FPS never felt as great as the mid-to-late 2000s. FEAR and STALKER have peak gunplay.
Sunset Overdrive.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
SSX TRICKY
GEARS OF WAR 1
CALL OF DUTY: MW
THE LAST OF US: PART II
BURNOUT 3
NINJA GAIDEN BLACK
GOD OF WAR: RAGNAROK

Last edited:

Holammer

Noita
Binding of Isaac
Enter the Gungeon
Hades

Also many Nintendo games I guess.

I enjoy all the genres. but rogue-likes do it for me. High stakes winner takes all puts some pressure on you. It's a good feeling to get a perfect synergy in Isaac and Gungeon, or get the making of a Noita God Run and...
POLYMORPHED!!!
*AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH*

radewagon

Best feeling.... ? I don't even know how I'd categorize what's "best feeling." I guess I'd have to go with rhythm games. I dunno. They feel good to play. Rock Band, Muse Dash, Theaterhythm, Hatsune Miku,...... NOT Cadence of Hyrule....

Naked Lunch

Street Fighter 3
Sin and Punishment N64
Halo 3
Mario 2 [NA version]
Radiant Silvergun
Ninja Gaiden NES version and Black
Sega Rally 1

I feel in total control of each of those games. All mistakes are entirely the player's fault - as well as all the good moments.

GTA 3 was mind blowing at the time. Very clear memory of playing it for the first time. Nothing like it ever came before. Freedom to reek havoc on a city. It was right after 9/11, so it was a bit of a depressing period. It was nice to be fully absorbed in something. Definitely the bridge that made me start watching more adult theme material. I was 11

Last edited:

Flabagast

MGS V is insane.

In terms of third person action you cannot say any other game is above it unless you are a dishonest or uneducated person.

93xfan

Banned
Super Mario Bros 3
Mario 64
Halo 3 (in MCC)
Zelda: A Link to the Past
SSX 3
THPS 3
Ninja Gaiden Black

Last edited:
Halo 2
Street Fighter 2
Missile Command (with a trackball)
Tony Hawk 3
Rayman Legends
Amplitude
Super Mario Brothers
Spiderman PS4
Burnout 3

Fredrik

Metroid Dread - control perfection, there is literally nothing I would want to change.
The game really just needs less exploration hand-holding to be the best game of all time, as it is it stumbles down to maybe #5.

The Ascent is up there as well. Top-down twin-stick controls with a cover system is just brilliant, feels like you have full control over your situation at all times even with tons of enemies on screen.

Returnal needs to be mentioned as well. It does have some standard third person can’t-see-shit-behind-me issues but otherwise it plays incredibly well.

Last edited:
It's a mouthful so i'll just organise the games with the best combat systems by genres I play the most

Hack n Slash(generally top tier combat):

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Bayonetta 3
Devil May Cry 3
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor Edge
Devil May Cry 5

Fighter(very high tier combat):

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2
Dragon Ball Fighterz
Guilty Gear Strive
DnF Duel
Mortal Kombat X
Injustice
Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Arena Shooter:

Doom Eternal
Shadow Warrior 3
DOOM 2016
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
Splitgate

RPG:

Fire Emblem Awakening
Tales of Xillia 2
Tales of Vesperia
Horizon Zero Dawn
Shin Megami Tensei V
Final Fantasy XIII

Misc:

Ghostrunner
inFAMOUS 2
inFAMOUS
Streets Of Rage 4
Metal Gear Solid 2

Last edited:

Bakkus

Just finished P5 Royal, and it has to be this. It took me around 150 hours between it and the vanilla game for me to grow a bit tired of it.

Pejo

Rayman Legends/Origins - Especially the music levels when you perfected them
Both Ori games - Especially the escape sequences
Nioh 1/2 - Super satisfying once you git gud and can manipulate the ki pulse, then finish it off with a badass sheathing animation.
Burnout 3 - Best crash racing ever
Sonic & All Stars Racing: Transformed - best arcade racing game ever, the multiple paths and dynamic courses that change each lap is still something that I wish more games copied. Stunts and drifting felt nice and not mandatory autism mode like Mario Kart
Monster Hunter series - Learning how to dodge and position with the weighty but powerful attacks of slower weapons, so good when you dunk on a monster and it knocks them down.
Bust-A-Groove - Best vs. rhythm game of all time. Mixing attacks in with perfect combos always kept it interesting
Bushido Blade - Wish more games had lethal strikes that end the match in 1-2 swings. Bring some danger and dynamic options to the fighting game scene and not make everything 58 hit corner carry combos off of crouching medium kicks
Waverace 64 - Still somehow the most fun jetski game and had some of the best feeling waves.
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 (original) - Skateboarding perfection where it was still kinda goofy but not totally off the rails goofy. Didn't play the remake but I heard it wasn't as good?

Off the top of my head.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Most people will cite the obvious ones so I will go with muramasa be it on wii or vita and Nier automata of course....Oh and vanquish

kubricks

Sekiro: When you manage to perform a perfect mikiri against spear wielding enemies.

it just ...

The expression of your skills within the game is just epic in so many ways.
The first skill check boss that is Genichiro perfectly reflect this. First try you will probably block all the 9 hits combo, broke your own posture and die. After a few rounds, you win by blocking the first 2 hits, then parry spam the next 7 and win anyways.

But then once the game truly clicks, you parry all 9 hits without missing a beat and proceed to murder him.
Then you realize YOU ARE THE BOSS, not him!

That is until the Glock saint kick your ass anyway lol.

Top Bottom