• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bellator 149 |OT| Shamrock, Gracie, Kimbo, DADA5000 (Yes, This Is A Sanctioned Event)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CbobTLkVIAAya4H.jpg

Dada off on the stretcher.

https://twitter.com/mmaonsiriusxm/status/700903145606492160

dream

Seriously, that entire card was more fun than anything I've seen from the Ultimate in a decade.

Also, RIP Dada 5000.

Heel

Jeremy Botter ‏@jeremybotter 36m36 minutes ago
One of the judges was laughing. Seriously. He couldn't stop laughing. John McCarthy forced himself to not laugh.

Jeremy Botter ‏@jeremybotter 35m35 minutes ago
Booker T is over here crying with laughter

Jeremy Botter ‏@jeremybotter 34m34 minutes ago
John McCarthy and Jimmy Smith are dying of laughter in the cage.

Jeremy Botter ‏@jeremybotter 44m44 minutes ago
WCW's Stevie Ray is not happy about what he is seeing here.

demolitio

And this is why I just had it on in the background while playing a game. I'm used to this shit being one big joke, but this one was almost insulting.

I just watched the highlight and LOL'ed harder than I ever have at a sports video. Incredible.

They both belong in an assisted living centre and should be playing Bingo/Connect 4.

I would seriously be embarrassed to be associated with that company after tonight. Especially anyone who left the UFC to come there.

I'm not convinced that Bellator isn't some sort of money laundering front, and Dada 5000/Kimbo looked like two drunk old men fighting at the park, but Bellator fucking wipes the floor with UFC in terms of presentation. These guys are able to make a fight between two random scrubs off the street look compelling, meanwhile UFC is trying to get people to buy shitty, generic ass "fighter kits". At least Bellator is honest about what MMA is and probably always will be in the mainstream: Human cockfighting. Dana keeps trying to fight that but it's just not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom