• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bellator 138 |OT| Circus Fights From 2008 in 2015: Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
lCEq2Dd.png

It was 2008, Kimbo Slice was the hottest thing in the "fighting" world. He first made a name for himself beating up drug dealers and bouncers in back alleys of Miami. Millions of 12 year old boys thought he was the greatest. He was then signed to a professional MMA organization run by a man somehow sleazier than Dana White. In his first few fights he had beat up a former fighter named Tank, and almost caused a can named Colossus to pass out due to blood loss via ear. Kimbo was then set up to fight an old WWF wrestler and part time fighter named Ken Shamrock. Ken was old and had already lost about 25 fights in a row. Kimbo knocking him out was the way it was supposed to go. Supposed to. Hours before the fight was to take place, Ken was being dumb and somehow cut himself. Ken was ruled out of the fight.

Stated earlier sleazy promoter then began scrambling for a replacement to take on his golden goose. Unable to find a complete can that was sure to lose to Slice, the promoter picked Seth Petruzelli. He was only half-a-can, but a step above the janitor. What happened next was one of the greatest moments of this here human cockfighting sport.

10 seconds in:
ficRhfN.gif

Kimbo was over. The event organizer would shut down months later. Dana White emoticonned.

TONIGHT. We finally get that fight that nobody and everybody wanted to see. How this fight got sanctioned in the first place is anyone's guess. Kimbo is 30 pounds heavier, Ken came in under the heavyweight threshold, and Ken is 51 goddamn years old.

Main Card (9 PM EST on Spike TV)
Kimbo Slice vs. Ken Shamrock
Patrício Freire (c) vs. Daniel Weichel
Bobby Lashley vs. Dan Charles
Daniel Straus vs. Henry Corrales
Michael Chandler vs. Derek Campos

954.png

MjFrancis

I had a friend predict this for the main event - they will throw 65 punches in the first two minutes, 3 1/2 will connect, and last 13 minutes of the fight will be two guys struggling to breath and barely moving.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'm not prepared to watch someone die tonight. I think I'll grab a 12 pack, that should help.

Seven years ago, while himself attempting to become the first man to die in the cage, Frank said "there's no point in fighting Ken, he's finished, why beat on an old man?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom