• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bellator 149 |OT| Shamrock, Gracie, Kimbo, DADA5000 (Yes, This Is A Sanctioned Event)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
y7UL1UT.jpg

Date: February 19, 2016
Venue: Toyota Center
City: Houston, Texas

The main event and co-main event of Bellator 149 was announced on the air during Bellator 145. President Scott Coker announced the main event fight would feature trilogy bout between combat sports legends Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie. Gracie initially beat Shamrock in fifty-seven seconds via rear-naked choke at their first meeting at UFC 1 in 1993. Subsequent to that bout, the duo fought to a thirty-six minute draw at UFC 5 in 1995.

The co-main event is expected to feature a heavyweight bout between former Miami-Dade County street fighters Kevin Ferguson, aka "Kimbo Slice" and Dhafir Harris, aka "Dada 5000"

Main Card (Spike TV - 9 PM EST)
Ken Shamrock (52 fucking years old) (201.2) vs. Royce Gracie (49 years old, hasn't fought since 2007) (190.8)
BH0c4Od.png
E8lV88b.png

Kimbo Slice (232) vs. DADA 5000 (265)
UBkx5V5.png
p3YTK9V.png

Daniel Pineda (148.2) vs. Emmanuel Sanchez (149.2) [Catchweight]
Melvin Guillard (*158) vs. Derek Campos (155)
Emanuel Newton (205) vs. Linton Vassell (205.4)

Preliminary Card (Spike.com)
Justin Wren (247) vs. Juan Torres (259.8)
Richard Knepp (184.4) vs. Isaac Villanueva (185.8)
Ryan Hollis (134.8) vs. Adrian Yanez (134.6)
Anthony Ivy (154) vs. Jason Langellier (*158.4)
Jeremy Mahon (144.4) vs. Davis Sylvester (144.2)
Joe Angel Zamora (129.4) vs. Mike Trinh (128.8) [Catchweight]
Clovis Hancock (185.6) vs. Ruben Esparsa (184.2)
Jake Norsworthy (141.8) vs. Manny Lozoya (142) [Catchweight]

Betting Line
1039.png

Research Material
DADA 5000 VS DUDE
Kimbo Slice vs Afropuff & Big Mac
Kimbo Slice, Dada 5000 beef goes back to the streets
Ken Shamrock vs. Steve Blackman - Lion's Den Match

FUME5

I doubt I can find anyway to watch this over here, so I'm going to need blow by blow descriptions of the main events.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm, this is the sort of card you watch and hope no one dies in the cage.

RustyO

Wow. Mind blown. I just realised thats his hair. All this time I thought we was wearing a funny little hat, like a modern fez or something.

pixelation

Wow. Mind blown. I just realised thats his hair. All this time I thought we was wearing a funny little hat, like a modern fez or something.

lol, as did i... and Shamrock looks waaay older than 52 years old. Why is Kimbo wearing rubber on his head?

Kimbo is not a good fighter in any real sense but he should beat Harris.

I want Ken to win and please finally retire. Hoping both he and Royce make it through this OK, the risks involved at their age are high.

Chesskid1

Banned
i dont think ive ever seen shamrock fight MMA... but i remember watching him in WWE when i was a child, thought he was such a bad ass

Surge

Judging by all of the dried blood on the mat, someone(or maybe both fighters at the time) got beat down pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom