• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avowed Releases Fall 2024 - New Gameplay Revealed | Xbox Direct 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
m4L66OS.png

mow24wZ.png

Last edited:

ungalo

Reassured on the production side, especially art direction and world, the game looks fairly ambitious.

I think the segment about quests was lame but whatever. I'm not convinced yet but i'll definitely play it.

DarthPutin

Still looks like very decent VR game to me :messenger_confused: Dunno, I really like fantasy settings, choices and moral dilemmas but don't like First Person.

I was mostly enchanted by how every developer who had spoken could've been transported into the game as some fantasy character, from chick with mild version of Sanpaku eyes, to a guy with a shiny triangle dome to the guy with metrosexual Gnome beard... :messenger_expressionless:

LordCBH

Best thing they showed at the thing. Graphics aren’t great, but I love obsidian and know I’ll have fun with it.

Raven117

Could be good. Depends of Obsidian found their footing on writing or if they keep going down the "do it by committee" and make it lame.

Alebrije

Obsidian delivered an average Fallout on space Game, it seems this Will be the case to this Game...Will be compared to Elders Scrolls Sky Rim and Will fail...

The Game looks average , nothing new won't be a Game You Will remember by 2030 but also do not think Will flop,

Laptop1991

I really like The Outer Worlds, but so far there is something off about the visuals or art style of Avowed and the combat looked slow and clunky to me, reminded me of Oblivion from 2006, now this all might be improved by release but i'm not sold on the game at the minute and i love quite a few Obsidian games.

Last edited:
As much as I wish that they had gone fully realistic with the visuals I'm very happy that they tone down some of the cartoony-ness. It is kind of hilarious that it looks like a Full Sail College commercial, but I still think I'll like it

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This looks significantly better than I was expecting. I'm honestly wondering if you guys watched this on a 200p stream or on a TV. The environments look extremely good and varied. Looks like Unreal 5 photogrammetry stuff similar to Jusant in the desert rock sections. The water is definitely better than Starfield. I had very low expectations and this definitely exceeded it. Just hoping for a good story. Love the key art too, which I assume is the cover.

StereoVsn

That 21st century writing in a fantasy world. Ugh. Even worse than The Outer Worlds and Deadfire writing.

Everything else felt like a mixed bag. Sad to see where one of my favorite studios of all time are now.
Yeah, it just didn’t do anything for me. Looks pretty mediocre so far, but let’s hope for better during further info dumps.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
IMO, I suspect Avowed might suffer from the high expectations: "Next gen Skyrim" and so on. But at the same time, Obsidian might just succeed. Hard to tell.
I don't think anyone is expecting this to be the next Skyrim.

I think it looks kind of mid but given the pedigree, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Top Bottom