• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla will run at 4K 60FPS on Xbox Series X

sxodan

Ubisoft Press Release: "With the Xbox Series X | S, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will take full advantage of the enhanced graphics, giving players the opportunity to experience the open world of Norway and England down to the very last detail.
On Xbox Series X, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will run at 60 FPS in full 4K resolution,"
it's written in the announcement.

They are yet to confirm if PS5 version will also run at 4K/60 FPS.

SOURCE:

Stuart360

Gold Member
Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

I note they only say it's 60fps on Series X, not both X and S.

Might be an accidental admission, but would put paid to those saying the only difference between X and S would be resolution.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Gold Member
I note they only say it's 60fps on Series X, not both X and S.

Might be an accidental admission, but would put paid to those saying the only difference between X and S would be resolution.
Not necessarily, some devs may chose to push higher resolution on the S at 30fps, with a game that is 60fps on XSX.
I would hope they WOULDNT do that, but some devs do seem to have this idea that gamers prefer resolution over framerate.

Last edited:

Aidah

Nice, 30fps sounded disappointing for it. Still though I'm impressed at the level of performance if it's really native 4K and holds 60, sets a good general expectation, especially considering the price of the hardware.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Looks so bad I would not be shocked if it would run at 120fps. That's not againts console makers, that's againts Microsoft Ubisoft.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
I shouldn't be surprised, but with Ubisoft I am. Pleasantly surprised. I like the AC games and they are good to get at the start of a gen, lots of content.

Honestly, they better bring the same to ps5 if they know what's good for them.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
And now you know why it looks worse that origins and odissey.

Well at least it's gonna be lighter on pc too.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Gold Member
Looks so bad I would not be shocked if it would run at 120fps. That's not againts console makers, that's againts Microsoft.
I dont agree. Odyssey maxed out on PC looks amazing, and better than Horizon ZD by the way, i have not been impressed with that game. Odyssey also produced a stuttery 50-60fps at 100% usage on my 6700k. It took my new 2700X to get a locked 60fps. I actually find it quite impressive they are hitting 60fps at 4k on XSX, and i presume PS5.

Fbh

Good.
Seeing some of the recent gameplay and how it didn't look noticeably better than odyssey (if anything it actually seems to look worse) it made no sense for it not to be 60fps on next gen consoles.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I dont agree. Odyssey maxed out on PC looks amazing, and better than Horizon ZD by the way, i have not been impressed with that game. Odyssey also produced a stuttery 50-60fps at 100% usage on my 6700k. It took my new 2700X to get a locked 60fps. I actually find it quite impressive they are hitting 60fps at 4k on XSX, and i presume PS5.
But...we are talking about Valhalla, have you seen video couple of weeks before posted here, when it looked like a garbage, including animation?

Lanrutcon

So... which console version will look and play better. The one with the faster SSD or the one with more TF's?

AC is an interesting case. It's very HD heavy because of texture streaming. AC:Odd performed a shitload better once you got an SSD. Now, I firmly believe all the "SSD is maaaaagic" marketing bullshit from Sony is just that...but in AC's case it could actually matter a lot.

What happened to all the people saying it was 30 fps to downplay the Series X's power?

They weren't saying it for that reason they were saying it because Ubisoft said it was 30fps and with the way the game looked there was no reason for that, it was a complaint about Ubisoft and the effort their dev team was able to put into the game not the console.

Top Bottom