• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Opinion Analysis Assassin's Creed: Valhalla after 160+ hours. A Wonderful Journey!

Did you love Assassin's Creed Valhalla?

• Total voters

Mahavastu

Aug 17, 2020
Audio is fine for me but this game is crashing a lot. I usually play for three-five hours later in the evening and I usually get two crashes in that timeframe.

Is this a known issue?
I heard it had some problems at release but most of them were fixed even before the PS5 was launched here in Europe middle of november.
It is really stable, can't remember any hard crashes, so maybe it crashed once or twice. As I said, I played on PS5

The only thing I might complain about is the draw distance. If you look you can see that the beautiful flowers are not that far in the distance and pop in if you come closer.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

TheMan

Jul 31, 2006
I think they went to far with restricting loot. I get what they’re going for I suppose, but after a boss battle or hard fought raid I want cool new gear, not upgrade materials

Climbing/parkour and movement in general feels janky too

D.Final

Banned
Oct 18, 2018
I think they went to far with restricting loot. I get what they’re going for I suppose, but after a boss battle or hard fought raid I want cool new gear, not upgrade materials

Yeah
They should do something else for them

Bo_Hazem

Gold Dealer
Feb 10, 2020
Salalah, Oman

Resources are the biggest problem in the game with unrealistic upgrade requirements. It feels like you're building a ship instead of a mild tune for your gear. It should be nerfed to realistic numbers as I've grinded the hell out of it and the game is 100% finished with all the loot and still have like 40-50% of the gear fully upgraded.

Redlight

Feb 5, 2014
I'm 150 hours or so into this and it's been great on the whole. It's a beautiful game graphically and I thought the 'mystery' markers were a really good way to handle side-quests. It represents enormous value if you're into AC games.

Not a big fan of some of the other side content, 'anomalies', 'orlog', 'cairns' and that fucking drinking game can die in a ditch. :) Your trusty eagle (raven in this case) has been nerfed a little too much and isn't nearly as useful as it used to be. They're pretty much the only negatives I can point out, and, I still did all of the side stuff and collectibles (except that fucking drinking game).

I've hit some bad save issues though, lost a couple of hours of progress three times in total, despite being obsessive about manual saves after the first time. I got to a part of the game that really felt like the end, hit a glitch, had to reload and, bang, two hours or so of progress gone, the manual saves I made? Also gone.

Spat the dummy and will finish Medium, and maybe Legion, and wait for a patch or two before I go back to finish it off.

Despite that, I would highly recommend it to anyone sitting on the fence.

• Fire

Agent_Nobody

Dec 7, 2020
The only thing putting me off from playing is the horrible headset audio.

I’m not noticing anything too off in terms of audio, with the exception of whistling NPCs being waaaaaay too loud in the mix. I remember Origins having teeth gratingly bad audio quality, but I’m not getting anything like that in this game.