• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Mirage rated 'AO' due to containing 'real gambling'

I think I speak on behalf of every one on this forum when I say:
Oh Hell No Reaction GIF

hemo memo

Gold Member
Wait what?? I thought platform holders never sell AO games on their stores? Are Ubisoft planning to change things to receive a lower rating or they got some kind of deal with platform holders to sell the game on their stores even though it is AO? I mean Nintendo would never allow the game on their platform that’s for sure.

I actually don't have a problem with this if what Ubi showed the ESRB contained something particularly egregious with its monetization. The entire point of the ESRB is to keep the government's nose out of the gaming business, so it was probably bad considering what's currently kosher.

Tommi84

So can't you just, you know, choose not to do it.

But I get it, some people love to be dramatic.
The problem with those 'surprise mechanics' is that the game may be developed around them and creates 'incentives' to purchase them rather than have a fair progression system.

lukilladog

Ubisoft just threw the kids that wanted to play AC under the bus, they really don´t care.

Last edited:

radewagon

Good on the ESRB. I really hope they stick to their guns with this AO rating. You want to exploit people, cut out the middle man and be honest about it like Konami by releasing some slot machines.

Cyberpunkd

They'll just be behind the counter with the beer and cigs an you'll have to flash an ID to get them.

Or Ubisoft will tone down the gambling just enough for an M.
I am sure Ubisoft will shit themselves if people will require ID to buy a game. All predatory monetisation always exploits mostly teenagers.

Fbh

"Going back to basics" = slightly more stealth focused, setting that reminds of Ac1, and the rest is same ol' modern Ubi crap.

We will see if the stores will uphold their own policies to never carry AO titles.

Get ready for a statement saying they'll now allow select AO titles that "don't go against the values of our platform" or something like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom