• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core V: Verdict Day- Anyone getting it tomorrow? Anyone even know it exists?

OatmealMu

We were brutalized during both team battles. I think during the second battle, though, we were facing a player controlling AI. The first player was Leon something-something. The other players were MASTER01, MASTER02 and MASTER03. I was actually having decent game against a suspiciously easy opponent before what I assume was an actual human came along and wrecked my shit.

Akainu

I don't know. I only played he first game and liked it. But I look at videos of this and it looks unappealing.

Dizzy-4U

n6RvubQ.png

I supposedly have some missiles on my shoulders. No idea how to fire them.

Really liking it though, I love how the mech moves.

KDR_11k

n6RvubQ.png

I supposedly have some missiles on my shoulders. No idea how to fire them.

Really liking it though, I love how the mech moves.

If it's a shoulder weapon it's R1, if it's a weapon arm then you need to hit triangle and a fire button to switch to it. Most missiles can only launch once you have a lock though.

Dizzy-4U

If it's a shoulder weapon it's R1, if it's a weapon arm then you need to hit triangle and a fire button to switch to it. Most missiles can only launch once you have a lock though.
Oh figures, the only button that wasn't doing anything. Thanks.

KDR_11k

Online missions sometimes contain loot crates, especially when there are no human opponents on the map. These can give you items that would require a very high rank to purchase. Though generally it's a good idea to get your player rank up to buy more items. They abolished the first gen vs second gen stuff in Verdict Day so you aren't stuck with inferior parts in your store for about half the ranks but more variety means more options and likely more suitable parts for your build.

EDIT: I switched from ESWAT to NeoGAF now.

EDIT2: Man, I'm a bit rusty. The two PVP fights I had were ended by my UNAC with me dead before then. Also good job to 08. I've got the number 17, by the way.

If anyone's wondering, you can spectate the match after you're dead by hitting select and choosing "change camera". Much better than that silly infantry mode you get normally, especially when you've got a custom UNAC and want to look for behavior problems.

Modifying the UNAC AI is way more complex than it has to be. -_- At least they have the simulation animations to help. Still, I think I'll stick with the rental UNACs for now.

jorgeton

I would be down to join a 3rd GAF team over the weekend if it materializes. Picked this up last night. For $5 how could I not? Big fan of 4Answer and am looking forward to diving in.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I searched up neogaf and only found one that had 20 players.

That's the second team. The first is called ESWAT.

EDIT: Oh by the way Oatmeal/Femmeworth/RoeBear, I found out what the deal was with that S rank team that wiped the floor with us. Sometimes the game will form up a Reaper Squad unit comprised entirely of A to S ranked mercenaries who are looking for a match and throw them up against another team. Unfortunately for us, at that moment we just happened to be the opposing team. :lol

Vashzaron

Oh alright I'm in the ESWAT team now as the last member so both teams are now full.

No one online in this one right now. ;(

I don't know if I am going to participate much online, so I might give up my position. Is everyone in NeoGAF actually a member here? Might be time to start booting people.
EDIT: Oh by the way Oatmeal/Femmeworth/RoeBear, I found out what the deal was with that S rank team that wiped the floor with us. Sometimes the game will form up a Reaper Squad unit comprised entirely of A to S ranked mercenaries who are looking for a match and throw them up against another team. Unfortunately for us, at that moment we just happened to be the opposing team. :lol
Huh. It fits the narrative and lets experienced players wreck a bunch of newbies.

Eusis

I don't know if I am going to participate much online, so I might give up my position. Is everyone in NeoGAF actually a member here? Might be time to start booting people.

Huh. It fits the narrative and lets experienced players wreck a bunch of newbies.
Yeah, might want to start listing PSN names. And after a week figure out which of is/isn't playing still.

OatmealMu

It's already full? I was hoping we could fit more members considering players can set their ID from 1-99. Too bad. I don't want to delete people mere days after forming the team, but it looks like I'll have to.

For the sake of convenience, I declined putting limitations on joining the team. Unfortunately, that may have allowed non-members to join our ranks. With that in mind, I created a list of people currently on the team. If you see your PSN ID on the list, add your NeoGAF name below it:

PSN: OatmealMu
NeoGAF: OatmealMu

PSN: JDLars1
NeoGAF:

PSN: ninj4junp31
NeoGAF:

PSN: Hyper_Sonic618
NeoGAF:

PSN: Kail_Ashton
NeoGAF:

PSN: Eusis
NeoGAF:

PSN: SeraphisCain
NeoGAF:

PSN: R_Signal
NeoGAF:

PSN: LeonSPBR
NeoGAF:

PSN: Roe-Bear
NeoGAF:

PSN: AJQureshi
NeoGAF:

PSN: Rotreem
NeoGAF:

PSN: Valkerion7
NeoGAF:

PSN: Tolin19
NeoGAF:

PSN: f1nalhour
NeoGAF:

PSN: Dizzy-4U
NeoGAF:

PSN: Warablo
NeoGAF:

PSN: KDR_11k
NeoGAF:

PSN: mcz2345
NeoGAF:

PSN: MrSaturnDAKOTA
NeoGAF:

KDR_11k

Kinda obvious who I am on that list.

AFAIK Reapers are always a tough fight. You can encounter them at any rank so it's not just a newbie stomp thing, it's more of a "give work to mercs when nobody's recruiting" thing.

Eusis

Kinda obvious who I am on that list.
Ditto.

Probably worth also just starting a new group admittedly, had I delayed it'd be New Sun but probably a proper NeoGaf 2 (3 technically) would probably be better. 20 IS a tight limit, and if the sale brough tin enough people there's no point in deleting people.

Warablo

Updated list so far.

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF: Eusis

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF: Warablo

NeoGAF: KDR_11k

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

OatmealMu

So far...

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF: Eusis

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF: RoeBear

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF: Warablo

NeoGAF: KDR_11k

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

MogCakes

So far I haven't found the single player campaign to be all that enjoyable. I recall having a better time with For Answer.

V and Verdict Day both focus primarily on MP or Co-op, features which I feel should be supplementary rather than the main attraction. The series has always had SP as the main draw aside from the mech building and the newfound online focus has pretty much undermined the single player aspect. Verdict Day has a bolstered SP campaign but it's still not up to what the previous entries offer.

KDR_11k

Yeah, it's much better than 5 but forAnswer had Arms Forts and such, while there is an AF in ACVD it's basically a raid boss.

Updated list so far.

How about for those who wants to join?

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

NeoGAF:

PSN: itzknickknac
NeoGAF: itzknickknac

I haven't dl'd the game yet though

Tayaya

I picked this up on Tuesday as part of the GW sale. It's.... still downloading. Between my Comcast being screwy (something I've been battling them for over a month regardgin) and the sheer volume of games I had yet to download from PS+, the $1 sale, and the GW sale, it's just been a nightmare to get my download queue cleared.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's a little disappointing that there's frequently not much to do in the game besides story missions (which are great, mind you, but sometimes I want to do something else). It's like, say I want to do a World Mission. Well, I'm the only GAFfer online. I try to hire a merc, and there's none available (???). So then it'd basically just be me and a UNAC up against whatever random mission we get thrown into. If it's one of the easy "destroy the defenses" maps with no human opponents, that's fine. But if we get matched against a human team, it's basically game over. So I try to register as a merc, and I just sit around forever waiting and never get picked up for a mission.

Bah.

KDR_11k

I fought many a match against human players with only UNACs by my side. Got ESWAT to D rank that way. There was a phase after launch where you couldn't get a single easy loot mission to get some easy wins because so many people were on.

EDIT: Sigh, I hate it when matches ensd with one team hiding because that advantage bar thing makes them win on a timeout. What the F decides on that anyway?

Also I hate it when my faction is defending some awful map like this sandstorm.

Vashzaron

So is the ESWAT team dead or something? Didn't see anyone yesterday the whole time I was playing for hours and neither today. Meanwhile on the world map I just saw a NeoGAF team emblem getting a win.

Plus got up the Special Sortie bar to max and can't even use it cause Trial Member.

Edit: Proud of myself to say I beat 3 human players with just me and my UNAC haha, why throw people in matches that have unbalanced numbers anyway though? Would rather take a PVE match than potentially getting thrown in for worse odds.

Eusis

It's a little disappointing that there's frequently not much to do in the game besides story missions (which are great, mind you, but sometimes I want to do something else). It's like, say I want to do a World Mission. Well, I'm the only GAFfer online. I try to hire a merc, and there's none available (???). So then it'd basically just be me and a UNAC up against whatever random mission we get thrown into. If it's one of the easy "destroy the defenses" maps with no human opponents, that's fine. But if we get matched against a human team, it's basically game over. So I try to register as a merc, and I just sit around forever waiting and never get picked up for a mission.

Bah.
I feel like From had some great ideas that would've been great on a more successful game, but as a niche game it NEEDED a stronger SP focus. Or at least a good marketing effort to get people to care and maybe a secure PC version.

KDR_11k

I don't think I've ever seen another ESWAT member online even at the peak of the game's activity, that's kinda why I went over to NeoGAF.

Edit: Proud of myself to say I beat 3 human players with just me and my UNAC haha, why throw people in matches that have unbalanced numbers anyway though? Would rather take a PVE match than potentially getting thrown in for worse odds.

Wait, are you not filling all three UNAC slots?

Takuan

How's the frame rate in this? I am intrigued and intimidated at the same time, but for $5 I figure it's worth checking out.

Vashzaron

I don't think I've ever seen another ESWAT member online even at the peak of the game's activity, that's kinda why I went over to NeoGAF.

Wait, are you not filling all three UNAC slots?

I felt it was doing me worse bringing in the prebuilt UNACs for the PVE missions, so far havent failed any PVE missions with me and my UNAC except hacking until I changed my head part to that Wall-e looking one for those, but sure if I'm going to get outnumbered in PVP I would rather have them than nothing since expenses are paid.

I also tried being a mercenary more today and did I find the funniest guy on my team, start of the mission he charge attacks into me as a tank on my LBP, "hilarious."

Anyway since I don't see a 3rd NeoGAF team up, anyone mind if I make it then? NeoGAF 3 / NeoGAF Squad 3 or a better name?

How's the frame rate in this? I am intrigued and intimidated at the same time, but for $5 I figure it's worth checking out.

Frame rate is better then what experienced in V. There is a ton of depth in building your mech and such. It's worth it even if your only doing the story missions which can all be done on coop.

KDR_11k

Yeah, I've seen troll mercs before, fortunately on the other team.

I always bring a full complement of UNACs, on easy missions they're a bit of a money waster (not too much because they'll usually not get shot up that badly) but as long as you grab those sub objective crates you should come out ahead. Be careful with those special missions though, those are extremely hard (either VS a team plus stationary defenses or a raid boss, last one I fought were four Lotus units with 300k HP each, barely even scratched them before we wiped) and you don't get your expenses paid so a full UNAC team can cost you 700k easily.

Takuan

Frame rate is better then what experienced in V. There is a ton of depth in building your mech and such. It's worth it even if your only doing the story missions which can all be done on coop.

V was pretty bad from what I'm reading, though. Is Verdict 30 fps most of the time, or does it frequently drop to the low 20s?

Vashzaron

Ok I made the new team "NeoGAF Squad 3" for people who want to join but couldn't due to full teams. Password is "0777"

Yeah, I've seen troll mercs before, fortunately on the other team.

I always bring a full complement of UNACs, on easy missions they're a bit of a money waster (not too much because they'll usually not get shot up that badly) but as long as you grab those sub objective crates you should come out ahead. Be careful with those special missions though, those are extremely hard (either VS a team plus stationary defenses or a raid boss, last one I fought were four Lotus units with 300k HP each, barely even scratched them before we wiped) and you don't get your expenses paid so a full UNAC team can cost you 700k easily.

Yeah I know how hard the Special Sorties can be, I was hired as a merc for that one with the red
NEXT
lasted a bit but wiped badly.

I am Tolin19, but I am switching over to squad 3

Edit: okay after getting beat by that jigglypuff dude I am going to actually customize my AC

Top Bottom