• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core V: Verdict Day- Anyone getting it tomorrow? Anyone even know it exists?

It's varied online but uhh, hmm. I would say my current build is more mobile. There are things you can put on your AC that makes it even harder for enemies to lock on

Eusis

I definitely need to figure out how to get past the first legit challenging 1 star (or was it 2 star?) mission. The first after fighting
the dumb motherfucker who didn't figure out why we moved from swords to guns.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm almost done with the campaign so I should pop back online in a day or so.

I have mostly played with a mobile build and I agree that it doesn't seem all that beneficial. I think the problem is the AI has too much of an advantage when it comes to locking on. I can try to glide away and they still hit me.

On my current 'more mobile' setup, my AP drops to almost half of what it was when using the bi-L legs and I'm not dying so I can tell the movement increase / boosting around more quickly is helping me avoid getting hit, just wondering if it's worth the effort in SP when I could just double my AP and try to out-DPS things ._.

Vashzaron

Don't just think about AP when trying to be "Tanky," defense stats matter a ton.

I definitely need to figure out how to get past the first legit challenging 1 star (or was it 2 star?) mission. The first after fighting
the dumb motherfucker who didn't figure out why we moved from swords to guns.

The people online I one shot with a certain HEAT Pile weapon won't agree with dat.

LeonSPBR

Anyone here have won a special sortie?

Those mission are pratically impossible, I mean I fought 4 enemies with 300K AP and they did a lot of damage if you stayed still for a second.

Vashzaron

Wow was I so dumb haha, kept using vertical missiles in that closed up map and kept hitting myself. I love that map for melee though.

Anyone here have won a special sortie?

Those mission are pratically impossible, I mean I fought 4 enemies with 300K AP and they did a lot of damage if you stayed still for a second.

I know for these it's recommend everyone be in a Tank leg AC with very high defences (TE?) and AP. VS the
NEXTs
use KE weapons.

Wow was I so dumb haha, kept using vertical missiles in that closed up map and kept hitting myself. I love that map for melee though.

I know for these it's recommend everyone be in a Tank leg AC with very high defences (TE?) and AP. VS the
NEXTs
use KE weapons.
Yeah, I was using an AC I wanted to experiment with. Actually forgot to switch on the next match too

Vashzaron

I'm only using reversejoint heavy right now because it's the last leg type for me to get the gold medal with for normal sorties. I prefer lighter and faster ACs.

(If only I could be as fast as AC4A!!)

Vashzaron

I swear UNACs targeting boxes was done on purpose so you would want people over them even though they can be programmed to be awesome otherwise.

But you didn't use it as your sole weapon while brainlessly chasing people around a field, or so I'd assume.

That's what it feels like I'm doing if the map is 90% water.

Wolff

Saw some pvp video someone posted on the project beast thread and it looked really interesting, but i never played any of the games before.

Can someone give me a basic idea of what's all about and where to start? Should i get the V: Verdict day?

I wish there was a way to map both left and right attack to the same button. Circling an enemy while holding down two buttons and operating two analog sticks is a bit much. Trying to dodge while doing that is even harder.

OatmealMu

Someone tell me if I'm seeing things:

I'd originally specced my UNAC as a close-to-medium ranged fighter. I designed him to mimic the AI I hate fighting most: the kind that are always moving. He works well enough, but sic him against a defense-oriented enemy and things fall apart.

With that in mind, I decided to create a sniper cannon UNAC: something that pops a tent at the rear of a battlefield and unleashes long-range havoc. After a little reading I decided on tank legs. From what I understand, tank legs are the only type that can use ready position weapons while on the move. Awesome, right? I did some testing with this set-up and I'm not impressed. Accuracy was abysmal. With quad legs, the first test battle lasted seconds. But with tank legs? Awful.

I recently upgraded my quad UNAC with parts to improve accuracy, so I'm going to give the tank legs another go. Still, the accuracy shouldn't be that much worse versus quad legs. What am I doing wrong?

I'll try and enlist into Squad 3 sometime next day, if there's still space of course.

Though I'm a complete noob in AC, I've only played the Japanese demo before ACV was out. I loved that demo a lot.
I just need to get my head around all those stats and actually read about AC-building.

edit: done
User Name: InternHertz
PSN: InternHertz

Vashzaron

Hahaha, that was badass.

Totally forgot about Quads though, need to gold that one too.

@ OatmealMu you are better off asking places like armoredcorelegacy about stuff like that. Though quad legs have inherit "Improved Stability/Firing performance in ready position"

Tapejara

Any tips for the singleplayer? I get destroyed anytime I attempt something other than the first mission.

Also, did we set a time/day when Squad 3 gets together and plays?

I'm doing a mission where an annoying AC hovers over me, out of my line of sight, and straight wrecks my sh**

Any tips on how I can jump higher, or hover higher?

Even when I boost up to the highest building, he hovers higher than me

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm doing a mission where an annoying AC hovers over me, out of my line of sight, and straight wrecks my sh**

I get the feeling you're talking about 6-1. Is this right?

OatmealMu

Finally beat Mission 10 after a bit of reading. It was so easy, though, that it doesn't seem like I earned the win. Anyway, now that the singleplayer campaign is over I can say with utmost certainty that the story sucked. The writing was bad and the voice acting was bad. The story segments were blissfully short, although some of them can't be skipped. From must've wanted players to savor the awkward pauses and intonation.

Have a nice war.

Finally beat Mission 10 after a bit of reading. It was so easy, though, that it doesn't seem like I earned the win. Anyway, now that the singleplayer campaign is over I can say with utmost certainty that the story sucked. The writing was bad and the voice acting was bad. The story segments were blissfully short, although some of them can't be skipped. From must've wanted players to savor the awkward pauses and intonation.

Have a nice war.
Yeah, it's really bad. One has to wonder why they even bother wasting what little resources they put towards it.

KDR_11k

Reverse jointed legs jump higher, different boosters also have different jump heights. Alternatively get a light biped and simply move horizontally to get him back into your firing arc.

Someone tell me if I'm seeing things:

I'd originally specced my UNAC as a close-to-medium ranged fighter. I designed him to mimic the AI I hate fighting most: the kind that are always moving. He works well enough, but sic him against a defense-oriented enemy and things fall apart.

With that in mind, I decided to create a sniper cannon UNAC: something that pops a tent at the rear of a battlefield and unleashes long-range havoc. After a little reading I decided on tank legs. From what I understand, tank legs are the only type that can use ready position weapons while on the move. Awesome, right? I did some testing with this set-up and I'm not impressed. Accuracy was abysmal. With quad legs, the first test battle lasted seconds. But with tank legs? Awful.

I recently upgraded my quad UNAC with parts to improve accuracy, so I'm going to give the tank legs another go. Still, the accuracy shouldn't be that much worse versus quad legs. What am I doing wrong?

No ready stance also means no zoom, sniper cannons do not react to the lock-on and the UNAC does not snap instantly to the target. Wouldn't surprise me if it simply hadn't lined up the shot properly before pulling the trigger. What does it look like when viewed in the test mode, does it fire without the crosshairs perfectly on the target? There's also that accuracy stat that determines how centered it wants the crosshairs to be before shooting, again wouldn't surprise me if that translated to a wider angle in an unzoomed view. AFAIK sniper cannons are pretty much 100% accurate all the time, the hard part is aiming it.

Also if you want a sniper cannon that can be fired without ready stance I'd recommend using the weapon arms, those can be mounted even on a light frame and still be used on the move.

Vashzaron

lol somehow my UNAC went outside the map in that one tunnel map in PVP, like just simply went through the wall then came back later like phasing through walls was normal.

Ha ha, this thread still lives, I ended up trading in the game for what ended up being subway sammich money at gamestop. ^__^

I'll probably cop it again to actually finish it, hit a brick wall and lost all desire to fail over and over again, i mean play.

Glad others are enjoying it though.

Vashzaron

Do we have a list of whos on squad 3 and play times so we can coordinate some battles?

I didn't make any list and I personally just play whenever, so far playing 5+ hours almost every day. (Woo free time.) The activity of the team isn't looking good from what I've seen, sad to say I pretty much rose the team rank to B with Mercs and UNACs.

Doing some coordinated special sorties would be nice.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ha ha, this thread still lives, I ended up trading in the game for what ended up being subway sammich money at gamestop. ^__^

I'll probably cop it again to actually finish it, hit a brick wall and lost all desire to fail over and over again, i mean play.

Glad others are enjoying it though.

You just should have got the DL ver from PSN with the sale that was going on as it was like 5 bucks I think

Jrs3000

I didn't make any list and I personally just play whenever, so far playing 5+ hours almost every day. (Woo free time.) The activity of the team isn't looking good from what I've seen, sad to say I pretty much rose the team rank to B with Mercs and UNACs.

Doing some coordinated special sorties would be nice.

I did a match or 2 with you. I'm still going through the story so my ACs are on the weak side until I get the parts for my designs I want. I'm jrs300.

Vashzaron

Oh yeah reminds me, if anyone here hasn't already download the free modellers pack DLC for Armored core V (not verdict day) it works on Verdict day and gives you like 400 parts which are "high detail" battle worn, functions the same as their normal variant, except especially useful for newbies as you don't have to pay / unlock 'em thus already getting a good selection off the start instead of junk parts.

It also gives a lot of other stuff like emblems, workshops and after death appearance soldiers. (...Which the leader sets for the team, if anyone on Squad 3 has died and wondered why they turned into a tiny Noblesse Oblige from AC4A.)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh yeah reminds me, if anyone here hasn't already download the free modellers pack DLC for Armored core V (not verdict day) it works on Verdict day and gives you like 400 parts which are "high detail" battle worn, functions the same as their normal variant, except especially useful for newbies as you don't have to pay / unlock 'em thus already getting a good selection off the start instead of junk parts.

It also gives a lot of other stuff like emblems, workshops and after death appearance soldiers. (...Which the leader sets for the team, if anyone on Squad 3 has died and wondered why they turned into a tiny Noblesse Oblige from AC4A.)

Are you sure about this? The Modeler's Compatibility Pack is free, but the Modeler's Pack itself is $9.99.

Coxy

Finally just finished my platinum on vanilla AC5, looking forward to seeing some of you on the battlefield

KDR_11k

A tank with dual lascannons is fun, blasting a guy with a near unavoidable blast and dishing out over 10000 damage is satisfying. Of course it means you're screwed against high TE defense enemies (even with your damage value exceeding 2x the TE def of the enemy it still only does chip damage, the def formula isn't simply "which is higher"), I'm carrying a sniper cannon arm to annoy tanks (even the occasional hit will still do 7k damage) while others do the real damage. And of course it means piloting a tank which sucks in general because you're prone to being overrun or cheesed late-game by enemies hiding where you can't get to.

Fehyd

Banned
I unabashedly suck at this game. I don't like the squad structure so much since it just devolves into a game of rock paper scissors. I miss AC4.

KDR_11k

I unabashedly suck at this game. I don't like the squad structure so much since it just devolves into a game of rock paper scissors. I miss AC4.

More like a game of combined arms. If it was all 1v1 it'd be rock paper scissors but in a team scenario it's a matter of getting a good team compo and using that.

Fehyd

Banned
More like a game of combined arms. If it was all 1v1 it'd be rock paper scissors but in a team scenario it's a matter of getting a good team compo and using that.

Well, 1v1 wouldn't be so bad if there weren't such hard counters to certain damage types. Its also a primary problem with the game design. The only way you can be effective is if you have a team, and that means that you're depending on having what basically amounts to a static group.

The inability to boost upwards is pretty infuriating as well. I know you call wall-jump, but its such a pain if a target is non stationary, like a turret. and you need to melee it.

I joined Squad 3,

PSN SnakeCL, name is the same as here.

Coxy

ACJ5fuC.jpg

FINALLY figured out how to get the screenshots out

Tapejara

I need to dig into this game more. Part of Squad 3, but haven't played in a week or so. If any game ever needed a manual, it's certainly this one.

KDR_11k

Looking closer, is that dual minigunner a heavy biped with dual Moonlights? That's a crazy build.

I need to dig into this game more. Part of Squad 3, but haven't played in a week or so. If any game ever needed a manual, it's certainly this one.

The manual sucks, the in-game descriptions are more detailed than it. From Software just doesn't seem to like documenting stuff.

Top Bottom