• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkane and Spencer promised Redfall will be their most supported game post-launch, 3 months later Redfall no updates, users are angry for being lied

Varteras

Gold Member
The two hints that this scenario was never going to play out were that Phil Spencer said something and that the studio didn't want to work on the game in the first place.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Because you can't sell something and lie about your product and no expect pushback. The game is shit. Fine. The game should have been delayed/ cancelled then. But it was not. They promised things and have to give what they have promised. It should be that simple. We are not talking about making Redfall the next No man sky redemption story. But to give what had been promised. A 60 fps patch that should have been there day one. And the exclusive content that the collector edition promised too. Yes, Arkane is loosing time fixing this game instead of working on the next one. But they have to. Did you really have that same opinion at or around launch of the game? That they should not patch the game and lie to their clients ?

You feel entitled to these things.

I’d refund collector edition buyers.

Tell you tough tits on 60fps.

Move on. Simple solution ? Don’t buy Arkane products. Deathloop should’ve been a big red flag for most. The previews even more. The reviews 200% more flags.

Yet people buy it. A fool and his money.

These companies don’t owe you shit and you don’t owe them shit. Move on, don’t buy their games, let them die. Is the world somehow worse off because you didn’t get RedFall 60fps ? Worse off without Arkane ?

No .

Let it die.

Sorcerer

From what I understand, the dev's wanted game cancelled before it even came out. Even they had no hope for the game. Seems like they were forced to make something they did not want to. Game should have never come out in the first place.

admins GIF
Sorry Comedy Central GIF by South Park

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
These companies don’t owe you shit
They do. Remember Fallout 76? Under threat of lawsuits Bethesda stopped some of their bullshit and gave among other things the bags that they promised. But at this point it may get political so I will stop. Thanks for the answer.

Skifi28

Why? How? Shit games existed before GamePass, shit games still exist.
I'm talking about the "it's free whatever" mentality. Shit games have always existed, but publishers and developers were still held accountable and therefore had every reason to want not to release shit games. Nowadays If nobody cares because it's "free" (it's not, you are paying for it) then those making them will also stop caring. I for one don't want console/PC gaming to become yet another mobile market.

Last edited:

Hudo

How about Microsoft just not buy anymore publishers, devs or IPs?
If no one else is making a new Dark Messiah...

I mean, Microsoft did pretty good with resurrecting Age of Empires and Flight Simulator. Now with Blizzard in their fold, maybe we can get a proper remake of WarCraft 3 instead of the piece of garbage that Blizzard shat out. Or at least the ability to play classic WarCraft 3 on Battle.net again.

Havoc2049

Why are people so hell bent to wanting developers to “stick to their word” in a scenario like this ?

The game giga tanked and is base level dog shit. This isn’t a game that needs patches and updates to be better/become good. It’s fundamentally horrendous. It would be to be remade ground up.

If you bought this you deserve it. We live in a day and age where you can get information on a game being shit before release or before purchase without issue.

Let the fucking thing die and let Arkane work on dishonored 3 to recoup.
Because money has changed hands and they have not delivered what they said they would deliver. They sold a deluxe edition for extra money and they have yet to make the deluxe edition content available.

I'm talking about the "it's free whatever" mentality. Shit games have always existed, but publishers and developers were still held accountable and therefore had every reason to want not to release shit games. Nowadays If nobody cares because it's "free" (it's not, you are paying for it) then those making them will also stop caring. I for one don't want console/PC gaming to become yet another mobile market.

Developers are still held accountable and still have motivation to release good games and that won’t change going forward. Even in GamePass every game is available outside of the service.

nemiroff

Gold Member
No wonder.. I mean, I'm not sure it's possible to right this one. Premise good, execution clumsy and puddle deep. The graphics engine is a complete trainwreck for an open world-like scale like this. With that said, me and my son had some moments of fun in this game, but, yeah..

Last edited:
You feel entitled to these things.

I’d refund collector edition buyers.

Tell you tough tits on 60fps.

Move on. Simple solution ? Don’t buy Arkane products. Deathloop should’ve been a big red flag for most. The previews even more. The reviews 200% more flags.

Yet people buy it. A fool and his money.

These companies don’t owe you shit and you don’t owe them shit. Move on, don’t buy their games, let them die. Is the world somehow worse off because you didn’t get RedFall 60fps ? Worse off without Arkane ?

No .

Let it die.
Let it die? So you think people should just forget about this? Should people just forget about Halo Infinite too? Why would I blame only Arkane in this? They are not a separate entity, They are now apart of the whole Xbox line up. Everyone involved needs to be held accountable for the quality. Why should anybody trust that MS will stick to their word? They have failed over and over again to make good on their promises.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Let it die? So you think people should just forget about this? Should people just forget about Halo Infinite too? Why would I blame only Arkane in this? They are not a separate entity, They are now apart of the whole Xbox line up. Everyone involved needs to be held accountable for the quality. Why should anybody trust that MS will stick to their word? They have failed over and over again to make good on their promises.
The answer and solution is simple : don’t buy shit from Xbox.

Or be a smart consumer —- stop impulse buying and pre ordering. YOU have no one to blame but yourself.

If the developers and publishers give a shit they’ll fix the game. If not, there’s 50000000000 other things to play. No one is forcing you to play empty promises games from Phil and crew.

Gamepass is the max I give Xbox any money. Modern day blockbuster to try out their whole catalog and more, and not feel bad when I get to play RedFall . Feel great when I get a game like hi fi rush.

Hold them accountable ? Lmao please. Who the fuck do gamers think they are? These companies do not give a fuck about you.

Gamers forget quick AKA see Blizzard . People bought D4 in droves. Keep buying WoW expansions.

We are powerless because idiots will keep giving them $. Then complain on Reddit, gaf , elsewhere like it matters. They got your money—- onto the next one.

So yes, let it die. Waste of everyone’s time to give this game anymore though or energy , or any future Arkane product .

Zuzu

Did the 60fps patch drop?

Don’t think so. It might be hard to get this locked to 60fps. I just watched a video of it running on a ryzen 3600 and it was dropping into the 40s. Maybe they’ll have to settle for a shaky 60fps mode.

I'm not gonna call them on this one. There is no reason to support this game further. It would just be a waste of resources. It never should have released.

Fox Mulder

Pay $15 per month, and then it's free.

Pay $70, and the game is free.

I got my PS5 for free*

*after paying $499.

You pay for gamepass for the tons of games and new first party exclusives. Who gives a shit if the occasional game sucks ass. I was never going to pay $70 for Redfall. It costs nothing on a service I happily already subscribe to. People pay for Netflix and Disney+ and some shows or movies blow while there’s tons of other good stuff.

Last edited:
Phil never said what the topic title is, Arkane did. The title is a blatant lie and I'm surprised it has been allowed to stay so long.

And even then, Arkane has been supporting the game post launch. One gargantuan patch in June and a smaller patch last month. So even the idea that Arkane lied is a crock of shit.

The game is really bad and needs a lot of work but let’s not pretend like they aren’t trying.

tryDEATH

You either commit to fixing this thing like FF14 or you just STFU and move on, because this game was a colossal failure. The game should have been shelved or indefinitely delayed as it turned into a PR disaster not only for MS, but also a very good studio with an excellent reputation.

Also a refund is due to the people that bought any versions that included DLC.

Topher

Gold Member
Phil never said what the topic title is, Arkane did. The title is a blatant lie and I'm surprised it has been allowed to stay so long.

Ok so Arkane said it. So what? Arkane is lead by Microsoft’s Phil Spencer. The title is not a blatant lie and you know it.

The game still does not have 60fps and you are seriously complaining about the title?

GHG

And even then, Arkane has been supporting the game post launch. One gargantuan patch in June and a smaller patch last month. So even the idea that Arkane lied is a crock of shit.

The game is really bad and needs a lot of work but let’s not pretend like they aren’t trying.

Man, you guys really get what you deserve.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Man, you guys really get what you deserve.

Plot Twist: Phil Spencer intentionally released Redfall in the state it was and failed to provide post-sales support so future below-par games are considered good because "at least it's not like Redfall." /s

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
The quote " I love Xbox and Phil Spencer" there lies the problem.

The fan base is full of deluded clowns and unpaid shills who love a CEO who for years and years has lied, sold dreams, underdelivered and couldn't get games out the door, all while crying about hard it is.

He's back to being the hero after getting out daddy's credit card and buying half the industry. To deliver the same 3rs party games Xbox were already getting.
Yes! But have you heard about gamepass ??? 😍

geary

I’m trying to find the rage thread for Square Enix/ Platinium Games - Babylon Fall. I hope you are so adamanat against Platinium Games and dont by games from them as you are for Arkane.

For what is worth, as well for EA and Bioware for Anthem….I hope you dont buy DA4

Last edited:

BossLackey

Gold Member
Why would anyone have bought this game anyway!?

If you're stupid enough to buy it after the insanely poor word of mouth and press, then you're stupid enough to believe that a company willing to produce and charge for a product this poor would "make good" on it.

Shubh_C63

Would had some respect if they had taken the BIG L and said we won't continue support which would had became the headlines.

Now they silently stop the support and nobody will be the wiser.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Plot Twist: Phil Spencer intentionally released Redfall in the state it was and failed to provide post-sales support so future below-par games are considered good because "at least it's not like Redfall." /s

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Reaction GIF
These people were already conditioned with Halo Infinite's 10 year plan.

I’m trying to find the rage thread for Square Enix/ Platinium Games - Babylon Fall. I hope you are so adamanat against Platinium Games and dont by games from them as you are for Arkane.
Smoothbrain

Top Bottom