• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Sully (Uncharted) PS5 Leak

Ozrimandias

"Could be a real thing" I thought until I see the sentence "I work for Sucker Punch"......

But I think is great if turns out to be true..... I'm ready for more uncharted, and I'm ready if it is with Sully

(Lost Legacy was great IMO)

I think it will work.
Change the tone a bit, make it Sully, don't bring Drake in at all.
Make him a 'real man' and less PC to balance the culture war and make Naughty Dog appear well rounded and not deliberately triggering Civil War between Iron Man and Captain America. ;)

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Something wrong?

Isn't Sony's claim to fame there long 3d person narrative driven games? 2 spin off short ones already doesn't seem so great. PS5 wouldn't want to been seen as a system putting out lesser games then the PS4 right?

Fbh

Sully game + no Druckmann sounds great.
I'd honestly rather have them work on new IP's, but if they are set on keeping Uncharted around this is one of the best things they could have done.

I dont like the bit about WWS aiming for shorter games from now on. Hopefully he meant just with this game.

Well according to this it'd be longer than TLL and shorter than Uncharted 4.
So that's somewhere between like 8 and 15 hours. 10-12 hours is a good length for a game like this, Uncharted 2 was that long and it's still the best in the franchise.

Valentino

Isn't Sony's claim to fame there long 3d person narrative driven games? 2 spin off short ones already doesn't seem so great. PS5 wouldn't want to been seen as a system putting out lesser games then the PS4 right?

yeah, their claim to fame is having long 3rd person narrative driven game. Hugely successful. So spin off games don't seem that great to you then? Just constantly do mainline games reckon?
I do like the fact we can use an IP such as Uncharted who's main characters story has been wrapped up but we can still use that IP and visit that style of game albeit a less costly made game but ultimatly costs less to buy - that sounds lovely to me . I like that we can have a side game such as Miles Morales which is, however you want to look at it, an expansion to Spider Man PS4. Call it what you want, it's still looking like a big budget game (like Uncharted Lost Legacy also) and it'll tide fans over till Spider Man 2 - that sounds lovely to me. I'm still unsure what doesn't seem so great about that. You really think the PS5 is never going to have any more mainline, bigger games out in the next 7 years because there's "2 spin off short ones already"............... ???? I can't see your point of view. PS5 is getting AAA games near release. Mainline, spin off's, Indies.

Juzzzz my opinion doh

hard_boiled

Neophyte
40b.jpg

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
It upsets you doesn't it?

No just odd forging ahead with short spin off instead of the major games that have proven successful in the past. Nothing inherently wrong with a shorter narrative game, Tell Me Why has been more interesting to me then Last of Us 2 while dealing with similar issues. Some time longer games far out stay there welcome. They just aren't the tent pole game Sony is known for. 2 in a row is a bit much. Hope its not the new direction.

Raimond

Imagine just having all this insider knowledge. I mean... It's just so damn cool. Imagine being the Nintendo R&D dev team or something already making the next console.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
No just odd forging ahead with short spin off instead of the major games that have proven successful in the past. Nothing inherently wrong with a shorter narrative game, Tell Me Why has been more interesting to me then Last of Us 2 while dealing with similar issues. Some time longer games far out stay there welcome. They just aren't the tent pole game Sony is known for. 2 in a row is a bit much. Hope its not the new direction.

It's literally the smartest decision a video game company can make. Like LITERALLY! At the beginning of a new-gen it's great for a Publisher to put out games that are known IP quantities. They are easier to market. Plus it gives devs some time to work out the "kinks" in finding out how to use the new hardware and software tools.

Plus most gamers are 100% fine with a game lasting 10-12 hours if it's a good single-player game. And it doesn't mean they can add DLC to it later. There's literally no down sides to doing it this way.

This will be the 8th Uncharted game.

No thanks. It's been time to move on for a while.
God of War PS4 was the 8th God of War title and yet it was the most successful and refreshing one and one of the most loved in the franchise too. And yet people said that after Ascension GOW was done for good. But people talks without knowing stuff and love to make assumptions, but sometimes they're proven wrong.
We shouldn't make assumptions before seeing the game too.
A character that was never playable, a new game structure, on a new console and developed by a brand new team are four things already that can make people interested and excited. We are talking about what is possibly the biggest change in the series ever.
Let's see what they'are cooking before saying that's unnecessary in advance.

angrod14

Do you guys think there's a possibility not only that this is all false, but that Sony has completely ditched the Uncharted franchise by now and instead is looking for a new flagship IP?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I was pretty underwhelmed by the Uncharted games when I finally played them on my PS4, but one of the things I did love about them was the great characters, VA, and dialogue.

Sully is one of the best characters not only in UC games but in all video games. This could be a really GREAT game for Uncharted fans.

yurinka

It's a 4chan post so it has zero credibility, but let's hope it's real. Can't wait to play another Uncharted, and if possible free of the woke focus on 'diversity representation' limiting male characters to dumb or bad guys as we saw in Lost Legacy and TLOU2.

This project sounds great: with a beloved Uncharted character (now a male one after two games with female chars only) as Sully is, set in a cool setting as the '80s is, and not developed by ND. And well, being a prequel let's hope they don't kill him.

Regarding the game length, I think somewhere in the middle of Lost Legacy and Uncharted 4 there is the sweet spot for me, so I'd love to see this 'leak' being real in this point too.

Last edited:

Keihart

I find Chloe boring compared to Helena so an 80's spin off with Sully as the main character sounds really cool to me. I somehow doubt it with the narrative of the post not just because 4chan, but because Miles Morales and Demon's Souls were announced and this didn't? doesn't compute if they wanted to generate hype.

Every studio collaborating makes sense since that's how WWS operate, but the post reads like a fanfic.

Last edited:
I'm always down for more Uncharted, but if real I'm glad it's not Nate again.

Another short spin off game, PS5 gonna earn a reputation for this thing.
I don't mind shorter spin offs if it means we get more games faster. Tired of waiting 4-7 years after an announcement/between games. Every gen the number of games per studio decreases/dev time increases, we'll be getting like 1 game per studio all around.

yurinka

I'd prefer a full blown Uncharted 5 with Sully, Sam, Chloe and Nadine. The endings of Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy seem to suggest that that's where the story was heading. Hopefully that still happens down the line somewhere. I'll take an 80s Sully game while I wait though.
Chloe and Nadine already had their own game and was the worse one in the series. I'd give Uncharted 5 to Sully, Sam and the girl instead.

Well according to this it'd be longer than TLL and shorter than Uncharted 4.
So that's somewhere between like 8 and 15 hours. 10-12 hours is a good length for a game like this, Uncharted 2 was that long and it's still the best in the franchise.
Yes, this is what howlongtobeat.com says as 'median' time to complete the story.

To complete the story as 'leisure' they are 10:35 and 21 hours, and they take 21:30 and 46 hours as completionists.

So if t's just in the middle, this Sully game would take a median time of 12 hours to complete the story (16 hours in leisure) and 34 hours as completionists. Perfect length for me.

Do you guys think there's a possibility not only that this is all false, but that Sony has completely ditched the Uncharted franchise by now and instead is looking for a new flagship IP?
Sony and Druckmann said ND was done with Nate's arch with Uncharted 4, but that they may continue the Uncharted universe focusing on other characters and probably developed by other studios.

Uncharted series and specially its last main game Uncharted 4 is one of their best selling games ever, so make sure they will make more Uncharted games and maybe even with Nate there.

Uncharted 4, Spiderman and TLOU2 were too long. They would have been better a bit shorter. Let's hope they cut some fat of repeating stuff too much. Longer doesn't mean better.

Another short spin off game, PS5 gonna earn a reputation for this thing.
I didn't know Horizon 2, Gran Turismo 7, Ratchet & Clank, Godfall, Demon's Souls, Bugsnax, Deathloop, Destruction AllStars, Ghostwire Tokyo, Guilty Gear Strive, Goodbye Volcano High, Haven, Jett, Kena, Hitman 3, Little Devil Inside, Pragmata, Returnal and so on were spinoffs.

As I remember out of all the PS5 (at least timed or console) exclusives there's only Spiderman: Miles Morales and this one. And Sackboy: A big adventure if we count it as a spin-off.

I find Chloe boring compared to Helena so an 80's spin off with Sully as the main character sounds really cool to me.
Well, Chloe was boring in Lost Legacy, but she was so cool back in Uncharted 2. Maybe if they keep away the ND SJW bullshit out of the game they can include a great, interesting teenage Chloe.

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

I'm always down for more Uncharted, but if real I'm glad it's not Nate again.

I don't mind shorter spin offs if it means we get more games faster. Tired of waiting 4-7 years after an announcement/between games. Every gen the number of games per studio decreases/dev time increases, we'll be getting like 1 game per studio all around.

vKoQZ05.gif

On point!

Devs need to condense their games, start getting creative with game modes, smaller but replayable content instead of focusing on 50 hour story modes that is "one and done".

Spare me these snarky remarks you pumpkin pie hair cutted freak (yes, I've watched dumb & dumber recently, love that line ;p)
I said that because in the past there were many legit leaks from 4chan. Take these in comparison to vague shit statements you get nowadays from so called twitter/reddit "insiders" or even on this very forum some people, and that's how you end up with anything from 4chan, no matter how stupid and fake it sounds, being more credible than that. Atleast for me. That doesn't mean I believe everything, lmao.
dnd.gif

Fucking love that movie.

As for the leaks, i don't take anything from reddit or 4chan seriously. Would a developer really just state that he works for a Sony studio when dropping information like this? You're asking for legal trouble firstly and secondly making it very easy for Sony ninjas to identify or narrow down their search to find the individual who is leaking.

I mean we have people here creating these threads based on Reddit posts as well. I could do to Reddit and 'leak' a game and a thread will be created here discussing it lol.

Rather just wait for official news from either Sony or MS.

Last edited:
Everyone always talks about Sony's exclusives. Personally, uncharted is the out one I care about, and is a system seller for me.

Getting Xbox one first, and PS5 the day this comes out.

Geki-D

Banned
People believing 4Chan rumours when literally every other one has been fake?

...Good luck with that.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
God of War PS4 was the 8th God of War title and yet it was the most successful and refreshing one and one of the most loved in the franchise too. And yet people said that after Ascension GOW was done for good. But people talks without knowing stuff and love to make assumptions, but sometimes they're proven wrong.
We shouldn't make assumptions before seeing the game too.
A character that was never playable, a new game structure, on a new console and developed by a brand new team are four things already that can make people interested and excited. We are talking about what is possibly the biggest change in the series ever.
Let's see what they'are cooking before saying that's unnecessary in advance.

The difference between God of War Ascension and Uncharted 4 is that Uncharted 4 sold extremely well and recieved much higher critical acclaim.

That's not a recipe for a franchise reboot. That's a recipe for more of the same.

Camreezie

Sounds to good to be true , sully and no druckmann? Would love this but I think a new Uncharted is still a few years off an after a god of war sequel

Last edited:
The difference between God of War Ascension and Uncharted 4 is that Uncharted 4 sold extremely well and recieved much higher critical acclaim.

That's not a recipe for a franchise reboot. That's a recipe for more of the same.
More of the same? Let's believe the rumors for one minute.
Different main character, different development team, different structure seem to suggest other hypothesis.
You can still have a more of the same, but it's not that easy to predict without info.
Probably it won't be called Uncharted 5, even!

John Day

Taken with a grain of salt. How quaint to mention now that it has tech from SP and Guerilla helping, when it was an “open secret in the dev community” before. Like, now that Ghost is a huge thing now it matters?

What i mean to say, it sounds like fan wet dreaming.

An Elderly Sully, suffering from a weak heart, lung cancer, severe liver damage, and fecal incontinence; is on the trail of the treasure of a lifetime and seeks out his old retired friend Nathan Drake to aid him in his final adventure. When Sully witnesses Nate's brutal murder at the hand of his adversary, he vows to avenge his friend and find that treasure himself!

Unsharted: The Sullied Sully Caper

Unknown?

A spin off doesn't mean short. Nintendo does tons of spin offs.

Top Bottom