• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Tourist stabbed to death by the karaoke band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

An American man on vacation with his son in the popular tourist town of Krabi, Thailand, was reportedly stabbed to death by members of a local karaoke band for refusing to stop singing.

According to police chief Col. Taksin Pochakorn, 51-year-old Bobby Ray Carter Jr. and his 27-year-old son Adam had been throwing back a few at the Little Longhorn Saloon — a bar located near Ao Nang beach that promises "good music, funfunfun and friendly staff."

The bar's main attraction is a live karaoke band that takes requests, and a drunk Carter was availing himself of their services when things got out of hand.

"Witnesses said Carter got angry when the band played ‘Hotel California’ instead of the song he requested, and he refused to step down," Col. Pochakorn is quoted as saying.

The musicians then decided to take a break, but Carter continued hogging the stage, and refused to let anyone else have a turn.

A fight then broke out between the musicians and Carter after the latter asked the band members for his tip back.

Carter, his son, and the band took their altercation outside, where Carter was ultimately stabbed in the chest with an iron rod.

He was pronounced DOA at an area hospital.

Police arrested the three suspected assailants and charged them with causing death by physical attack.

http://gawker.com/american-tourist-killed-by-karaoke-band-for-refusing-to-978282268

The song he wanted to sing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5kisPBwZOM

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This isn't Frank Ocean's American Wedding, get the fuck off the stage!

But seriously, stabbed in the chest with an iron rod. Jeez, that sounds so brutal. I mean a knife is terrible, but it has the purpose of cutting things. An iron rod is an iron rod.

akira28

haha they really wanted to keep that tip.

Didn't someone kill someone in Thailand over the taxi fee a couple of weeks ago?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I have been to that place.

There's a cool night market nearby, where you can buy pickled night sausage.

dream

Maybe it's just me, but I'd never go to a foreign country and start anything with locals.

Especially in a bar, where the best-case scenario if you're being belligerent is catching a beating. Not sure how sympathetic I am towards this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom