• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD: Both XSX and PS5 RDNA2 based and have Hardware RT

Pallas

Please don't get excited? Where have I heard that before? Oh...…"Please don't read too much into this" I'd Bet.....

Funny, how so few people gave such admonitions when the 9.2TF bandwagon was in swing, hell, it's still in full swing even now......Hey! 9.2TF, don't read too much into it guys, wait for official confirmation by Sony......I can't say I saw too much of that tbh....

If you want to criticize me for telling people to keep their hype in check then go ahead but it’s pretty silly thing, of all things to quote and single out, but after all it’s you, probably one of the biggest shills for Sony who believe they can do no wrong.

And we're now running with random quotes posted 40 days ago on some Indian site which no one cared about until now? Don't get me wrong I have no horse in this race but the extremes some people go to to believe one site over the other (whilst trashing DF as well) is pretty hilarious.
Look the Github data is inconclusive. Nothing can be drawn from it, not at least in terms of final data for both consoles so it seems disingenuous to further spread this inconclusive data to a bigger audience. Ever since that leak, people have been running left and right with PS5 being 9.2TF with no hardware Ray Tracing support which is seriously misinformed. You have the 9.2TF figure and then you have the absence of Ray Tracing. One of these points is bogus since the system architect Mark Cerny and now AMD has confirmed hardware ray tracing for both consoles.
So how can such a thing like the Github leak be discussed when you don't know what is true or what is false?

Last edited:
Look the Github data is inconclusive. Nothing can be drawn from it, not at least in terms of final data for both consoles so it seems disingenuous to further spread this inconclusive data to a bigger audience. Ever since that leak, people have been running left and right with PS5 being 9.2TF with no hardware Ray Tracing support. One of these points is bogus since the system architect confirmed hardware ray tracing.
How can such a thing be discussed when you don't know what is true or what is false?
Just saying but wasn't one half of the leak accurate? Would that not give some serious credence to all of it being accurate? Also I wouldn't take the recognition of RT hardware or not in the leak as the lack of it.

Just saying but wasn't one half of the leak accurate? Would that not give some serious credence to all of it being accurate? Also I wouldn't take the recognition of RT hardware or not in the leak as the lack of it.
Yes that's kind of what i'm saying. It's difficult to take anything from the Github leak since you're faced with some inaccuracies.
Now if that's the case then how can the 9.2TF figure be taken as accurate seeing that ray tracing was not featured anywhere in that leak.
There is not enough information to draw any sort of conclusions.

Yes that's kind of what i'm saying. It's difficult to take anything from the Github leak since you're faced with some inaccuracies.
Now if that's the case then how can the 9.2TF figure be taken as accurate seeing that ray tracing was not featured anywhere in that leak.
There is not enough information to draw any sort of conclusions.
Just spitballing off the top of my head but maybe if Sony's GPU is in fact RDNA 1.0 there was a lack of documentation/recognition of the RT hardware as it's not natively of the architecture therefore it was not listed.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I feel like PS5 would have been at too huge a disadvantage without it. I couldn’t believe they would come at the gates that far behind the competition.

now we need TO KNOW THE FLOPS

I feel nextbox would have been at a huge disadvantage without it. It's gd it has it also like psv has it. As well as audio ray tracing and SSD.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
13 TF COMING SO SO SOON
K3gkMDb.png

Some of these green boners are going to deflate and shrivel up 😂😂😂🤡🤡🤡🤡

9 TF is very powerful. Also that Tweet is from last year. It’s March now. So who knows.

If Sony PS5 is so super powerful why not just say it? Why led all the negative press still go? Why give Xbox still all the buzz being the way more powerful console? Why not just say it?
A single tweet PS5 > 12TF would be enough. Why not do it?
To base power solely on Flops will be a big mistake. The advances in software are so far ahead I don't think we will be ready for what else is going to be announced. Stay tuned.

Mithos

What if the numbers ARE true... but...

Xbox Seriex X, 12Tflops, "RT cores 1x"
Playstation 5, 9.2Tflops, "RT cores 2x, 3x or 4x?"

Last edited:

MARTYWOLF

There is no source. There are other publications that talk about that meeting, but none of them says anything regarding raytracing, which should've been a big deal at the time. Instead, they all focus on Mithun Chandrashekhar talking about 4K cards from AMD. So what you are reading at techquila.co.in is probably fan fiction.

I've actually tried looking for the quote elsewhere but can't find anything. Tech sites may have overlooked it I guess

Old data or not, it was accurate about the Series X, sooo.....
PS peeps seem to think alot of people that put some belief into Github are doing so blindly, but reality is different.
Github was correct about XSX, and the initial legit leaks on XSX back in 2019 which nailed it, also had the PS5 specs which back up Github. There was also the dev kit leaked specs which had it at 9.2 tflops, and this was before Github.
Also the latest Oberon revisions in Dec or Jan that were mined by Komachi also showed the same specs as Github.

Time will tell.

Membah when xbox one x beat the ps4 pro and switch coz it was more powerful on paper?

Membah when ps3 beat the wii and xbox360 coz it was more powerful on paper?

Membah when the vita beat the 3ds coz it was more powerful on paper?

Membah when the psp beat the DS coz it was more powerful on paper?

Membah when the xbox beat the ps2 coz it was more powerful on paper?

Membah when the n64 beat the ps1 coz it was more powerful on paper?

Membah when the 3DO beat the sega mega drive and snes coz it was more powerful on paper?

Membah when the game gear beat the gameboy coz it was more powerful on paper?

Membah when the sega master system beat the nes coz it was more powerful on paper?

Membah when the Amiga 500 beat all other pc's coz it was much more powerful on paper?

ME NEITHER. NO MEMBAH.

Last edited:

Kerotan

I gotta admit the suspense on what the ps5 is killing millions of gamers around the world. Thank god I've so many good games to play and upcoming titles like TLOU2 to distract me while I wait.

I gotta admit the suspense on what the ps5 is killing millions of gamers around the world. Thank god I've so many good games to play and upcoming titles like TLOU2 to distract me while I wait.
This fucking game is going to activate the afterburners of my PS4 Pro. I'm actually worried because Modern Warfare puts the fans to max in the menu screen lol.

2 months old and a person cannot have said something if they weren't present at :)
With some digging you'll come back to 3 Indian site like TechRadar/DailyMail etc etc, with the exact same quote.
I never knew AMD has special conference calls or press briefings only for the Indian market :messenger_expressionless:

Here are the transcripts for AMD conference calls in January: https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/AMD/earnings/transcripts
He must have beamed his thoughts in his sleep to those exact same websites since no other site can be found with such claims.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures, but when you're posting shit because your denial got the best of you then you deserved to be banned IMO.

Yep, this is looking mighty bogus. It looks like the author just flat out made up a quote. How did the entire tech world following this information miss this piece of info?

That quote is made up. It doesn't exist anywhere on the internet except in articles based on the TechQuila article. And someone who sources HipHopGamer for news probably didn't get an invitation to a super secret AMD meeting that only he attended.

Definitely appears made up.

Github worshippers on suicide watch

Nope, we are just over here as far away from the ledge as possible. You guys keep leaning further and further over to get a look at the pointy rocks down below. Let's just wait for Sony. :)

Please don't get excited? Where have I heard that before? Oh...…"Please don't read too much into this" I'd Bet.....

Funny, how so few people gave such admonitions when the 9.2TF bandwagon was in swing, hell, it's still in full swing even now......Hey! 9.2TF, don't read too much into it guys, wait for official confirmation by Sony......I can't say I saw too much of that tbh....

Because we all know it's true?....MS revised their earning predictions down because of, well, everyone fucking knows.

You think Sony, who is much more dependent on Playstation for profits and who is the one who publicly admitted to component pricing being a huge concern in if they're able to hit the target they wanted, is suddenly going to be able to hit 12TF +?

Especially when they're clearly, if not rightfully, erring toward cautiousness in going close to or above the $500 price point. Console gaming is about being on the affordable end of PC performance while hitting acceptable quality standards.

I'll eat humble pie if true but there's no evidence to suggest Sony is willing or able to take the kind of hit MS is on the hardware front. Nor is there any evidence they have some kind of magic bullet or engineering chops to suddenly make up for it.

Psykodad

Banned
And people think corona is a problem..

SleepDoctor

Banned
SHOCKING NEWS!

Nevertheless there are still people in denial here, but then again, those people question what Cerny/Spencer themselves say, so what to expect...

The best part of all this is most of the blue and green warriors fighting the good fight want/expect a $399/$499 console lol. I bet most won't even be able to afford it at launch if its higher, hell some won't even be able to scrape up $499 by the end of the year.

All that toxic flame bait bullshit for nothing

Bandi

Banned
Seriously how much money is Microsoft pumping into digital foundry. I wonder if Sony will put up some big bux to also receive some coverage. DF have been eating xbox asshole for a month.

lol wut sony is not releasing anything so what is DF is supposed to talk about? out of thin air?

MS is releasing stuff, talking about series x, obviously DF is talking about it.

As soon as SONY will say something, DF will talk about it too.

Entroyp

Hold on, so the quote in the article is from AMD’s product Management lead? I though it was an assumption made by the author.

Oh no, wait... Looks like RDNA2 is exclusive to MS now. Can’t blame AMD, after all who wouldn’t stike a deal like that after MS’s 40 million consoles sold.

Last edited:

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I don't think you can buy DF articles. You release information and they decide if they find it worth discussing.
No, you can absolutely buy DF articles. But they call them sponsored, like the recent raytracing video that was sponsored by Nvidia.

Which just shows that the whole idea that Microsoft pays Digital Foundry to do their bidding is ridiculous. And funnily enough, back in 2013 people claimed they were in the pocket of Sony because they were talking so much about 900p and black crush. Second rule of console wars: If you don't like what someboy writes, they are paid shills. First rule of console wars is sequels of established IPs are only bad when the other team is doing them, they are the best thing ever for your own team.

Top Bottom