• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox should go Nvidia

I agree - very low chance Microsoft ever has most market share in console market and they probably don't care if they're going multiplatform. They should make the type of console I've always wanted - go all out, super enthusiast, see what you can pack in for $1k-$2k in a closed console environment. I think it'd do better than what many may think.

twilo99

I agree - very low chance Microsoft ever has most market share in console market and they probably don't care if they're going multiplatform. They should make the type of console I've always wanted - go all out, super enthusiast, see what you can pack in for $1k-$2k in a closed console environment. I think it'd do better than what many may think.

It will do quite well around the $1000 mark , not sure about beyond that unless it offers high end PC performance, and even then..

Zathalus

I can see the reasoning for going nvidia, as they are leaders in RT and AI performance.
But there is no reason to go ARM, over X86. Quite the opposite, using X86 simplifies the process of back-compatibility and cross-platform with consoles and PCs.
I only mentioned ARM as you are not getting a Nvidia APU with x86.

SolidQ

Buggy Loop

T239

That goes back all the way to 2021

So totally meaningless.

Just to add even more to this, it was also Ada

Spin a pen on a table and you have as much chances to land on it.

Could have been a trial, a dev kit, a pro version. Many rumours around Nintendo and cancelled skus and now even today rumours of them pushing it to 2025.

Nobody knows.

Are you from AMD lab?

I know enough about AMD copium beind 20 years with them that this hope™ of catching Nvidia with their pants down will never materialize. The AMD cycle is as predictable as the Sonic cycle.

Last edited:

Moses85

You want a $999 console?
Donald Trump Republicans GIF by Election 2016

But hey, no need.
Microsoft can sell it for 399€ and make lose, they have money!

Audiophile

Gold Member
My wildcard prediction:

Next-Gen Xbox in 2027 with an Intel APU

Next-Gen PlayStation in 2028 with an AMD Chiplet SoC

Audiophile

Gold Member
Nvidia would likely overcharge, but then on the flipside they could probably do it break even as a consumer-facing vanity project to be powering "the most powerful console in the world"; and given how big they are it'll probably be no more than a fart in the wind on their balance sheet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom