• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All New Skyward Sword Info from GI + Nintendo

Nintendo-4Life said:
It's been known for quite a while now, just shake the nunchuck while you're dashing and voila!
Yeah I didn't know. Also added in other info that was overlooked in Nintendo power like Skyloft containing
the Knight Academy where Link stays, a giant Goddess statue, residential quarters, a plaza, a cave near a huge, majestic waterfall, the bazaar and plenty of other areas to explore off the beaten path and unlike previous Zelda games there are bathrooms and toilets in the game.
Not major details but small nice details none the less.

ASIS

Lord_Byron28 said:
Yeah I didn't know. Also added in other info that was overlooked in Nintendo power like Skyloft containing
the Knight Academy where Link stays, a giant Goddess statue, residential quarters, a plaza, a cave near a huge, majestic waterfall, the bazaar and plenty of other areas to explore off the beaten path and unlike previous Zelda games there are bathrooms and toilets in the game.
This is the second hands on preview that mentions these small details (first being GI of course). Hell even GS noticed it when they were going through the sky temple.

I. CANNOT. WAIT any longer!!!
chronos4590 said:
That music was not what I was expecting, but in a really really good way. I said "WOW; this is Zelda".
This is also what I found impressive.
I mean it's nothing that was never done before, but the tone of that intro was completely different from everything we've seen so far in SS. I guess the game won't be all "happy and light" after all.

Shit these wonderful comments make it hard to resist watching that video, but at the same time it just makes me want to not watch it as I know I'm in for something really really great!

MYE

Metroid Killer said:
Shit these wonderful comments make it hard to resist watching that video, but at the same time it just makes me want to not watch it as I know I'm in for something really really great!

You could just listen to it :p

Nintendo-4Life said:
This is the second hands on preview that mentions these small details (first being GI of course). Hell even GS noticed it when they were going through the sky temple.
Well you could've shared because not many seemed aware of these details.

Gino

Lord_Byron28 said:
toilets...
WHAT!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MisterHero said:
Oh my at the opening trailer

the story is written in blood

well, maybe. I dunno

Just like Ganon said it would be at the end of Twilight Princess.

Full circle.

Flare

Lord_Byron28 said:

But there was a
toilet
in Majora's Mask =(

RagnarokX

Nirolak said:
Alright, I'm relaying this on behalf of several mods, so if my responses are a bit delayed it's because we're discussing. Apologies up front.

This thread got posted up and locked earlier today, but it inspired us to ask the Zelda fanbase if they wanted to be part of a new experiment on GAF. Essentially, among certain fanbases, there seems to be an interest in discussing a series as a whole and aspects like timelines/character histories/etc without having to go into a thread that might be full of spoilers for the latest game. However, having a lot of threads like this in the news section that aren't actually spoilery news or something like Let's Play would bog a lot of stuff up, which is why they have been historically locked. We were wondering though if the Zelda fanbase would be willing to try creating a Community thread dedicated to discussing the series with rules and norms (regarding spoilers and stuff) set by the community itself. Don't worry, you could still have all the Zelda type threads you currently have in the Gaming section of the forum, this would just be an additional thread for more general discussion.

Any thoughts?
It wouldn't hurt, but I don't know if it would be all that busy. Conversations are fueled by the new games and discussion of the timeline only pops up nowadays when someone ignores all of the glaring details of the last decade and a half of Zelda games and starts going on about their objectively wrong opinions. A community thread would probably be more like-minded and thus have less to discuss.

ASIS

Lord_Byron28 said:
Well you could've shared because not many seemed aware of these details.
hm? GI already talked about it in their video preview. As for GS, they said how some of the plants and stuff were only there for aesthetic reasons. Those little fine details are all over this game.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Nirolak said:
Alright, I'm relaying this on behalf of several mods, so if my responses are a bit delayed it's because we're discussing. Apologies up front.

This thread got posted up and locked earlier today, but it inspired us to ask the Zelda fanbase if they wanted to be part of a new experiment on GAF. Essentially, among certain fanbases, there seems to be an interest in discussing a series as a whole and aspects like timelines/character histories/etc without having to go into a thread that might be full of spoilers for the latest game. However, having a lot of threads like this in the news section that aren't actually spoilery news or something like Let's Play would bog a lot of stuff up, which is why they have been historically locked. We were wondering though if the Zelda fanbase would be willing to try creating a Community thread dedicated to discussing the series with rules and norms (regarding spoilers and stuff) set by the community itself. Don't worry, you could still have all the Zelda type threads you currently have in the Gaming section of the forum, this would just be an additional thread for more general discussion.

Any thoughts?

I think a Community thread for even a non-multiplayer series like Zelda would be a great idea and it's worth giving it a shot. After hanging out in the Street Fighter OTs, I would love to have a similar place where Zelda fans could discuss the games in general and share stuff that isn't necessarily new thread worthy but related to the series. There's all kind of interesting Zelda-related tidbits, videos, and fanworks that pop up all the time.

I suppose the Zelda Art Thread serves that function sometimes, but since its focus is sharing images it doesn't get much discussion aside from "great picture!"

ASIS

Metroid Killer said:
In the following spoiler bubble you will only see the actual time of that intro, so highlight if you like I promise there won't be anything this time

It's only 1 minute and 20 seconds, so you're not missing THAT much

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah that intro wasn't all you guys hyped it up to be. :p was expecting the awesomeness of WW's intro.

Tuck

Andrex said:
Yeah that intro wasn't all you guys hyped it up to be. :p was expecting the awesomeness of WW's intro.

Yeah. It was good, but not Wind Waker levels of good. The music was more feirce. In Wind Waker it was almost.. sad.

Kard8p3

Just watched the intro. Amazing music and really good intro over all. Did the guy playing skip it though? It felt like he didn't let it finish.

Kard8p3 said:
Just watched the intro. Amazing music and really good intro over all. Did the guy playing skip it though? It felt like he didn't let it finish.
I gave in, and watched it. By the reaction of the audience I'm going to say he didn't let it finish.

BY2K

Membero Americo
IceDoesntHelp said:
I gave in, and watched it. By the reaction of the audience I'm going to say he didn't let it finish.

Indeed, it skipped it. We don't see the whole thing.

That ultimate power the Goddess is protecting is obviously the Trifroce.

Kard8p3

So about the intro
at the beginning when it's showing the great evil you can see others around him. To the far left I'm pretty sure that's Ghirahim. I wonder if we'll be seeing all of them throughout the game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Uuugh I have this awful knot in my stomach being this hyped for the game with still ~2 months away until release. A week or so I can deal with, but now is too early. Too early!

Kard8p3

EatChildren said:
Uuugh I have this awful knot in my stomach being this hyped for the game with still ~2 months away until release. A week or so I can deal with, but now is too early. Too early!

You should use your connections to get us all copies of the game two months early.

jett

D-Member
How lame that they skipped through the intro. Nothing of interest in what they showed sadly. Generic "evil forces ravaged the land" stuff.

Nirolak said:

Any thoughts?

I agree, banish all those that want to discuss Zelda timelines to the community forum.

Anth0ny

EatChildren said:

Yeah this sucks.

My plan is to play Minish Cap, 4 Swords, REmake and Super Mario Land 2 until October 26. That's when Kirby is released. Kirby will be done fast, next up is Sonic Generations on November 1. Mario 3D land on the 13th. I'm hoping that holds me over until November 20.

Anyone else have a plan to kill time until Nov 20? ; _ ;

EatChildren said:
Remember when there was like, no hype? At all?

Bad times...

BY2K

Membero Americo
Anth0ny said:

Unfortunately, I'm getting laid-off soon (this week, maybe), so I won't be able to buy many games. Luckily, Skyward Sword is already full paid, so I don't have to worry about not being able to get it day 1.

EatChildren said:
Yep I've had that awful knot since June 2010.

ASIS

EatChildren said:
It's not "that" bad. We are only 7 weeks away from the european release. or better yet only 52 days away from the NA release.

And assuming you're getting a review copy (you should thank your god for that), you're getting the game even earlier than most of us.

Just remember how excited I was at the thought of playing this game in august. The time will fly very quickly i'm sure of it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Tuck said:
Yeah. It was good, but not Wind Waker levels of good. The music was more feirce. In Wind Waker it was almost.. sad.

Sad, then triumphant (which was the best part, hearing the Hyrule Field theme.)

Edit- If he did cut it short, then my complaints go away. It looks like it was building to something great.

jett said:
I agree, banish all those that want to discuss Zelda timelines to the community forum.

We'll be here, in the shadows like a Sheikah.

StevieP

Banned
BY2K said:
Unfortunately, I'm getting laid-off soon (this week, maybe), so I won't be able to buy many games. Luckily, Skyward Sword is already full paid, so I don't have to worry about not being able to get it day 1.

Sorry to hear it, dude. May Skyward Sword and alcohol ease the pain. And Xenoblade if you can get it. lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
HEY TURDS

Guess what? You're getting a Zelda community thread. Yep, that's right. A swank, flashy Zelda community thread where you can talk shop to your heart's container...err, content.

The goal of the community thread is to give you cats a place to discuss the timeline, series, the hottest princess (bangs Zelda owns) and all other general Zelda franchise topics that seem to pop up in every Zelda thread. The franchise is so big now with so many GAF fans that we figure it's time to make a home.

However, being a community thread means it must act like a community thread. New threads for new news policy still stands, so when screenshots, videos and announcements start pouring out from Nintendo we expect these to be given appropriate new threads in the Gaming forum. The community thread must not become a megathread, essentially.

So, there's that. As with all community threads we expect you guys/gals will be keen to make up some flashy art, a nice sexy op, and what have you, so maybe start talking amongst yourselfs and designate someone to make the first thread. Collaborate, do what you do.

The thread will be good to go as soon as you've all got a thread to go, so just let me know when it's ready and we'll get the ball rolling.

Nintendo-4Life said:
And assuming you're getting a review copy (you should thank your god for that), you're getting the game even earlier than most of us.

One of my colleagues has booked the review copy. But I'm okay with that, as I have my CE version pre-ordered. I'm waiting along with the lot of ya :(.

Gravijah

EatChildren said:
HEY TURDS

Guess what? You're getting a Zelda community thread. Yep, that's right. A swank, flashy Zelda community thread where you can talk shop to your heart's container...err, content.

The goal of the community thread is to give you cats a place to discuss the timeline, series, the hottest princess (bangs Zelda owns) and all other general Zelda franchise topics that seem to pop up in every Zelda thread. The franchise is so big now with so many GAF fans that we figure it's time to make a home.

However, being a community thread means it must act like a community thread. New threads for new news policy still stands, so when screenshots, videos and announcements start pouring out from Nintendo we expect these to be given appropriate new threads in the Gaming forum. The community thread must not become a megathread, essentially.

So, there's that. As with all community threads we expect you guys/gals will be keen to make up some flashy art, a nice sexy op, and what have you, so maybe start talking amongst yourselfs and designate someone to make the first thread. Collaborate, do what you do.

The thread will be good to go as soon as you've all got a thread to go, so just let me know when it's ready and we'll get the ball rolling.

One of my colleagues has booked the review copy. But I'm okay with that, as I have my CE version pre-ordered. I'm waiting along with the lot of ya :(.

finally a place to put my ashei fanfics

Gino

Gravijah said:
finally a place to put my ashei fanfics
Something has gone wrong. I read this an actually thought I was interested in it for a moment.

Zelda's got a real hold on me I guess.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anth0ny said:
Yeah this sucks.

My plan is to play Minish Cap, 4 Swords, REmake and Super Mario Land 2 until October 26. That's when Kirby is released. Kirby will be done fast, next up is Sonic Generations on November 1. Mario 3D land on the 13th. I'm hoping that holds me over until November 20.

Now: Link to the Past
Soon: New 3DS + Ocarina of Time 3D + Four Swords Anniversary
October 10+: NeoGAF Pokemon B&W Tourney 2
October 24: Kirby's Return to Dreamland (suck it Eurolanders, your title is lame)
November 1: Sonic Generations
November 8: Cave Story 3D (maybe)
November 13: Super Mario 3D Land
November 20: ...Skyward Sword, duh. :p

Boney

Banned
EatChildren said:
Only in the community thread.
I think this outweighs the risk of getting spoiled on SS.

Revenge will be mine

6j5uupk

Top Bottom