• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All New Skyward Sword Info from GI + Nintendo

Hypatia said:
linkabandonthreadga4m.gif
?

Also I'm way too damn hyped for this game >_<
Am I the only confused by the bird coming in from screen Right as Link is coming from screen Left but then link suddenly lands on it well its going forward?

Is that how it is in the actual video?

Boney

Banned
Black-Wind said:
Am I the only confused by the bird coming in from screen Right as Link is coming from screen Left but then link suddenly lands on it well its going forward?

Is that how it is in the actual video?
uh camara angles? it's always going in the same direction

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Caelus said:
Apparently the new Nintendo Power has some info, here's one of them.

-Ghirahim talks of ressurecting his master. Link repeatedly dreams of the pointy toothed creature that swallows Zelda.

Source is Zelda fan who got the Sep/Oct issue.

And apparently the name of the old guy in the trailer is Gaebora... wtf?

Gaebora confirmed he was an Ancient Sage (in addition to being one of the seven sages in Ocarina of Time; yes, they're different, or maybe I'm getting him mixed up with Rauru), and the Ancient Sages are the ones who created the Master Sword. So I'm not surprised. (They also tried to seal Ganon away in Twilight Princess.)

As for Ghirahim, I figured he wouldn't be the main villain. Hopefully it's an all new big baddie, I don't know what I would think if it were Majora, et al.

Lord Ghirahim said:
The HUD can be... removed?
No, there's a "minimalistic" one with just the B buttom... and the hearts and the shield meter and the rupees and the stamina when running... you know really "minimalistic".

Xun

Andrex said:
Gaebora confirmed he was an Ancient Sage (in addition to being one of the seven sages in Ocarina of Time; yes, they're different, or maybe I'm getting him mixed up with Rauru), and the Ancient Sages are the ones who created the Master Sword. So I'm not surprised. (They also tried to seal Ganon away in Twilight Princess.)

As for Ghirahim, I figured he wouldn't be the main villain. Hopefully it's an all new big baddie, I don't know what I would think if it were Majora, et al.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ghirahim becomes a good guy at the end of the game.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Andrex said:

Hng, we can only dream

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also I find it funny Nintendo Power got a better scoop than GI, though not entirely surprised.

Mistle

Would anybody be up for a spoiler-free SS thread for hype/discussion? Anything pre-nintendo power can be freely discussed, but nothing after/within that. I may make one.

I haven't read NP yet, but would still like a stable Zelda thread to post in for the next 2 months without worrying.

Mistle

Not going to watch that, but is it like the press start cinematic, or the actual start of the game?

Unngghh... Where did the vid come from? There's so much new stuff coming out, tough to be on a media blackout. Must stay strong though D:

Touch

Mistle said:
Would anybody be up for a spoiler-free SS thread for hype/discussion? Anything pre-nintendo power can be freely discussed, but nothing after/within that. I may make one.

I haven't read NP yet, but would still like a stable Zelda thread to post in for the next 2 months without worrying.
It would be nice to have a place where the story isn't spoiled. Though I just assume all SS threads are now At Own Risk on entry.

Mistle said:
Not going to watch that, but is it like the press start cinematic, or the actual start of the game?

Unngghh... Where did the vid come from? There's so much new stuff coming out, tough to be on a media blackout. Must stay strong though D:
Actual start, like the Hero of Time cinematic in Wind Waker. Watched it for a few seconds, couldn't finish it. Its hard to ignore all of this ;_;

mdtauk

I took a glance or two, looks very stylish. And the music is good... EFFING GOOD!

But I wont spoil it, and didn't pay any attention to what it says or what is depicted.

Flare

mdtauk said:
I took a glance or two, looks very stylish. And the music is good... EFFING GOOD!

But I wont spoil it, and didn't pay any attention to what it says or what is depicted.

When GI said it sounded like a military bugle they weren't wrong. It's epic.

MutFox

Banned
So I wanna pre-order the game,
is there a "best" version I should go for?

I do want the motion+ controller, as I don't have one yet.

RagnarokX

Oh good. I took Spanish in HS and could somewhat understand what was going on.

So demons were tearing up the land below and then a goddess appeared with the sword and lyre surrounded by 5 races: mogmas, gorons, the tanuki bird things, and 2 other races I don't recognize. Yo, Nintendo, why you hate zoras?

Andrex said:
Dick move, mods. :(
As long as people spoiler tag, It shouldn't be a problem. However, there some stupid posters who haven't been spoiler tagging their post in these threads.

Oh good. I took Spanish in HS and could somewhat understand what was going on.

So demons were tearing up the land below and then a goddess appeared with the sword and lyre surrounded by 5 races: mogmas, gorons, the tanuki bird things, and 2 other races I don't recognize. Yo, Nintendo, why you hate zoras?

Good observations. I hope some form of the Kokori/deku are in this game. I was thoroughly dissapointed when they along with the Gerudo and Sheikah were missing in TP. I also wonder if the godess looking lady in the center is supposed to represent or be related to zelda in some way.

Also this adds more evidence to my theory that at least for the beggining sections of the game you're going to be facing the sky whale in your dreams since it specifically mentioned that the brutal evil plunged people into their worst nightmares

Mistle

Lord_Byron28 said:
As long as people spoiler tag, It shouldn't be a problem. However, there some stupid posters who haven't been spoiler tagging their post in these threads.
Hence why I wish that thread stayed open. I want somewhere to chat where I know it's safe, and without posts consisting of big black bars.

....and because I put some work into the thread :p heart breaking to see that lock mere seconds after posting, lol

wrowa

mistle said:
Hence why I wish that thread stayed open. I want somewhere to chat where I know it's safe, and without posts consisting of big black bars.

....and because I put some work into the thread :p heart breaking to see that lock mere seconds after posting, lol
Every new information from here on out will be called a spoiler, so I personally don't see much sense in a spoiler-free thread. What would you want to discuss there?

However, closing without leaving a comment is pretty mean :p

wrowa said:
Every new information from here on out will be called a spoiler, so I personally don't see much sense in a spoiler-free thread. What would you want to discuss there?

However, closing without leaving a comment is pretty mean :p

this. Add in the fact the mods probably consider a spoiler thread for a game that hasn't even released yet insane and arbitrary considering it's not that clear cut what is a spoiler prior to the games release.

Gino

BY2K said:
That... that music... Oh my god...
The Bugle is awesome. When they talked about it being in the background of a lot of songs I didn't think it would be as cool as say the pan flute in the background of ST songs but I was wrong. It's great.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Alright, I'm relaying this on behalf of several mods, so if my responses are a bit delayed it's because we're discussing. Apologies up front.

This thread got posted up and locked earlier today, but it inspired us to ask the Zelda fanbase if they wanted to be part of a new experiment on GAF. Essentially, among certain fanbases, there seems to be an interest in discussing a series as a whole and aspects like timelines/character histories/etc without having to go into a thread that might be full of spoilers for the latest game. However, having a lot of threads like this in the news section that aren't actually spoilery news or something like Let's Play would bog a lot of stuff up, which is why they have been historically locked. We were wondering though if the Zelda fanbase would be willing to try creating a Community thread dedicated to discussing the series with rules and norms (regarding spoilers and stuff) set by the community itself. Don't worry, you could still have all the Zelda type threads you currently have in the Gaming section of the forum, this would just be an additional thread for more general discussion.

Any thoughts?

mdtauk

Nirolak said:
Alright, I'm relaying this on behalf of several mods, so if my responses are a bit delayed it's because we're discussing. Apologies up front.

This thread got posted up and locked earlier today, but it inspired us to ask the Zelda fanbase if they wanted to be part of a new experiment on GAF. Essentially, among certain fanbases, there seems to be an interest in discussing a series as a whole and aspects like timelines/character histories/etc without having to go into a thread that might be full of spoilers for the latest game. However, having a lot of threads like this in the news section that aren't actually spoilery news or something like Let's Play would bog a lot of stuff up, which is why they have been historically locked. We were wondering though if the Zelda fanbase would be willing to try creating a Community thread dedicated to discussing the series with rules and norms (regarding spoilers and stuff) set by the community itself. Don't worry, you could still have all the Zelda type threads you currently have in the Gaming section of the forum, this would just be an additional thread for more general discussion.

Any thoughts?

Community threads are a great idea, but rather than have sub forums, maybe have two official threads for each series/franchise. One Spoiler, One Non-Spoiler. Perhaps assign moderators who also have a passion for the games to oversee them.

LALALALALALA TOO MANY SPOILERS NOW, NEW THREAD TIME.

Also,

Nirolak said:

Any thoughts?

Sounds good - it'd help keep certain discussions in one place and keep spoilers from leaking out in random threads like before.

I approve.

I updated the op with Nintendo power info. It's more detailed than the other thread. I also added the opening trailer with the translation in spoilers. Not sure if already known but you can still
roll
in the game.

Touch

Nirolak said:

Any thoughts?
I like this, I like this a lot.

ASIS

Lord_Byron28 said:
I updated the op with Nintendo power info. It's more detailed than the other thread. I also added the opening trailer with the translation in spoilers. Not sure if already known but you can still
roll
in the game.
It's been known for quite a while now, just shake the nunchuck while you're dashing and voila!

Top Bottom