• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Pre-Order Details and Collector’s Edition

Need to preorder the Wii U version.
Like NOW!

Hopefully I can get the Collector's Edition for it as well.
I wouldn't hold your breathe.. the PC isn't getting the collector's edition it seems. WiiU version seems highly unlikely. They're so heavily reliant on downloadable content these days, which the WiiU doesn't appear to support yet.

edit. Well PC version is getting limited edition in Europe so scratch that. Amazon.com just not stocking it. And Amazon is listing the WiiU version as coming limited edition. Maybe they're literally printing another disc with the extra content?

AliensColonialMarinesCollectorsLarge.png

netBuff

Randy said it's the best console version. Would he care enough to lie? Real concern is if anyone plays it multiplayer after CoD's numbers.

No developer has ever lied about which console version of their game is supposed to be the best for marketing purposes!

You really can't devise such facts from PR statements.

Meesh

So, is there a limited edition for the Wiiu or not? Kinda confused...either way ill need to buy an extra copy.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I wouldn't hold your breathe.. the PC isn't getting the collector's edition it seems. WiiU version seems highly unlikely. They're so heavily reliant on downloadable content these days, which the WiiU doesn't appear to support yet.

On the main page of the eShop there is an option to redeem codes.

netBuff

On the main page of the eShop there is an option to redeem codes.

That doesn't mean the console does support DLC content.

There was a Nintendo press release shortly after the Wii U's release that stated that DLC wasn't supported by the system at that point, and they promised a system update to be coming in December that was to add in the missing functionality. As that hasn't happened, the reasonable assumption is that Nintendo is running late and therefore publishers can't rely on being able to implement the functionality for their game.

deviljho

No developer has ever lied about which console version of their game is supposed to be the best for marketing purposes!

You really can't devise such facts from PR statements.

Yeah. It's complete nonsense and the fact that Mikey was asked very specifically and directly about Randy's comments recently and pretty much replied, "uhh yeah, the motion sensor's on the gamepad, it'll be cool"

bargain bin for me (if it has some kind of online community or meaty single player/couch co-op)

VariantX

There was a Nintendo press release shortly after the Wii U's release that stated that DLC wasn't supported by the system at that point, and they promised a system update to be coming in December that was to add in the missing functionality. As that hasn't happened, the reasonable assumption is that Nintendo is running late and therefore publishers can't rely on being able to implement the functionality for their game.

Ninja gaiden has been getting dlc left and right

Randy said it's the best console version. Would he care enough to lie? Real concern is if anyone plays it multiplayer after CoD's numbers.

Developers said the same thing about PS3 versions of their games, but it very rarely ended up being true.

Not that i think the developers are lying exactly, but sometimes unforeseen issues arise so you really can't be sure about peformance until the game launches.

That said, even if there are minor performance differences using the Gamepad as a motion tracker should make the Wii U version the definitive console version!

Gen X

I guess that all depends on your definition of dlc. I you mean pre order/Limited Edition codes then I can't see why not if it's just a code. If however you're talking about add on content at a later date like map packs etc then we'll just have to see.

For the record the WiiU version of Aliens:CM ships with the added content (movie characters, Ripleys flamethrower etc).

http://www.ozgameshop.com/wii-u-games/aliens-colonial-marines-limited-edition-game-wii-u
Product Description
This is a pre-order - the item will be despatched to you on or before the release date of 12/02/2013 - subject to change by the publisher.
Please note WiiU titles are not compatible with the standard Nintendo Wii
LIMITED EDITION BONUS CONTENT CONTAINS:
Four movie characters
Ripley's Flamethrower
Additional marine customization

netBuff

I guess that all depends on your definition of dlc. I you mean pre order/Limited Edition codes then I can't see why not if it's just a code. If however you're talking about add on content at a later date like map packs etc then we'll just have to see.

For the record the WiiU version of Aliens:CM ships with the added content (movie characters, Ripleys flamethrower etc).

http://www.ozgameshop.com/wii-u-games/aliens-colonial-marines-limited-edition-game-wii-u

The Wii U doesn't support DLC at this point, it may at the time of Alien's release. Adding exclusive content via a pre-order code is not possible without Nintendo's help, that's why Nuketown wasn't included for Black Ops 2 Wii U.

Whether Aliens: CM for Wii U includes extra content or not is still unclear at this point, retailer listings are basically worthless in this respect. But it seems likely.

That said, even if there are minor performance differences using the Gamepad as a motion tracker should make the Wii U version the definitive console version!

Seeing the motion tracker on the TV screen seems much more convenient and sensible from a gameplay perspective.

deviljho

Seeing the motion tracker on the TV screen seems much more convenient and sensible from a gameplay perspective.

Gonna have to disagree with that. Just my opinion - It's more realistic and immersive to have it on the 2nd screen. Having it on the TV is "convenient" but that doesn't necessarily imply the gameplay is better or more sensible. But I'd agree that it just boils down to what you think is fun - who knows there might be an option to display it on the TV and play with the pro controller.

Gen X

Well she was kinda busy after Aliens... You know the whole being sleeping for a "couples" of years? This game is the direct canon sequel of Aliens and is before Alien 3.

Yeah but by that theory if Ripley was "busy sleeping" then three of those were busy being dead, while Hicks was sleeping too. :p

Rubius

Yeah but by that theory if Ripley was "busy sleeping" then three of those were busy being dead, while Hicks was sleeping too. :p

Ah you were talking for Multiplayer maps? Oh, yeah they could put Ripley. I hope they fixed the balance of Aliens multiplayer. Last time I played, the aliens had a giant warrior tank alien that could crash through walls and destroy us in like 2 strike.
And then one of our group asked the devs if the humans might get something similar like a Mech and they smiled and said "You will see".

Toa TAK

Banned
They seriously didn't think about Ripley? Are they waiting for her as DLC? I'm sure Weaver would love to come and do some voice work for her MP counterpart. Even if it means recycling some of her (awesome) lines.

Rubius

They seriously didn't think about Ripley? Are they waiting for her as DLC? I'm sure Weaver would love to come and do some voice work for her MP counterpart. Even if it means recycling some of her (awesome) lines.

At the moment of the game, she was in hypersleep in direction to a jail planet full of male inmate with a double Y chromosome (XYY). She cannot be in the game as she was in space sleeping at the moment of the game and the game is trying to be 100% canon.
She could be in the multiplayer though.

deviljho

In the summer/fall of last year, there was an online petition over the lack of female characters in the MP. So if they didn't have ANY, then they wouldn't have Ripley.

She could be in the multiplayer though.

I'm sure that's was almost everyone is talking about here.

I'm more interested in the replayability of it that I am the length. In fact, a shorter game could work out better (for me) in the long run, as I could bust it out and blow through it on a weekend after one of my regular re-watches of Aliens. If it was 20-hours long I'd probably go through it once and then never bother again.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Even EBgames have '12 February' for all versions except the Wii U, which is 'TBC'.

What a joke. I'll pick up the PS3 one instead, if the impressions are good.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
So, apart the LE info that I'm not interested in, is it official that the Wii U version will be out at a later date?

Tankshell

I really hope this is the game to finally do the Aliens universe (Aliens, (the 2nd film in the franchise) the movie in particular) justice.

I kinda want this to be great on PC, so that I can play it with the Oculus Rift kit in March (assuming some nice fellows make a compatible driver), that would blow my mind.

You know what? I just decided I'm not getting this game. At all.

The CE is $99 and in terms of digital goods, it includes Hicks, Hudson, Apone and Drake. It includes the pulse rifle, Ripley's flame thrower, "sonic electronic ball breakers,"

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these core fucking features that should be included in every version of a game about Aliens?

The CE is $99 and in terms of digital goods, it includes Hicks, Hudson, Apone and Drake. It includes the pulse rifle, Ripley's flame thrower, "sonic electronic ball breakers,"

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these core fucking features that should be included in every version of a game about Aliens?

I think they are all multiplayer pieces, not core to the narrative experience. I agree, that's a lot left out of a game called "Aliens."

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I think (I could be wrong) that those are only for multiplayer. But this is purely speculation as I haven't really seen much about this game. In fact that's what scares me most: I haven't seen much about this game. You'd think by now they would have released tons of media for this game, but all I can find are 1 minute long trailers that don't show anything. I'm going to wait for reviews on this.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
motion scanner on a second screen is such an obvious idea that you'd think MS would approach them to have it as a smartglass option (or possibly sony with crossplay with vita)

Meesh

Well she was kinda busy after Aliens... You know the whole being sleeping in Hypersleep and crashing into a planet? This game is the direct canon sequel of Aliens and is before Alien 3.
And dying, don't forget about that. :/

Top Bottom