• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Pre-Order Details and Collector’s Edition

Is that Xenomorph design used in the model with the Powerloader the one used in the game?

If so that means that this official game got the fucking design of the Xenomorph wrong.

The upright standing Xenomorph's legs didn't have that extra ankle until Alien 4 (Alien 3 Xenomorph was dog style and also had the extra ankle) when the designs started to take a turn for shit.

xenomorph_aliens_movie_alien_desktop_1912x1080_wallpaper-433764.jpg

Hicks was the most heroic of the four, plus he's Michael fuckin' Biehn so I might be leaning that way.

But Hudson is Hudson...and Apone is Apone.

Stupid Aliens with all your fun movie characters.

5amshift

Banned
Hicks is a playable! Yesss!
Also no Ripley in the Powerloader is disappointing. A huge iconic movie shot should not be rewritten like that.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
only reason I'm considering the WiiU version is if they do a motion tracker (gamepad/screen thing has a speaker right?). Almost don't care if its technically worse than PS3/360 (which it shouldn't be)

Curufinwe

I really hopes this game is good.

I just read an interview in the latest issue of Edge with two former developers on the game who quit to make mobile phone screensavers because working on Aliens: Colonial Marines had stressed them out to the point of being physically ill.

Taker666

only reason I'm considering the WiiU version is if they do a motion tracker (gamepad/screen thing has a speaker right?). Almost don't care if its technically worse than PS3/360 (which it shouldn't be)

There's a dev interview from E3 talking about the Wii U version.

They have a clip of the motion tracker on the controller and sound does come from it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hccFewCPxOs&t=1m7s

Looks like the Wii U controller can display the Motion Tracker,an overhead map,a database and be used as a scanner. It looks like there might some touchscreen puzzles as well (probably for opening doors etc).

Question: Is a Gearbox top team working on this or is it a B team / outsourced? If it's getting the same type quality and polish Borderlands 2 is getting it's a buy for me.

That CE has too much game content exclusive.

Main team. It got shelved during the development of Duke Nukem, but now they're back.

Scirrocco

Sorry if this is old, but i didn't see it posted anywhere else.

Looking through the Amazon pre-order page, they're now offering a new gun, the SHARP rifle, with their pre-order. It seems like there are more pre-order bonuses out there now then what was originally announced.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009K6YJTS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Customers who pre-order Aliens: Colonial Marines will receive "The S.H.A.R.P. Rifle" free. As referenced by Hudson in Aliens™ the prototype sonic-harpoon artillery remote projectile (S.H.A.R.P.) rifle fires time-delayed, explosive-tipped darts that embed themselves into enemies or terrain. This offer applies to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Anyone else seen any other new pre-order bonuses?

Man i am not happy seeing all these guns listed as exclusives. Multiplayer is looking a bit too pay to win.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
This post is half a bump to remind others that there is around 4 weeks left till the mission commences.

The other half is where is the damn WiiU release date? On the Nintendo website it just says "First Quarter 2013" which really only gives it a 6 week window after PS360 versions. Anyone heard a more accurate date at all?

jaaz

This post is half a bump to remind others that there is around 4 weeks left till the mission commences.

The other half is where is the damn WiiU release date? On the Nintendo website it just says "First Quarter 2013" which really only gives it a 6 week window after PS360 versions. Anyone heard a more accurate date at all?

I can't even find it the WiiU version on Amazon... *sigh* The WiiU as a motion tracker is to too cool to pass up, but I also don't want to wait forever...

HeySeuss

The last trailer I watched from a week or two ago ended with the release date and all of the game consoles logos including WiiU. I'd be surprised if it wasn't day and date considering the devas have gone on record saying the WiiU version is the best console version.

This is mine day 1. Will be getting this on Wii U. You just cant pass the motion tracker on the Wii U pad. Too bad theres no Vasquez. Its so funny that a white women plays a latin woman and most people dont know this.

Friggin' GameStop... Those preorder bonuses are too good.

Main thing I got out of this is that the Wii U version is still missing a release date, which is total crap. Should be day and date, dammit.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Is that Xenomorph design used in the model with the Powerloader the one used in the game?

If so that means that this official game got the fucking design of the Xenomorph wrong.

The upright standing Xenomorph's legs didn't have that extra ankle until Alien 4 (Alien 3 Xenomorph was dog style and also had the extra ankle) when the designs started to take a turn for shit.

xenomorph_aliens_movie_alien_desktop_1912x1080_wallpaper-433764.jpg
Yeah, I hate that stupid dog-leg design. So much for being faithful to the movie.

So - when is the Wii U version coming?

Effect

Yeah, I hate that stupid dog-leg design. So much for being faithful to the movie.

So - when is the Wii U version coming?

If a Wii U version is coming. Really doubt we'll get one and if we do it will be late and likely not contain everything. :(

Zep

Banned
Have there been any hands-on previews? Pretty quiet for something that comes out in a month.

Wii U versions already confirmed. Title in general has been very quiet recently.

We got a raft of previews around 12/11 that were somewhat mixed and nothing since. Would be good if we got more info about it, especially the Wii U version which we haven't seen since last E3.

BrhysH

There is also no WiiU logo's on the official site... :(

Edit** After looking closer the games being developed by Demiurge Studios and not Gearbox and wont be release on the same date.

Probably why the logo is not there.

I cancelled my pre-order for the 360 version and placed one the Wii U version instead. The stuff they are planning to do with the screen is way too cool. Not just the motion tracker, but like bypassing doors and whatnot.

No playable characters for me, sadly, but I do get a bandana that would give me the xenomorph jaws if I ever plan to rob a train.

Is the PS3 version Move-enabled? At Target, I noticed that they have preorder cards for it and I'm pretty sure I saw the Move logo on there. I could be wrong, though.

Also kind of surprised at people's reaction to Jenette Goldstein. She's an actress and good actors are malleable. It's not like buffing up for a role is unheard of either. Look at Christian Bale go from The Machinist to Batman Begins -- or even Linda Hamilton from Terminator to Terminator 2.

Terminator9.jpeg

Linda-Hamilton-Sarah-Conner-Terminator-21.jpg

Might go watch the movie again now. Timeless.

NateDrake

I cancelled my pre-order for the 360 version and placed one the Wii U version instead. The stuff they are planning to do with the screen is way too cool. Not just the motion tracker, but like bypassing doors and whatnot.

No playable characters for me, sadly, but I do get a bandana that would give me the xenomorph jaws if I ever plan to rob a train.

I'm waiting for the Wii U version also. Wish they would announce a release date for it

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Anyone getting a sinking feeling about the WiiU version. I know the tracker sounds great but the lack of positive information about the WiiU version is worrying.

Richie

Anyone getting a sinking feeling about the WiiU version. I know the tracker sounds great but the lack of positive information about the WiiU version is worrying.

The lack of information of any kind is certainly worrying. Especially considering how close it supposedly is to release. You'd assume Gearbox would take the lack of Wii U games' information as an advantage and advertise what could be the best version of a 3rd party multiplatform game as much as they can.

The lack of information of any kind is certainly worrying. Especially considering how close it supposedly is to release. You'd assume Gearbox would take the lack of Wii U games' information as an advantage and advertise what could be the best version of a 3rd party multiplatform game as much as they can.

There's a lack of press/marketing for the game in general. Okay, it's a few months off, but I mean, it's almost like it's sent to die.

I'm not worried about the presence of a Wii U version; I'm worried about the game's quality.

I'll probably still enjoy it on principle.

I'm getting the standard edition too. I can't justify spending all that extra money for a statue which I don't really have room for and could very likely be awful. Furthermore, all that extra stuff in there is junk that would collect dust on a shelf. I preordered at Gamestop so I'll be getting the multiplayer stuff anyway.

I hope this game is good.

8bit

Knows the Score
Play (among others) have the Wii U version dated for Feb 12 alongside the other versions. Anyone know if this is a realistic date?

Can you pose the powerloader? I'm still not sure about this game.. the previews have been fairly neutral to down on it.
Randy said it's the best console version. Would he care enough to lie? Real concern is if anyone plays it multiplayer after CoD's numbers.

Top Bottom