• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Pre-Order Details and Collector’s Edition

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
From Business Wire: http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ox-Consumer-Products-Announce-Aliens-Colonial

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SEGA® of America, Inc., Gearbox Software and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products today announced a Collector’s Edition and a GameStop-exclusive pre-order offer for its highly anticipated blockbuster Aliens: Colonial Marines™ video game, launching February 12, 2013 worldwide. Offering players a multitude of unique and exclusive content from the ALIENS universe, including four playable characters from the original 1986 movie for competitive multiplayer, the Collector’s Edition and the GameStop exclusive are available for pre-order today.

GameStop (North America) Exclusive Pre-Order Content for Competitive Multiplayer*:
  • Four Playable Movie Characters
    • Players will be able to fight for their squad’s survival and confront hordes of enemies as the original ALIENS film icons Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone.
  • Additional Marines Character Customization Options

• Ripley’s Flamethrower
The Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector’s Edition (US $99.99) is set to bring the ultimate ALIENS experience in one box.

Collector’s Edition*:
  • High Quality Resin Powerloader Figurine in Limited Edition Xeno Hive Box

• Four Playable Movie Characters
    • Players will be able to fight for their squad’s survival and confront hordes of enemies as the original ALIENS film icons Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake
      and Sergeant Apone.

• Additional Marines Character Customization Options

• Ripley’s Flamethrower

• Exclusive Multiplayer Weapons
    • Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers

• Phase Plasma Rifle

• Exclusive Game Level
    • USCM Academy Firing Range

• USCM Dossier
    • Mission Brief

• USS Sephora Schematic

• Recruitment Card

• LV-426 Recon Photo

• USCM Iron-on Badges

• USCM Graduation Certificate

Aliens: Colonial Marines will be available in stores across the globe on February 12, 2013 on PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. A release date for the announced Wii U™ version will be revealed at a later time.

aliens1n38jv.png

As awesome as that package is. Screw you SEGA! I'm not paying $99 for a video game just so I can play those characters and that is all I want from that package.

Only in gaming could 'sonic electronic ball breaker' turn into an actual weapon.

This sounds like AvP Collector's Edition part two.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Phase Plasma Rifle in the 40-watt range

072.jpg

Only in gaming could 'sonic electronic ball breaker' turn into an actual weapon.

You know that's from the movie, right?

I like Apone, but Vasquez should've been the fourth character. You can't have Drake without Vasquez.

M56-smart-gun-aliens.jpg

You know that's from the movie, right?

Of course. I saw it more as a display of the USCM's hubris - a 'look at all this shit we can fuck you up with'-type statement - rather than a literal weapon. Even as a weapon it doesn't sound like something an alien would have any problems with. I mean... do they even have ears?
I jest..

It's like a Taxi Driver game coming out and having a 'Lucky Punk Revolver' as a pre-order bonus. It's just a contrived attempt to appeal to fans of the series.

Sub_Level

Of course. I saw it more as a display of the USCM's hubris - a 'look at all this shit we can fuck you up with'-type statement - rather than a literal weapon. Even as a weapon it doesn't sound like something an alien would have any problems with. I mean... do they even have ears?
I jest..

Wii U will get the "sharp sticks" preorder bonus, if not the "Lambert's cattle prod" preorder bonus and the reskinned "Parker's Flamethrower That He Never Actually Used" preorder bonus.

Wii U will get the "sharp sticks" preorder bonus, if not the "Lambert's cattle prod" preorder bonus and the reskinned "Parker's Flamethrower That He Never Actually Used" preorder bonus.

They need something that they can stick on the controller's screen, a la Rayman Legends.

I'm okay with exclusive character skins and weapon skins. Not a big fan of exclusive multiplayer weapons. (Early unlocks are okay, I guess.)

Not that I'll play this multiplayer super competitively, but it's just a pet peeve.

It's just a contrived attempt to appeal to fans of the series.

Damn them for trying to appeal to fans of the series. Would you prefer it if they advertise it under a new name that fans won't recognize?

ElRenoRaven

I'm okay with exclusive character skins and weapon skins. Not a big fan of exclusive multiplayer weapons. (Early unlocks are okay, I guess.)

Not that I'll play this multiplayer super competitively, but it's just a pet peeve.

Damn them for trying to appeal to fans of the series. Would you prefer it if they advertise it under a new name that fans won't recognize?

Yea me either. Skins and what not I really don't care all said and done but locking weapons out for preorders through a certain retailer or for the Collectors edition is just bullshit I think. More so when I don't give a damn about all the extra crap in it.

I'm sticking with regular edition. Not sure which console yet. I'll wait till after E3 to decide because depending on what happens with the WII U I may be buying it on that instead of my 360.

I jest..

It's like a Taxi Driver game coming out and having a 'Lucky Punk Revolver' as a pre-order bonus. It's just a contrived attempt to appeal to fans of the series.

"lucky punk"? that's Dirty Harry. I think you mean the "are you looking at me revolver"

Taker666

Odd the Wii U version isn't mentioned. Either it's go to arrive later..or earlier.

..or they are going to bundle an Pulse Rifle Wii U Zapper with it as opposed to the Powerloader.

MMaRsu

Banned
I never fucking pre-order. shit is just too dumb all around.

You never know what store in your area might get it in first, or who might sell for the better price during a price match or whatever.

Pre-order bullshit like this fucking sucks :<

blurrygil

I like Apone, but Vasquez should've been the fourth character. You can't have Drake without Vasquez.

M56-smart-gun-aliens.jpg
THIS!

I never fucking pre-order. shit is just too dumb all around.

You never know what store in your area might get it in first, or who might sell for the better price during a price match or whatever.

Pre-order bullshit like this fucking sucks :<

Welp. Have fun missing out then...

Fuck.

YES.

Apone will have his revenge.

apone1.jpg

19310267_400x400.jpg

blurrygil

Not gonna lie, I'm hype for Ripley's Flame/Rifle. That's pretty legit.

No Ripley = God-tier character DLC

And the original Space Marines? Just so much frosting on the cake.

I'm very hype all in all. And yes, I'm a massive fan of the series. I need a pic of my collection of Aliens to post sometime soon. Including my original 1A Pulse Rifle used on the actual set. :-D

It's been confirmed for quite some time that the game will have several competitive multiplayer modes, such as a Left 4 Dead-style one where one side cotrols the Xenomorph's different mutations.

I think they've bitten off more than they can chew concerning multiplayer. They should've just stuck to 4 player co-op and made it the best, most tense co-op ever with lots of content and terrifying Xenomorphs.

Sub_Level

The cool thing is that Bill Paxton, Michael Biehn, Jenette Goldstein, and Mark Rolston are all alive and well, and I'm sure they'd all be up for dubbing.

Al Matthews (Apone) I'm not so sure about...

I think they've bitten off more than they can chew concerning multiplayer. They should've just stuck to 4 player co-op and made it the best, most tense co-op ever with lots of content and terrifying Xenomorphs.

I agree but I still have some faith that they'll pull it off. The development time for the game is just so damn long. That doesn't guarantee a quality product by any means, but judging from the playable builds and trailers shown, they're a good deal along.

Well, this game has been in development for an ungodly long time, so they've had lots of time to improve both the story and the multiplayer.

I've also heard rumours that the latest delay (Fall 2012 ---> February 2013) was due to Gearbox wanting the multiplayer to be absolutely flawless before shipping.

smr00

Banned
Wonder if the figure in the loader can be removed? i want to put my Rick Grimes figure in it and put a bunch of TWD zombie figures around it.

Top Bottom