• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2: 11 Minutes of New Gameplay - IGN First

IGN First for September is Remedy’s long-awaited Alan Wake 2. To kick things off we’ve got 11 minutes of brand new gameplay from an early mission played from the perspective of FBI Agent Saga Anderson.

Stay tuned all throughout the month as we’ll have plenty more gameplay and behind-the-scenes looks at Alan Wake 2 as we dive deeper into the Dark Place, Bright Falls, and everywhere in between.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
My policy with horror games they less I know the better, so I'm not gonna watch the footage but I'm hoping they improve enemy variety. I enjoyed first game but man half way through game the enemies become very boring to fight against and kind lost all fear factor.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Boring and I really really really don't care about that lady and I don't want to play as her.
Just as I didn't care to play as Atreus in Ragnarok.

Remedy magic is all gone.

She might do parkour, who knows
full

Holy moly that is some extraordinarily boring footage.

Can’t wait to slowly walk everywhere and have long stilted conversations.
Yeah was a bit underwhelmed myself. I found the acting off, seemed like there is a delay between the characters replying to each other. Maybe it's not the acting but a game issue? Odd though. Combat looks decent enough mind.

Mr.Phoenix

I played the first and didn't like it the last footage was better and had me intrigued...how about you just disagree instead of acting as if someone is trolling I don't troll this footage was just freaking boring to me
Obviously, I disagree. You looing at that footage and calling it boring, is like me going into a SF6 thread and saying the game is stupid cause there is too much violence.

I am really looking forward to this. Loved Alan Wake (on PC) but Quantum Break was.... okay (boring movie cutscenes and too many texts to read though). I just never really clicked with Control, which just felt to me like a remixed Quantum Break with a very similar feel and an incomprehensible plot (or at least one that I wasn't invested or interested in enough to want to make sense of), oh and boring, forgettable characters.

Skifi28

I love everything I've seen so far. I really dig how they incorporated elements from RE. The closer camera, inventory and gore really fit the game.

Bartski

Gold Member
Neat. I'm in. My only hope aside from seeing less fmv than Remedy suggests we will, is that the challenge in combat won't be all about not getting hit in the back from off-screen. Which is what made the first game age pretty bad... and which is what happens in this video around 5:02.

flying_sq

Either you didn't play the original, or you are trolling.

This is shaping up to be the exact type of game those of us that did wanted or expected.
I wanted more gameplay like the first game. Not horror survival. It was fun and didn't take it's self too seriously

simpatico

I was literally just thinking that gaming didn't have enough sassy girl bosses who subvert expectations and shatter preconceived notions!

I'm still in day 1 just because I love Remedy

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Yikes . Went from potential day one to hard wait and see.

I think every Remedy game I’ve never completed except Alan wake. I’ve found them all big time disappointments including AW1. I do think the studio is talented and that this sequel could fix the issues with the first game. This footage makes me think they introduced a slew of new problems AKA boring AF.

That said pacing is more important to contextualize this. Maybe you just completed a heart pounding scenario with lots of combat and then this is meant to slow it down and build back tension.

I’m not writing the game off even with my history with their games but man the more they show the worse this looks to want to actually play. Hope the full product is a winner.

Those who are expecting an action game will be disappointed. This game will be all about story and atmosphere and im all here for it

I mean ..Hopefully it'll have action too like the first one. I'm really curious how they'll improve the mediocre combat loop of the first game. Obvs the flashlight mechanic will be back

Schmendrick

They seemingly spent all of their budget on the visuals and forgot to put the gameplay into that game.
That looked incredibly boring and tedious for the most part, the combat passages felt downright clunky with that ridiculous aim assist the tank like movement and the whole hallway "arena" setup...
Now I remember why I dropped the first one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom