• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actress Allison Mack "Chloe Sullivan" from Smallville arrested for sex trafficking

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/20/entertainment/allison-mack-arrested/index.html
3aRo1aE.jpg

In summary, she was near the top of a pyramid cult/scheme called Nxivm (pronounced NEX-ium). Women would be branded on their pubic regions with the leader's initials, would be exploited for sex, etc. From other sources I've read that members would be kept as slaves, doing domestic chores as well as being blackmailed into having sex. Allison Mack was the co-creator of "The Source" which was a program within the organisation targeted toward actors.. The leader of this cult is a man named Keith Raniere and he was also arrested. There's obviously more in the article, so I suggest reading through it properly.

I don't normally make threads about things like this but I happened to be a fan of Smallville years ago and reading about this was just surprising. It's frightening how organisations like this exist and can get away with so much.

Fbh

Saw this on the news today in the morning.
I remember watching Smallville all the time back in like 2005. It's both sad and fucked up to see someone go from a promising career to basically owning and managing sex slaves

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
Tip of the iceberg.

It will be interesting to see if she starts naming names and implicating people to save her own skin. We already know that Hollywood has a sexual harassment issue, something tells me that quite a few well known people are worried right now.

ickythingz

Banned
Tip of the iceberg.

It will be interesting to see if she starts naming names and implicating people to save her own skin. We already know that Hollywood has a sexual harassment issue, something tells me that quite a few well known people are worried right now.
This.

She probably won't live long enough divulge much.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
TIL Allison Mack is married to Nikki Clyne, two of my favorite crushes in the early 2000s. What a clusterfuck. That guy seems to have brainwashed these women some fucking how and made a slave harem. It's extremely bizarre.

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
I do have to seriously wonder how many well known people are involved. It takes money to run this sort of operation and that money has to come from somewhere.

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
I think we'd be surprised by how much human trafficking goes on in the US today, and I'm talking about women being forced into prostitution either. Although that certainly happens a great deal. I'm talking about women and children being held against their will for the sole purpose of sex.

I used to think "Pizzagate" was a really far fetched conspiracy theory but then I read about people like Allison Mack and I'm not so sure anymore.

Goddamn this is really fucked up. I heard about this months ago and I hoped this was just some hoax or misunderstanding... but nope... it's actually real. What in the flying fuck, man. :(

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
If not for scientology, this might of surprised me.
I can't really think of any cult news without thinking of Scientology. I imagine that they're what every cult aspires to. That said, it seems like Nxivm got further than most.

-Minsc-

Hopefully this is one of the many steps for those involved, from the "goods" to the leaders, to be free of this mess.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Sounds like she was brainwash by this Raniere guy, I've seen loads of articles now and seen the videos which she seems smitten by him, and the video posted everywhere of her chasing the police when he was arrested (which she actually doesn't? I don't get that, getting clicks maybe? ) she looked confused.
Shame, seems like she was a victim too.

Spheyr

Banned
Sounds like she was brainwash by this Raniere guy, I've seen loads of articles now and seen the videos which she seems smitten by him, and the video posted everywhere of her chasing the police when he was arrested (which she actually doesn't? I don't get that, getting clicks maybe? ) she looked confused.
Most sex offenders/abusers were victims themselves at one point or another. It's a vicious cycle.

Geki-D

Banned
Most sex offenders/abusers were victims themselves at one point or another. It's a vicious cycle.
This isn't exactly true, but either way it hardly applies because she isn't being accused of abusing/assaulting the people herself.

kunonabi

A damn shame. She was one of the best parts of the show during the first 8 seasons. Hopefully, she can do her time and get her mind right.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
somebody save me

on topic: i was reading a few articles about this and I guess Kristin Kreuk was also a founding member but then dipped out early?

Zog

Banned

Ah yes, blame the nearest man when a woman does something wrong.

https://pagesix.com/2018/04/23/alli...e-emma-watson-and-kelly-clarkson-to-sex-cult/

Fnord

If the YouTube videos are still up, they're worth checking out just to see how screwed up this whole thing is. There's one with her "interviewing" the leader of the cult and it's super creepy.

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
Evidently her indictment has been unsealed and she's been accused of sex trafficking children.

Also, the Daily Mail is reporting that Raniere was having sex with girls as young as 12.

joshcryer

Ah yes, blame the nearest man when a woman does something wrong.

Yeah, that guy was just a normal alpha male chad who somehow was at fault for women being completely obedient to him and his MLM scheme, to the point where they recruited other women to be part of his harem and they were the ones at fault for being so enamored with him that they recruited other women.

These women don't just be a fucking sex slave without some serious fucked up shit happening. Apparently this all happened overnight with the top girls. He mixed an MLM scheme with a sex cult. It's beyond bizarre. Of course she and others are culpable. But to say she and the others weren't brainwashed is silly. A lot of Morman women do really shitty stuff at the behest of their leaders. It's the same thing here as far as I'm concerned.

She will probably serve a few years and people will cry because the guy responsible for the cult will serve hard time. Allison was arrested to roll on this guy.

Read the indictment here: https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/p...zation-and-actor-indicted-sex-trafficking-and

John Day

Read a bit on the cult/company/entrepeneur thing this is. It’s crazy. I mean it has had connection with high profile people like the 14th Dalai Lama and such.

About “Chloe” being brainwashed to do this.... nah, she’s pretty much 2nd in command according to articles and info. Someone brainwashed wouldn’t reach that far.

There is all kinds of people in this world. Hopefully more info about all this is made clear in the future.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Why?

Why is it so hard to believe that she may be just as fucked up as Raniere is without being brainwashed?
She may well be, but she has been within the group for a long time before cult started according to ex members.
She was groomed for years, she cut off ties after few years with Kristin Kreuk after she left the group who she was close to
She became Infatuated with him and probably did do all the stuff she is accused of and is guilty, no one is saying she isn't.
but she is definitely not the same person that joined the group over a decade ago

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
but she is definitely not the same person that joined the group over a decade ago

I'm not trying to be argumentative but we don't know that.

Plenty of people have a public persona that is completely different from their private one. Likewise, many of people hide parts of themselves from the public because those aspects of their personality wouldn't be socially (or legally in this case) acceptable. It's just as likely that she became so involved with the group because it allowed her to be herself. No brainwashing required.

In cases like these there's an automatic assumption that the woman was somehow the victim, no matter what she actually did. Words like "grooming" and "brainwashing" are used a lot to excuse the behavior when the fact is, she's evil no matter how you look at it.

Grinchy

Banned

Plenty of people have a public persona that is completely different from their private one. Likewise, many of people hide parts of themselves from the public because those aspects of their personality wouldn't be socially (or legally in this case) acceptable. It's just as likely that she became so involved with the group because it allowed her to be herself. No brainwashing required.

In cases like these there's an automatic assumption that the woman was somehow the victim, no matter what she actually did. Words like "grooming" and "brainwashing" are used a lot to excuse the behavior when the fact is, she's evil no matter how you look at it.
Yeah, you'd never see someone get on here and say that there must be some reason why the man involved did all of this. Maybe he was "brainwashed" by someone else too? Or nah...he's a man, so it makes sense that he'd be inherently evil. "Women are so great, and I respect them so much, that I'm going to just assume that a woman who did something this horrible had to be corrupted by an evil man."

joshcryer

Why?

Why is it so hard to believe that she may be just as fucked up as Raniere is without being brainwashed?

Because there's no history of this with her, yet there is a long history of it with Raniere. NXIVM is an MLM scam and the people at the top of MLMs are freakishly manipulative, that's how they extract money from people, they give them a big vision for some thing and then people just throw money at it.

There is absolutely no evidence that Allsion Mack was some psychotic brainwashing nympho during the Smallville show, it would've got out so quick it's not even funny. Her "private persona" was secluded and distant, in fact when Smallville ended she wound up saying in an interview that she didn't know where to go from there because she had spent most of her young adult life on the show. Which prompted her to join Nxvim.

As far as "grooming" and "brainwashing" it's verbiage used in the court documents. If the two Jane Does can claim to have been groomed by Raniere and Alison why can't Alison claim to be groomed by Raniere? As that is almost certainly going to be her defense, and why she's rumored to be currently in a plea deal.

I say that this is bizarre because it's not usually the case where women just suddenly start worshiping a guy and being part of his harem, especially outside of cult or religious groups. I mean these women were quite literally branding one another to prove their loyalty. That's some insane shit.

This is not a normal person who is just evil on her own:

joshcryer

Last edited:

RPS37

Now there’s a Starz mini series about it.
I think I’m liking it better than the HBO doc.

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
Now there’s a Starz mini series about it.
I think I’m liking it better than the HBO doc.

I thought the HBO doc started slow and ended weak, but the middle episodes were good.

The Starz doc seemed like a cash grab by India and her mom so it's good to know it's decent.

oagboghi2

There really doesn't need to be so many documentaries bout this.
It comes off as a cash grab.

And no matter how many times these documentaries try, they can't make these victims look like anything else but stupid as hell. I mean, as dumb as a box of rocks.

xrnzaaas

I'm surprised Allison Mack is still alive, you'd think someone would suicide her already if the cult actually had high ranking members.

Top Bottom