• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A T-800 is out to kill you, who do you choose to protect you: Buffy Summers or Oliver Queen?

Who do you trust more with your life?

• Buffy Summers

Votes: 42 57.5%
  • Oliver Queen

Votes: 31 42.5%

• Total voters

donfonzie

ESDUgJc.jpg

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
What kind is that?
Formulaic TV catering to a select niche of the population?

Buffy was what made Supernatural and the various DC shows successful before they were even a thought or a dream.

Last edited:
What kind is that?
Supernatural/paranormal fiction TV shows

She hunts vampires as part of the main story arc, but the show is more often than not a monster of the week/fighting random paranormal shit sort of show

Kinda like how with x files the main storyline is aliens but the episodes in between cover everything

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Supernatural/paranormal fiction TV shows

She hunts vampires as part of the main story arc, but the show is more often than not a monster of the week/fighting random paranormal shit sort of show

Kinda like how with x files the main storyline is aliens but the episodes in between cover everything
Well, maybe it's great, I don't know. I remember the show back in the days, but I always thought it was a campy teenage girl sort of show, like a high school musical sort of thing.

Well, maybe it's great, I don't know. I remember the show back in the days, but I always thought it was a campy teenage girl sort of show, like a high school musical sort of thing.
If you like Supernatural, it would be right up your alley

If you don’t dig shows like that, you’ll prob not like it

It can be a bit campy but to me it’s part of Joss Whedon’s charm. I loved Firefly for the same reason.

Nobody_Important

Okay and what is wrong with that? I enjoy a shitload of anime aimed at kids like My Hero Academia.

Enjoying something aimed at a certain group that you don't belong to is nothing to be ashamed of.

MayauMiao

According to the Terminator reboots, I'll be dead anyway no matter how many times I was successfully protected.

So I pick Buffy with at least there is some opportunity to produce a little John Conner.

Teslerum

I’m guessing you’ve never watched the show? Buffy is quality TV. Easily the best show of its kind.
I have a love/hate relationship with Buffy.

Love the show till Season 3 (Season 2 being some of my favourite television ever), but Season 3 already was a mixed bag for me and from season 4 on can't stand it.

But yeah, its really good at its best.

Bragr

Banned
Okay and what is wrong with that? I enjoy a shitload of anime aimed at kids like My Hero Academia.

Enjoying something aimed at a certain group that you don't belong to is nothing to be ashamed of.
Sure, I don't mind what people watch.

But what do you think about my little pony and those fans? or people who enjoy that new doctor strange movie?

teezzy

Banned

Buffy is actually my favorite show ever lol (check my avatar), that and the spinoff: Angel

I understand your perspective though if you're just going by the show's name and the fact that it was a whole 90s WB thing.

It's like X-Files but with vampires and demons instead of aliens. The lore and writing are fantastic. Love both shows, but Buffy did it better imho.

But yeah, it isn't exactly something I advertise outside of my close friends IRL because of misconceptions like this lol. I get it.

teezzy

Banned

But what do you think about my little pony and those fans? or people who enjoy that new doctor strange movie?

Fwiw, Buffy is a lot different than MLP. Yes the star is female, but it isn't necessarily aimed at little girls.

Also not a Marvel movie guy whatsoever

xandaca

Depends if they have their teams behind them. If not, the answer is clearly Oliver Queen: he can attack from distance with a range of explosive and technologically enhanced arrows, including (as I recall) an EMP. He's also got tech enhancing his agility, his combat training by the League Of Shadows makes him arguably the most capable one-to-one fighter going, and his riches give him a vast network of physical and financial resources to rally against his enemies.

Buffy, on the other hand, flips burgers to scrape a living, was trained by a librarian and her choice of weapon is a small stick. While there's no doubt who'd be more aesthetically pleasing to hang out with, Buffy would be torn to shreds in seconds. She already had to get enormous help against a much less advanced cyborg in Adam.

However, if they have their teams behind them, Willow is a huge wild card in Buffy's favour. She's an all-powerful witch whose abilities appear almost unlimited, including the manipulation of time and reality. Oliver and his team have a lot of tech expertise, but it's ancient tech compared to the T-800 and would likely take them a long time to work out how to hack it. Willow could theoretically just open a portal into a volcano underneath the thing.

Thus ends my Very Serious Discussion for the day. Opinions open to changing depending on whether Buffy is wearing those tight leather trousers she was quite fond of.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Buffy has inhuman strength so she probably will stand a better chance.

teezzy

Banned
...says the one creating power fantasy topics about his preferred teenage drama vampire show.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Buffy is fantastic television. Among many critics' top all-time lists to this day, even in the streaming age. They teach college courses on Buffy ffs.

Continue to be as dismissive as you'd like, but I'm not the one taking the L here.

teezzy

Banned
Yeah, for people who refuse to grow up and run around like this thinking they are "badass" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This is just sad.

Dude, you fawn over Buffy like crazy, you've already taken the L.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the show. Just like I'm a big fan of Xbox and hockey. I don't see your point.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Buffy Summers, so we can smash after all the endorphin rushes of getting away.

Suspicious Buffy The Vampire Slayer GIF

I mean, look at that cute ass face!

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Nothing? People enjoy what people enjoy. If you want to be judgmental about what people watch there are way weirder and way dumber ways people spend their time watching stuff. Remember that there are people out there that unironically watch trash like "90 day fiance", The Kardashians, "Teen Mom" shows, or whatever other scripted celebrity/drama trash is out there.

Someone enjoying Buffy, the MCU or MLP is nothing.

Last edited:

Artoris

Gold Member
Nothing? People enjoy what people enjoy. If you want to be judgmental about what people watch there are way weirder and way dumber ways people spend their time watching stuff. Remember that there are people out there that unironically watch trash like "90 day fiance", The Kardashians, "Teen Mom" shows, or whatever other scripted celebrity/drama trash is out there.

I think the leader of the facless would win, but there needs to be a lot of sacrifice, from the lower ranks, for him to get away in the first place, and then he could work out a plan

teezzy

Banned

I'd like to think I'm a few evolutionary steps above a brony tbh

TheGrat1

Formulaic TV catering to a select niche of the population?

Buffy was what made Supernatural and the various DC shows successful before they were even a thought or a dream.
You do realize that there were comic book superhero TV shows before the people who made Buffy were even born, right? Hell, Dean Cain Superman and Buffy were on in the same year (1997).

Nobody_Important

You do realize that there were comic book superhero TV shows before the people who made Buffy were even born, right? Hell, Dean Cain Superman and Buffy were on in the same year (1997).
I am aware. That wasn't what I was saying.

I am saying that a supernatural hero based show like Buffy and its success is what revived the drive to make such shows in the mainstream.

GymWolf

They can both call someone who can deal with the terminator with magic/super powers so since the choice is mute, i go with the sexy chick.

Top Bottom