• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A T-800 is out to kill you, who do you choose to protect you: Buffy Summers or Oliver Queen?

Who do you trust more with your life?

• Buffy Summers

Votes: 42 57.5%
  • Oliver Queen

Votes: 31 42.5%

• Total voters

teezzy

Banned
A T-800 is out to kill you

19a82a06d93a3d620c5ec3277c27cd3e.gif

Who do you choose to protect you?

Buffy Summers

Buffy The Vampire Slayer GIF by Pop TV

or Oliver Queen?

stephen amell arrow GIF by CraveTV

You read the thread title. Now answer the dang poll :messenger_angry:

killatopak

I'm only familiar with a T-800.

I recognize both combatants but I don't know or watched any of their show.

Oliver Queen I guess. I know Buffy deals with supernatural shit and how will she deal with tech.

Also is the T-800 a T101 arny model or a generic one? Former has shit ton of plot armor.

teezzy

Banned
I'm only familiar with a T-800.

I recognize both combatants but I don't know or watched any of their show.

Oliver Queen I guess. I know Buffy deals with supernatural shit and how will she deal with tech.

Also is the T-800 a T101 arny model or a generic one? Former has shit ton of plot armor.

Buffy has experience with tech

K28g.gif

FtSQ.gif

Also idk different specific Terminator models, I'm not a nerd. Whichever one is in Terminator 1 lol

killatopak

Buffy has experience with tech

K28g.gif

FtSQ.gif

Also idk different specific Terminator models, I'm not a nerd. Whichever one is in Terminator 1 lol
Every T800 is the same. The model is just the specific skin that covers it. T101 is Arnold Schwarzenegger. He's pretty much in every Terminator. Of course being Arnold means a certain amount of plot armor is present that other models don't.

teezzy

Banned
Every T800 is the same. The model is just the specific skin that covers it. T101 is Arnold Schwarzenegger. He's pretty much in every Terminator. Of course being Arnold means a certain amount of plot armor is present that other models don't.

Oh that's what I meant then 🤣

Thank you

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Both would get instantly annihilated. Buffy has literally nothing that could help with a focus on melee attacks. Arrow at least can shoot from short to medium distances and theoretically attach some kind of explosives to his arrows, but he's still just shooting fucking arrows at an invincible robot that's an expert in firearms and explosives.

Isn't Oliver rich? The best thing you could do with these two is just hide in some mansion somewhere while Oliver pays the bills. Just live off the grid. You'd have to completely destroy all records connected to you even after your death so you can't be found in the future.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Buffy DOES have super strength... None of y'all remember her bending a shotgun?

But I'd have Oliver protect me. He's got trick arrows and other weapons to take out a T-800. Plus one good explosive arrow to eye would do the job.

bender

What time is it?
I know what a T-800 is but not sure who Sabrina the Teenage Witch or emo Robin Hood is. I'm going to go with Tony Jaa.

RkzfzFW.gif

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Although it was considered a formidable opponent on the battlefield and highly feared by its enemies, the T-800 was far from invulnerable. For one, .50 Browning Machine-Gun caliber rounds or armor piercing bullets made of depleted uranium can penetrate its endoskeleton, disabling and even destroying the unit.[12][15] Extreme forces, such as intense explosions, could permanently dislocate limbs and disrupt the internal frame, possibly even destroying it. A pipe bomb jammed between its joints, for instance, can blow a T-800 in half. Nevertheless, the upper half torso can remain functional albeit with a severed left arm.[5] Razor-sharp edges such as metallic pipes, steel rods, or shrapnel can pierce into the endoskeleton armor plate if propelled with sufficient force, disabling the cyborg,[8][12] and even decapitating it (possibly because it could be weakened by a combination of molten steel and liquid nitrogen[11].)

Source: https://terminator.fandom.com/wiki/T-800#Weaknesses

Oliver Queen has the ability to take this thing out.

teezzy

Banned
Buffy DOES have super strength... None of y'all remember her bending a shotgun?

But I'd have Oliver protect me. He's got trick arrows and other weapons to take out a T-800. Plus one good explosive arrow to eye would do the job.

Yeah seems like a lot of homies are discounting Oliver in this. Dude's as legit as they come. He may not have slayer strength, but he's Batman tier in terms of various martial arts and ultimate resourcefulness. He's also far handier with a bow and arrow 😅

Buffy, on the other hand, is comparable strength wise to Captain America levels. She's been quick enough to dodge a bullet or two in her day, and has a healing ability a la Wolverine but not nearly as quick or effective.

IFireflyl

Gold Member

Lol. They straight up had to steal that RPG. And the T-800 reaction times are WAY better than what Buffy was shooting at. Buffy hasn't gone up against an android/cyborg/robot like the T-800 before. Which isn't to say that she couldn't win, but I'd pick Oliver Queen over her any day of the week against a T-800. He's just so much better equipped to handle this particular adversary.

teezzy

Banned
Lol. They straight up had to steal that RPG. And the T-800 reaction times are WAY better than what Buffy was shooting at. Buffy hasn't gone up against an android/cyborg/robot like the T-800 before. Which isn't to say that she couldn't win, but I'd pick Oliver Queen over her any day of the week against a T-800. He's just so much better equipped to handle this particular adversary.

I honestly think they'd both smoke a Terminator with the right gear. It wasn't until this thread, where others had doubts, that I even considered the T-800 would defeat either one. It'd be a fun fight to see.

Trunx81

She fought Adam. And one of her powers are the Scooby gang. Therefore they have a werewolf, technically a dog who can sniff out the Terminator. And magic. Willow would just skin Arnold alive.

lachesis

Neither. I only go with proven record.
humstGK.jpg

2nd Sukeban Deka, Yoko Godai - aka Saki Asamiya.

On her "retired" senior year in highschool, she fought...

eDHGYNk.jpg

A cyborg high-school principal.

enVvEdy.jpg

Basically a Japanese T800. ;)

.. and I was a big fan of Yoko Minamino back in 80s. ;)

Teslerum

She fought Adam. And one of her powers are the Scooby gang. Therefore they have a werewolf, technically a dog who can sniff out the Terminator. And magic. Willow would just skin Arnold alive.
Was just about to say this. She did already beat a knock-off Terminator even if she had to power-up for it.

Top Bottom