• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

85% of Playstation Studios Games still unannounced

Papacheeks

Banned
The show isnt exclusive. It's on Xbox. And even on Game Pass too. And this year on Switch.

What does the game being made at Sony San Diego have to do with a game being classified as multiplat or not? A first party game can be multiplat.

They publish and make it? What does it matter that its on other platforms? So take MLB out of the conversation. That leaves you with still a bunch of super high quality titles Sony has put out in past couple years. Consistently. But everyone in here is down playing literally them putting out high quality games in 2020, 2021, and now in 2022?

And all we get is people bitching, and people deflecting that Sony still has tons of unreleased titles.

Literally Spiderman 2 is next year on top of other studio games for PSVR2 and PS5 itself. It's like people think Sony is sleeping at the wheel?

Swift_Star

Banned
The Daily Show Wtf GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
The lengths these people go to be concerned and spin something as negative is amusing.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The lengths these people go to be concerned and spin something as negative is amusing.

You seem to be the most concerned in this thread, with how much you are desperately trying to dismiss any criticism or unease folks are feeling in regards to your personal favorite little plastic box.

Kokoloko85

Again:
Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

They know what they're doing, unlike you.

We will see. Big companies make big mistakes all the time. Im sure they thought they knew what they were doing with the whole PS3 start too……

Xbox also made some great choices since 360…. You know, the Xbox one totally sold the same as 360….. very smart

Going of % of games showed total is very dumb. That could be that 8 out of 10 games haven't been shown yet and they'd be 80%. 10 out of 20 would be 50% silly statement that doesn't actually tell us anything. It's obvious stuff is being worked on lol.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
We will see. Big companies make big mistakes all the time. Im sure they thought they knew what they were doing with the whole PS3 start too……

Xbox also made some great choices since 360…. You know, the Xbox one totally sold the same as 360….. very smart
Season 1 Concern GIF by Good Girls Revolt

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They publish and make it? What does it matter that its on other platforms? So take MLB out of the conversation. That leaves you with still a bunch of super high quality titles Sony has put out in past couple years. Consistently. But everyone in here is down playing literally them putting out high quality games in 2020, 2021, and now in 2022?

And all we get is people bitching, and people deflecting that Sony still has tons of unreleased titles.

Literally Spiderman 2 is next year on top of other studio games for PSVR2 and PS5 itself. It's like people think Sony is sleeping at the wheel?
What does that have to do with your first reply to the other guy?

All the other guy said is The Show is not an exclusive game anymore. And he's right it's not. Xbox has had it for two years in a row, made by Sony. And even Switch got it this year.

Your response to him and me is its a first party game made by Sony San Diego and you bring up Spiderman 2.

What does that have to do with being an exclusive franchise or not?

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
What does that have to do with your first reply to the other guy?

All the other guy said is The Show is not an exclusive game anymore. And he's right it's not. Xbox has had it for two years in a row, made by Sony. And even Switch got it this year.

Your response to him and me is its a first party game made by Sony San Diego and you bring up Spiderman 2.

What does that have to do with being an exclusive franchise or not?

The way people are responding including you is that Sony isn't putting out enough games? When in fact internally regardless if the game is on everything they have consistently put out games. Take mlb out of the equation, and you still are left with them releasing games throughout 2020,2021,2022. With 2022 being the bigger year with GT7, FORBIDDEN WEST, and god of war.

It like people have revisionist history.

My entire point regardless was Sony internally makes MLB and puts it out every year. We are talking about a platform/company's output. Thats what the OP is about, are the other studios not accounted for project wise. And a bunch of the regular astroturfers are in here downplaying the past 2 years of releases seen on first page of this thread.

Sony has a lot in the pipeline thats not announced. But people in here are downplaying how many games they have put out, on top of all the studios/projects they have unannounced.

Because of a free update? Course that's going to be talked about.
Get over yourself

People like Maximilliondood and others who watched streamed SOP, all noted in their video how good Horizon still looks, as in amazed at the fidelity of that game. It will be referenced throughout this year and into next by Digital Foundry among others. It's a ever green title, it continues to chart when there's stock.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The way people are responding including you is that Sony isn't putting out enough games? When in fact internally regardless if the game is on everything they have consistently put out games. Take mlb out of the equation, and you still are left with them releasing games throughout 2020,2021,2022. With 2022 being the bigger year with GT7, FORBIDDEN WEST, and god of war.

It like people have revisionist history.

My entire point regardless was Sony internally makes MLB and puts it out every year. We are talking about a platform/company's output. Thats what the OP is about, are the other studios not accounted for project wise. And a bunch of the regular astroturfers are in here downplaying the past 2 years of releases seen on first page of this thread.

Sony has a lot in the pipeline thats not announced. But people in here are downplaying how many games they have put out, on top of all the studios/projects they have unannounced.
When did I say Sony has hardly any games coming?

Sony even publicly gave gamers an idea how many games are coming out with their bar charts. So that's what people are going on (assuming the gaffer read those charts).

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
When did I say Sony has hardly any games coming?

Many people are downplaying what Sony has put out.

I remember Hurst or Ryan saying half of 25 new games are new IPs. So assuming they didn't fudge the numbers that means 12 or 13 are new IPs.

There's going to be a slew of new first party VR2 games made, plus all the GAAS MP games, which seem classified as 100% new IP. So that will probably eat up most of them.

Then there's unannounced sequels which is pretty obvious games like UC5, LOU3, The Show 2023 are easy ones to assume are in development. If half of the games are new IP and half are existing, then there's also 12-13 sequels.

One thing that I think is undetermined is how many of the existing games being made are PC ports. If Hurst/Ryan are bundling in PC ports into the number, that might be 5 games alone. Spiderman and MM might be 2 games right there.
The number of brand new SP focused games will be few. Maybe a couple tops.

The highlighted is so untrue.

Bend is on a new IP, Firepsrite is making twisted metal, London is on a new IP, Naughty Dog on top of current projects has a new IP, Cory Barlog has a new IP, Sucker punch is working on a sequel to Ghost but also has another project. GG has a new shooter they are making. Insomniac is making a sequel to spiderman 2, wolverine and a multiplayer game set in marvel universe possibly(rumor). Pixopus is supposedly working on Sly cooper new title. Housemarque is now on a new IP. Bluepoint is working on 2 projects.

There is a lot in the pipe. And a lot of them are original IP.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Many people are downplaying what Sony has put out.

The highlighted is so untrue.

Bend is on a new IP, Firepsrite is making twisted metal, London is on a new IP, Naughty Dog on top of current projects has a new IP, Cory Barlog has a new IP, Sucker punch is working on a sequel to Ghost but also has another project. GG has a new shooter they are making. Insomniac is making a sequel to spiderman 2, wolverine and a multiplayer game set in marvel universe possibly(rumor). Pixopus is supposedly working on Sly cooper new title. Housemarque is now on a new IP. Bluepoint is working on 2 projects.

There is a lot in the pipe. And a lot of them are original IP.
No have no idea like the rest of us what all these games are among the 25 aside from known games like Wolverine, Spiderman 2 and another the Show. So far it looks like Wolverine is the only SP new IP.

And Hurst said those games are 50/50 new IP/existing. To me, I think most of these new IP games will be GAAS or mobile or PSVR2.

Since you think the opposite, that means you think most of the new IPs are SP narrative kinds of games, and the games based on existing franchises are GAAS, mobile or PSVR2. Maybe. Maybe not.

The only thing we do know is how many are split across the bar charts and the latest article someone posted saying their GAAS games are up to 12 in development by 2026.

Unless you can prove to all of us your knowledge what titles are being made and if it's a GAAS or non-GAAS, you have zero idea too.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
No have no idea like the rest of us what all these games are among the 25 aside from known games like Wolverine, Spiderman 2 and another the Show. So far it looks like Wolverine is the only SP new IP.

And Hurst said those games are 50/50 new IP/existing. To me, I think most of these new IP games will be GAAS or mobile or PSVR2.

The only thing we do know is how many are split across the bar charts and the latest article someone posted saying their GAAS games are up to 12 in development by 2026.

Unless you can prove to all of us your knowledge what titles are being made and if it's a GAAS or non-GAAS, you have zero idea too.

Again its like the last 2 years dont count. Literally the past 2 years has been Single player games. If you think thats going to stop then I don't know what I can say that will change your mind. If you think your not going to continue to get sp games then you really have not been paying attention. Some of the studios including Bungie are making games that are single player in nature. It just Sony is trying to even out their output so that they have a mix of titles each fiscal instead of just 2-3 single player games and nothing else to play after your done with those experiences.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Again its like the last 2 years dont count. Literally the past 2 years has been Single player games. If you think thats going to stop then I don't know what I can say that will change your mind. If you think your not going to continue to get sp games then you really have not been paying attention. Some of the studios including Bungie are making games that are single player in nature. It just Sony is trying to even out their output so that they have a mix of titles each fiscal instead of just 2-3 single player games and nothing else to play after your done with those experiences.

Single Player doesn’t mean it can’t still be a GAAS. Look at almost any Ubisoft game these days and GAAS titles tend to suck ass 9 times out of 10. Very few GAAS titles are genuinely fun, entertaining, or… well *good* in any way.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I never said they'd stop making SP games. I said I think their new IP SP games will be few. I never said they'd stop making existing franchise SP games.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I am not sure about that since there's going to be a new business units within.
Yeah ain't happening. Even the PC game games nixxes is porting. So no not gonna happen.
Some of you act like playstation mobile games is unprecedented lol

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Yeah ain't happening. Even the PC game games nixxes is porting. So no not gonna happen.
Some of you act like playstation mobile games is unprecedented lol

Well I wouldn’t say that ain’t happening, but ok. I’ll just say I will support whatever Playstation Studios will be cooking for the mobiles.

Gonna be a bunch of failed live service games.

why ? this is 2022. not 2007. all these Playstation studios had time to learn the whole ps4 generation.
Insomniac is making a live service game and they have been on a roll since Sunset Overdrive.
to think all 12 games will fail...

That's correct. Because nobody talks about it anymore.

is somebody talking about Elden Ring, Dying Light 2 or Sifu ? why would you talk about a singeplayer game that came in February ?
I'm in Horizon facebook group and people are talking about it every day but then you would say that no one cares about facebook groups, right ?

Hezekiah

Banned
Some of then are mobile games too

Well they can always release their games day 1 on PC to make up for the loss. Meanwhile PC players will buy and play them in between the Xbox and PC games.

They literally showed Spider-Man during State of Play and also announced Miles Morales PC in Fall 2022 yesterday. That’s 2.

Oh I see. But they are also releasing mobile and PC games now.

Well I wouldn’t say that ain’t happening, but ok. I’ll just say I will support whatever Playstation Studios will be cooking for the mobiles.

Yup, indeed its a sure thing. Always glad to support Playstation Studios' mobile initiatives in addition to PC.
f95.jpg

Going of % of games showed total is very dumb. That could be that 8 out of 10 games haven't been shown yet and they'd be 80%. 10 out of 20 would be 50% silly statement that doesn't actually tell us anything. It's obvious stuff is being worked on lol.
I don't understand your point, it's just an estimation. You can safely assume that any studio that hasn't shown something is working on at least one game (we also have info on some that are working on multiple projects). The only thing that is hard to know about are second-party/third-party deals (but we know about some of them too).

This situation is very unique because Sony is much bigger as a publisher now and also much more conservative as far as announcing things in advance. Very different from MS in that regard as MS didn't hold back in announcing games that had barely entered development in the past few years, completely different strategies. I don't exactly understand why Sony is being so secretive or why they changed so much in the past few years in that regard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom