• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8 yr old boy saves 6 in a fire, dies trying to save 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
risking your life to save someone already makes you a hero regardless of the outcome.

but doing it successfully 6 times makes you a super hero.

My smoke detector woke me up in the middle of the night a few weeks ago for no god damn reason. I took out the battery.

This thread is reminding me to put the battery back in.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Tyler:

XAWG9bx.jpg

RIP little man.

Enron

Banned
There were 4 adults and not one of them decided to stop the kid from going back in or try themselves to go save the grandfather instead of the 8 year old?

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt in saying they were confused and lost track of him.

CNN article earlier today said that he broke away from his Aunt who was trying to hold him back.

Jacob

Wow, that's both heartbreaking and also inspiring. RIP Tyler. Definitely a heroic act; he deserved to have many years ahead of him.

Savitar

Brave little kid, according to what was said he reached his grandfather and actually was holding him.

The kid and grandfather were the best of friends according to relatives.

I imagine for a parent such stories even bear greater weights.

So sad, watched this on CNN earlier. He was very brave to do what so few would have done. I hope his family is able to find peace, and in time, heal the heartache of their loss.

If I were in his shoes I would like to say I would have done the same thing.

I think they said on the report the family was taking donations to help cover funeral costs.

Rajack

That little man is a bigger hero than the vast majority of us could ever hope to be. May his soul find eternal rest.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
They gave Tyler a Firefighter's funeral. Very classy of them.

The heroic boy from upstate New York who saved six relatives but died trying to save his grandfather from a blaze was honored with a full firefighter's funeral Wednesday.

Firefighters stood at attention in Class A dress uniforms as bagpipers played traditional music.

Penfield Fire Chief Chris Ebmeyer presented the youngster's family with a fire helmet inscribed with his name, before declaring him to be an "honorary firefighter."

"This is a helmet we give to the family to symbolize that Tyler is indeed a part of the brotherhood of firefighters, as an honorary firefighter in Penfield," Ebmeyer told the Mass.

iD6oUY1.jpg

lmpaler

I read this last night on CNN myself, got me in the feels. To make it even more awesome is the funeral he got and even the college guys who came from another state to be there because they were so moved by what he did.

RIP little man, you are a true hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom