• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

57% of Gran Turismo 7's sales were digital last week in Uk

ClosBSAS

Are you tripping?
No, I am just saying u have no idea how the market works. How steam numbers work, how steamspy Patreon works. So...shhh.

Before u go saying they are not without any debatable truth all ur posts are just negative crap against the success of the game on PC.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
No, I am just saying u have no idea how the market works. How steam numbers work, how steamspy Patreon works. So...shhh.
Yeah I do. We done that with monster hunter world. Exactly the Same story and the usual people like you calling people mad for some arbitrary reason

ClosBSAS

Yeah I do. We done that with monster hunter world. Exactly the Same story and the usual people like you calling people mad for some arbitrary reason
Or the usual ppl like u...trying to say otherwise. Game is selling in the millions brah. Also, when monster hunter world came out steamspy didn't have it's new algorithm. So sales numbers were off by about 20% that's a big margin compared to it's new algorithm that's about 5%

Mr Hyde

I wonder how From will move forward with such a sales behemoth such as Elden Ring behind them. Sequels or new IP? Open world or a more linear approach to level design and enemy encounters? Either way, they have a great foundation to build upon. The Souls formula is amazingly flexible. It can literally fit into anything From Software chooses to do (if it's arpg that is and not, say, Armored Core) and still feel fresh and new.

SLB1904

Banned
Or the usual ppl like u...trying to say otherwise. Game is selling in the millions brah. Also, when monster hunter world came out steamspy didn't have it's new algorithm. So sales numbers were off by about 20% that's a big margin compared to it's new algorithm that's about 5%
Where in my post I said the game isn't selling millions? Why are u being weird lol
Also even with your 20% margin the numbers were way off from steampy

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I wonder how From will move forward with such a sales behemoth such as Elden Ring behind them. Sequels or new IP? Open world or a more linear approach to level design and enemy encounters? Either way, they have a great foundation to build upon. The Souls formula is amazingly flexible. It can literally fit into anything From Software chooses to do (if it's arpg that is and not, say, Armored Core) and still feel fresh and new.

Armored Core is next. Already screenshots out there. Elden Ring will absolutely get sequels since it’s by far their biggest seller.

Reactions: Isa

What the hell are you smoking? 5% margin of error? It wasn't even that low when he actually had access to the steam api

Fuck out of here lmao

Nothing else comes close to topping it from the current generation to date. And I'd agree with anyone calling it the best game since November of 2013 as well.
The best game from the past 10 years shouldn't be plagued with all the performance issues across all platforms as it is right now.

Portugeezer

We might be eating crow for shitting on the Gaffer who predicted ("calculated") Elden Ring would sell 20 million in a year.

We shall see brah. I am speaking the language of the u s of a. But all good, u can hate all u want. Elden ring is goty

1D6P7GX.gif

tmlDan

I said in the other thread Elden Ring wouldn't sell 20 million, im here to admit i am almost definitively wrong if it continues this pace.

YukiOnna

Not get hung up on it and continue to make games based on whatever fits. An Armored Core doesn't have to be an Elden Ring, for example.

I bought it digital and think it's great...Not £70 great though. Apart from 3 tracks it's all the same from Sport. It's got a nice user interface and it's gone back to it's roots which is cool obviously, but £70 for a facelift. 3 new tracks and some more cars? Sony need a reality check. I hope that the DLC is free which based on Sport I'm assuming will be the same. Sorry I know this is a sales thread but whatever. They won't keep buying games at £70 when they aren't true successors and don't contain the content is what I'm trying to say.
As someone that played both...what?

People are starting to mistake sequels with reboots i'm afraid.
This is the most complete Gran Turismo game ever. It's more of the same (as in driving) but better and more up to date.

What did you expect from a racing game?
How is this evolution different from GT5 to 6? Or GT3 to 4?

I was telling my therapist I was playing elden ring alot this past week and even this man who has 0 interest in gaming has heard of it. Never would i think a fromsoft game would be a house hold name. What a time to be alive.

edit: fromsoft

Last edited:
It's the greatest game I think I've ever played. Normally when you get 50 hours in to most games you've seen it all. In this you're barely scratching the surface and everything you stumble across is so meaningful and well put together. There are mini worlds within the open world, it's just astonishing.

If Elden Ring replaces GTA V as the never ending evergreen game then it will make me very happy.
72 hours in, only beat margrit, godrick and the witch lady...still no burnout...this game is easily the best game ever made for me surpassing bloodborne.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Xbox:pS ratio shortened?

W1: 41:29 (1.414:1)
W2: 42:32 (1.3125:1)

Will do the cumulative ratio now

Week 1
PS - 41
Xbox - 29 (1.414:1)
PC - 30
Week 1+2
PS - 41.38
Xbox - 30.14 (1.3729:1)
PC - 28.48

So most of the gains for Xbox came from the PC.

FlyyGOD

Like i said, should've launched it a month or two after horizon, i think the sales cannibalized themselves

Games are 60 or more after all, that's $180 in a single month, I'm sure lots of people who would've bought GT didn't because they already spend 120 in horizon and Elden ring or vice versa
Why would a multiple platform game wait a few months to drop to avoid Horizon? As we saw Elden Ring trounced Horizon.

SLB1904

Banned
Never would i think a bethesda game would be a house hold name.
go on lol

Why would a multiple platform game wait a few months to drop to avoid Horizon? As we saw Elden Ring trounced Horizon.

because playstation fans had to pick from the games, you have gt7, horizon, and elden in a spam of 2 weeks. that's insane, unheard of. i dont think will see anything like that anytime soon.

Last edited:

SeraphJan

Till this day I still don't quite understand people's obsession on stuff like Sales number, Critic Score, Top 10 lists, and How many award a game receive, etc.

Its not like these thing effects your gaming experience.

But I guess every aspect of things has its audience.

Last edited:
Till this day I still don't quite understand people's obsession on stuff like Sales number, Critic Score and How many award a game receive, etc.

Its not like these thing effects your gaming experience.

But I guess every aspect of things has its audience.
A game you like doing well is good. Coming from a fan of the gravity falls series you want your favorite games to do well.

Woopah

Wonder if we ever get sales numbers but cp2077 sold over 13m in launch window and elden ring definitely not selling worse xD
Dark Souls III did 3 million in its first month and 10 million after 4 years. Looks like Elden Ring is selling faster.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Interesting, but why surge this week?
And how did GT7 knock it off last week if it's selling so good unless GT7 also did big numbers too
Very interesting
Either way congrats to both!

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
if steamspy numbers are correct, close to 8.5 million on PC alone...so yes, the game has done at least 15 million.

"Garbage data in, garbage data out. . ."

. . .seriously the estimates of 8 to 10MIL are ridiculous. The game has almost surely trounced the sales numbers of previous FROM titles, but - as someone already pointed to - if this game actually was doing that well on PC, BANDAI NAMCO would have had a press release about the number of unique players already as that would be a huge deal (and excellent PR). A large number of people have clearly flocked to the "niche" Soulslike genre with this game, but to get to 8 to 10MIL requires some wild buyin for a generally wary player base.

The play tracker estimate of around 2.5MIL seems far more believable (and I would even increase that to maybe 3-4MIL).

why have one? when you can have 2
lrgwUTM.png

That's a burn if I've ever seen one. Honestly some of these comments DESPERATE to cast aspersions on anything not ER related are just silly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom