• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4chan] Uncharted Collection: Coming to PC - Steam / Epic Games Store

Tunned

Twitter is really showing that humanity has still not really developed much from Apes. Show someone something that someone does not like, and he/she/it/unicorn/asshat will start bombarding Twitter with brainless matter, or the equivalent of monkeys throwing feces at the screen.

Tldr: I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

There's a certain arrogance about PlayStation thinking that...and it doesn't sit well with me.

They should be skeptical and always adding to reasons to buy their hardware whether it is sold out or not.
We can count on the fact that companies are ALWAYS looking for ways to make more money, not less (often at the expense of consumers). They have entire departments pouring over market data, deep analytics, behaviour data etc trying to come up with strategies to make more money. The hardware/software mix and the first party/third party mix and more specifically their profit margins are not clear cut to us. All in all I don't think you should worry about their strategy lol. For once their push to make money is benefiting consumers.

Last edited:

T-Cake

I think PC is the right place for every game now. I'm already concerned about future BC functionality in the PS6. The way they have engineered the PS5 APU to mimic specific states in the PS4 APU might start getting trickier and trickier with each generation. It could be that implementing PS4 BC into a PS6 APU would maybe hinder the PS6. So Sony could just cut out BC for PS4 and leave it as PS5 games only. Maybe my worry beads are being overly clutched but the best chances of playing any game in 10-20 years time is still with a port to DirectX and Windows.

Already own it on PS4 but only replayed the first game, there should be an option to run them at 30fps because the animation looks off otherwise, Drake runs like he's got a dookie in his pants in Uncharted 1, although I don't know if that effects the sequels as much.

Notabueno

Banned
Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

Console wars is serious business for you huh.

Take a breather. Relax. It's just a plastic box made by faceless corporations to extract money out of you.

Theres really no need to "despise" a plastic box lmao

I'm not a loser, and worked both in prospective and design, so yes things matter.

I mean you're right about the faceless corporation in some cases, but not historically.

I find the industrial design and branding of the PS5 to be so bad, that yes, I despise it.

Notabueno

Banned
It's all about the value proposition, and games are just a part of the equation. Like Gaben said decades ago in an interview when asked about piracy, it's all about creating the value for the consumers, so that they'll want to buy the games from your store instead of downloading them from the web, whether it's by the service itself, the customer support, refund policy etc., and needless to say he was spot-on all those years ago already, while to this day many storefronts seem not to get it (MS Store in particular).

Now back to PS5 - what's the value proposition there, in terms of the platform as a whole? SSD? Welcome to 2010, duh. It's 2021 already, HDD are a relic of the past, flash memory is everywhere, seom smartphones, tablets, laptops, PCs, everythere. Adaptive triggers and haptic feedback? Nobody gives a shit. Nobody ever asked for it. People could play on DS4 and wouldn't bat an eye, many actually would want to but Sony doesn't allow it, so strike one. 3D Audio that works only with headsets? Well, most people play on TV speakers anyway, exactly because they don't care about the sound all that much. And those who do get a surround setup, which again, isn't supported.

Those are the 4 pillars of PS5 marketing campaign you get to see over and over, those are all gimmicks that won't won you a customer. And those are the supposedly good things, but if we flip the coin, there's paid online, is that's what suppose to make people jump from PC to a console? 70€ price tag for every game no matter AAA or indie? Who mentally same will go "yes, I always wanted to pay more for games"? Terrible refund policy as exposed by CP2077? Terrible cross-play policy? The list just goes on and on, while the positives/counterarguments are hard to find.

So I absolutely agree that by offering their games on PC they most likely will lose some crowd, but that's only because PS5 as a gaming platform is a bad proposition for the consumer, and games alone cannot fix that. Especially given they have such narrow portfolio, all they do is TPP story driven games, and not that many of them to begin with, so again, if you're not into those kind of titles, what's the proposition? Gran Turismo, and?

IMO Ryan and Hulst should bring Playstation back to the times before Shawn Layden took over, because it was under under his command when the platform that used to be synonymous with a broad variety of content (and not available elsewhere) became a one-trick pony. Some might say it worked so damn well, sure, but was it really the games or the 399 price tag that gave the console all the momentum?

Welcome to a time of shallow, corrupted corporations that which investors and executives are willing to destroy (despite having stakes in) for short-term, shortsighted, straight-up stupid strategy.

All the previous CEO wether it was Kaz Hirai, Shawn Layden or Andrew House had a clear ambition: they wanted to sell playstation as a brand, as a platform, as a console and as a publisher. Ryan, Hulst and whoever they're under the governance of, want to make money by destroying value.

They're no trying to sell the PS5 long-term because they believe people are desperate enough for a big fat and ugly but new console that it'll be enough to sustain sales (which all analytics points towards the opposite of), they don't want to provide value, they want to spend the minimum possible while exploiting their assets to the maximum, even if that means breaking with basic rational strategy to make your platform, brand and franchises strong.

I think this is a very bad strategy on the long-term especially for a corporation like Sony, but on the short-term I think their strategy is clear: they want to become publishers and giveaway their position away as a hardware platform and software platform despite the huge strategic mistake it is in terms of valuation. They have action franchises like Syphon Filter, FPS like Killzone and Socom, racing games like DriveClub, Motostorm or Wipeout, countless platformers and adventures games etc...but somehow they dropped the ball and just basically want to be a Quantic Dreams like third party publishers with Naughty Dog and Insomniac and that's it.

Last edited:

Fahdis

And jokes aside RPCS3 supports emulated achievements too.
Sure, they are just there for you to see, but it's not like anyone else ever gave a fuck anyway.

I give a fuck for me. It's official achievements. I can finish a game and move on. You think I care about epeen contests with others? Its for my own completion.

Thy are not all great games. 1 is trash lol.
All sequels get better with each one
1 is not trash, 1 has a weird charm to it, the characters are great, the bright, colorful jungle environments are nice and the puzzles are fun to solve.

Where it has some flaws is the third person cover shooting is literally as generic as that type of gunplay can get, though it's a little more forgivable considering it was early on in that style, there's also a late game plot twist that I've never liked and always thought was kind of dumb, I'm referring to the monster men of course.

Other than that it's a good game, but 2 is a massive leap forward.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Thy are not all great games. 1 is trash lol.
All sequels get better with each one

Incorrect. 1 is mediocre. 2 was mostly fine until the hulk Smurfs showed up. 3 tried to 1up the bombast of 2 and was exhausting because of it. 4 is a pacing mess.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase a PlayStation 5, nor will they purchase any of Sony’s games until they’re on a Steam sale for 80% off. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel your PC ports or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Wunray

Sure I'd buy it again on pc. Probably t 40$ sale price though. Already have Horizon, Death Stranding and Days gone.

Larxia

I always liked and dislike Uncharted.

Always liked the visuals (duh), the staging / cutscenes always had something very special to them in these games, it feels "real", like watching a tv show or a movie, the way it's acted, how the dialogues and camera work is done etc, it's nice. And as a whole they are great adventures.

But damn, how I hate the combats, so much. It's incredibly repetitive, boring, and it goes on and on... shooting on ennemies for hours while hiding behind boxes. I can't find anything fun in that and I think there are way too much of these combats, they just totally feel useless.

Going through these stories again would be nice, but I don't know if I would feel like ever playing through these combats again, I would have prefered it if had more exploration and less combats, Uncharted 3 in particular was really horrible for this.

Top Bottom