• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4chan] Uncharted Collection: Coming to PC - Steam / Epic Games Store

mansoor1980

Gold Member
seal.gif

Toots

Gold Member
Real treat for the PC Boyz.
I'm sure the last two will look like a dream with uncapped framerate and resolution.

Dacon

Banned
Don't play with me bro. I'm ready to CONSOOM.

I bought every single Uncharted game and I will do it again, even one that let me down as much as 4.

Fahdis

Now all I need are all of Sony's PS1, PS2 and PS3 Library. Please Jim. I will sit in your lap and let you sing me a lullaby.

Last edited:

Diddy X

Actually you can get all those game for what 30€?

Anyway the time has come for me to finally play this saga.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
UC1 was boring, but that's mainly because I played it in 2017 so it was underwhelming compared to other games I played.
UC2 was great. Definitely my favorite.
UC3 was good. Not as good as UC2 but still very much worth playing.
UC4 was boring. I played it immediately after finishing the trilogy, so maybe I was tired of the formula. The 30 fps didn't help (the trilogy was 60 fps).

Also props to Sony for releasing all the games together for 60 bucks or so. Nintendo wouldn't do this.
I replayed all last year. UC4 is absolutely the best one and stands out.
Will be interesting to replay at 4k 120 with mouse aiming.
These games play great with a controller though

We still need bloodborne, Last Guardian and Shadow of the Colossus on PC.

That said - I've played uc games many times. Especialy amazing UC4 last april on new lg c1 oled... amazing hdr and presentation. Also no stutter, graphical glitches, crashes etc. I bet 100% pc will have some problems and maybe worse hdr :p I would be all in for 4k60 + dualsense ps5 port

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Will only buy if it has an unlocked framerate.
Hard to say. UC4 uses prerendered short snippets of video to seamlessly transition from 1 level to another. That video is 30fps as rest of the game on ps4... so It would really stand out. But those are only the part of cutscenes where it fades in to another location.

kyliethicc

Bryank75 Bryank75 is a great dude. No need to be mean. Also, he has concerns with the overall PlayStation strategy (I disagree with him, but we are entitled to our opinions and we talk about it all the time).

Besides, do you really think PlayStation users will mind these games releasing on PC? These are super old games, and almost all PC releases, PlayStation users have got for free.
  • Uncharted Collection was free on PS+
  • Uncharted 4 was/is free on PS+
  • Days Gone is free on PS+
  • Horizon Zero Dawn was free for every PlayStation user
So, in a way, PC users are paying for games that PS users have already got either for free or with their PS+ subscription.

And as a matter of fact, I'm happy about this as it may mean a 60 FPS patch for PS5, which otherwise would have been a pipedream. Anyway, the more (gamers) the merrier.

Actually the Uncharted 123 Collection was free for all PS4 users too.

Back in spring 2020 when they started the whole play at home free games thing.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
I dont know... It seems fake. Too much value even at 60 USD. How much are uncharted games these days on PSN?
But then again it didn't make much sense than they would start on PC with uncharted 4.
I always thought they were going to release 2 sets of games: the trilogy and then 4 plus lost legacy.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I wouldn't be surprised if it came to pc, but as other has stated, the ps logo seems shady.

In comparison with horizon on epic
QO1iilw.jpg

anthony2690

Banned
Try part 2. Part 4 was like 80% Walk/Talk/Climb/Jeep.
That was my issue, I just had enough at that point.
I was super excited, thinking it would be like rise of the tomb raider but with a bloke.
As I had just finished that prior and wanted another game like that.

Ellery

All 5 games on PC would be a gigantic win for PC gamers. I don't know if this rumor is true though, because it kind of seems too good to be true. 5 AAA games that won so many GOTY titles in a single collection for a new platform.
I would have expected them to just put Uncharted 4 on PC for 40$ or so or just the first three in a Collection to test the waters, but not all 5.

Seems like PC is the big winner here. All Xbox games on Day 1 on Gamepass, nearly all of 3rd Party AAA stuff on PC same day as consoles (besides Rockstar lol) and now Death Stranding, Days Gone, Horizon Zero Dawn and possible 5 Uncharted game. Happy for my PC gamer friends. Those games are probably an absolutely treat with Mouse and Keyboard.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Try part 2. Part 4 was like 80% Walk/Talk/Climb/Jeep.
And in uc2 you shoot mindlessly 1200 enemies from cover.
UC4 has the best combat with a lot of movement. The climbing sections are spectacular and are fun puzzles. Jeep is great for variety.
I don't understand the negativity "it's all climbing". That's like saying Death Stranding is all walking

nbkicker

Very nice, in time for Steam Deck. Hopefully they remaster or patch the PS4 versions for PS5 too.
Doubtful, when horizon came out on pc it ran with higher res textures and better frame rate and ps5 only just got a 60fps mode not the higher textures, days gone only got 60fps, where pc got higher textures as well, although knowing sony there could be a £10 upgrade for 60fps, dual sense support, and 3d audio

And in uc2 you shoot mindlessly 1200 enemies from cover.
UC4 has the best combat with a lot of movement. The climbing sections are spectacular and are fun puzzles. Jeep is great for variety.
I don't understand the negativity "it's all climbing". That's like saying Death Stranding is all walking
Tastes are different, but if i play an ACTION game, i want some goddaman action and lots of it.

Kokoloko85

UC1 was boring, but that's mainly because I played it in 2017 so it was underwhelming compared to other games I played.
UC4 was boring. I played it immediately after finishing the trilogy, so maybe I was tired of the formula. The 30 fps didn't help (the trilogy was 60 fps).

Also props to Sony for releasing all the games together for 60 bucks or so. Nintendo wouldn't do this.

Maybe you got bored because 4 is better than 3 and expands on the gameplay of the trilogy

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Tastes are different, but if i play an ACTION game, i want some goddaman action and lots of it.
But there is a TON of action in ue4. I was almost annoyed by the end of constant action. It's just not as mindles as in 1 and 2. 1 especially gets really tiresome

Kokoloko85

I replayed all last year. UC4 is absolutely the best one and stands out.
Will be interesting to replay at 4k 120 with mouse aiming.
These games play great with a controller though

We still need bloodborne, Last Guardian and Shadow of the Colossus on PC.

That said - I've played uc games many times. Especialy amazing UC4 last april on new lg c1 oled... amazing hdr and presentation. Also no stutter, graphical glitches, crashes etc. I bet 100% pc will have some problems and maybe worse hdr :p I would be all in for 4k60 + dualsense ps5 port

I agree. UC4 is my favourite. UC2 was ground breaking for its time and a masterpiece. But UC4 is better in almost every way.

People complain about pacing but meh, I don’t see it. Thb most people who Ive seen complain about go and then praise games like Assassins Creed or Tomb Raider so I think they just wanna sound cool and also they hate Neil Druckmann. You can’t compare Tomb Raider (also a great game) to UC4 lol

nbkicker

I think we get it by now what are the priorities of Hermen Hulst the PC fanboy.
I dont think its to bad if the games are getting outsourced to different companys to convert, but if its sonys own studios doing the conversion rather then working on games for the ps5 then its a joke, nearly a yr since the ps5 was out and youve got ratchet which is from sony studios thats exclusive, returnal and demon souls only cause sony bought the studios just before or after the games where out

Chukhopops

I think 3 is underrated because of the ending and coming after 2 but it has great set pieces and story.

I agree with the rest, UC4 was the moment I realized I wasn’t into this type of ultra-linear gameplay anymore (also I disliked heavily the story and characters, which doesn’t help).

But there is a TON of action in ue4. I was almost annoyed by the end of constant action. It's just not as mindles as in 1 and 2. 1 especially gets really tiresome
Glad you liked it, but i just didn't enjoy Uncharted 4.

I doubt it For a long time.
Uncharted was released 5 years ago
This formula of older games is fine
Horizon and Days Gone came much faster and i'm pretty sure we will see Ghosts very soon. Day1 Pc releases have a huge advantage for Sony. They spends insane amounts of money on marketing their AAA games and this would push pc sales massively. Not gonna happen too soon i guess, but when enough games came for Pc, enough PS5s are sold and the hardcore fans are used to it, i'm sure Sony will make it.

Last edited:
This is good news. Enjoyed all the Uncharteds. 2 was my favourite. 4 has the best gameplay. Hope Sony uses the money they make to fund some more great games

Top Bottom