• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Crysis (2007) + mod enhanced edition

0ZzlN5.png
0ZzH4C.png

I tried to install it and the game was crashing, no idea why and couldn't find any fix for this
Mmmh strange, did you try to... crack it ? I actually had to do that to get it work properly on Steam. Also, have you deleted the folders like in the install guide ?

Last edited:

xPikYx

Crysis (2007) + mod enhanced edition
Mmmh strange, did you try to... crack it ? I actually had to do that to get it work properly on Steam. Also, have you deleted the folders like in the install guide ?
No no crack, but I followed the steps for the proper installation, so the solution was to crack it?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
No no crack, but I followed the steps for the proper installation, so the solution was to crack it?

I had to crack the game because the maximum number of authorizations was reached, thanks to Securom.... so I don't know if it's the solution, but since it's the only thing different I have done, I said try it ^^

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Honestly I didn't want to I have the original game why crack it

Because it could be something DRM related, as Securom is shit and can be messy on W10. Just saying the game work like that, you do as you wish now. Here is the error I get if I launch the game uncracked:

unknown.png

It's in French but you can roughly translate that by: you changed your PC too often (activation is linked to different hardware components in your PC ), you're fucked and like you're not going to buy the game a third time (as I own it on physical too), you can crack me, or never play me again.

xPikYx

I wasn't having that problem, mine was starting normally and when I installed the mod it started crashing to desktop on start up

Dear Esther

Running on FUCKING 9800GTX+
This GPU line (G80) is just legendary. It's way above 75FPS on max settings and with MSAAx4 in 2560x1080 (native UW support, sadly not in LM edition).
9800 GTX was like the first time I thought, "okay, now there's a GPU that can run Crysis!"

And it did! I fucking loved that GPU. It was a nightmare though in my small form factor PC. I was god damn crazy thinking I'd get Crysis performance in a case the size of essentially 2 gamecubes stuck together. The heat was such an issue.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I wasn't having that problem, mine was starting normally and when I installed the mod it started crashing to desktop on start up
As I said, Securom and Windows 10 are completely fucked. So maybe you didn't have problem before, and then something changed with the installation of the mod and now you can't launch it.
Try it, if it work that's cool, problem solved. If not well, we can search for another reason.

Markie

I had to crack the game because the maximum number of authorizations was reached, thanks to Securom.... so I don't know if it's the solution, but since it's the only thing different I have done, I said try it ^^

I hate that so much. Imagine having a machine activation limit in any game at all. If a game is attached to your Steam account it should recognize that and install properly as many times as you wish. Every developer should remove this kind of DRM from every game ever, on platforms like Steam. Last week i decided to download cracks for all games that have these old online serial check DRMs (games which i've bought and have legitimately on Steam). Got a DRM free .exe for Dark Void, Dead Space 2 and Medal of Honor 2010. I just haven't downloaded a crack for the Crysis games yet because it's been a while since i've seen SecuROM pop up for them, it feels like they've removed it (maybe i just haven't reinstalled Windows yet and they're still under the same activation).

I had a horrible experience with MoH 2010 in particular which i've owned for years and never realized had a 5 (!) machine activation limit. Long story short i've hit that due to not paying attention and bothering to deauthorize the game every time i uninstalled it in different computers and i can no longer activate it. I've contacted EA support and all but apparently there's really nothing that can be done so i'm stuck with a game which i've paid for that doesn't launch. That's why i decided to download the crack. A simple DRM-less .exe which lets me play the game. Shocking right. By the way, all cracks i've downloaded so far are accepted as a replacement to the original .exes on Steam, there's no check for that at all, you just drop them and use them as normal, with the Steam overlay and everything else.

About SecuROM, it works just fine on the latest Windows 10. People mistakenly think it's SecuROM but it's actually SafeDISC that no longer works under Windows 10. I can actually confirm that, i've tested activation in some SecuROM protected games (such as Dark Void and MoH 2010) and it opens and checks online if you key is valid as it should (now if you've hit an activation limit, that's another story, but the DRM itself works fine).

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I hate that so much. Imagine having a machine activation limit in any game at all. If a game is attached to your Steam account it should recognize that and install properly as many times as you wish. Every developer should remove this kind of DRM from every game ever, on platforms like Steam. Last week i decided to download cracks for all games that have these old online serial check DRMs (games which i've bought and have legitimately on Steam). Got a DRM free .exe for Dark Void, Dead Space 2 and Medal of Honor 2010. I just haven't downloaded a crack for the Crysis games yet because it's been a while since i've seen SecuROM pop up for them, it feels like they've removed it (maybe i just haven't reinstalled Windows yet and they're still under the same activation).

I had a horrible experience with MoH 2010 in particular which i've owned for years and never realized had a 5 (!) machine activation limit. Long story short i've hit that due to not paying attention and bothering to deauthorize the game every time i uninstalled it in different computers and i can no longer activate it. I've contacted EA support and all but apparently there's really nothing that can be done so i'm stuck with a game which i've paid for that doesn't launch. That's why i decided to download the crack. A simple DRM-less .exe which lets me play the game. Shocking right. By the way, all cracks i've downloaded so far are accepted as a replacement to the original .exes on Steam, there's no check for that at all, you just drop them and use them as normal, with the Steam overlay and everything else.

About SecuROM, it works just fine on the latest Windows 10. People mistakenly think it's SecuROM but it's actually SafeDISC that no longer works under Windows 10. I can actually confirm that, i've tested activation in some SecuROM protected games (such as Dark Void and MoH 2010) and it opens and checks online if you key is valid as it should (now if you've hit an activation limit, that's another story, but the DRM itself works fine).

This is exactly my experience with Crysis. I haven't deauthorize the game every time i uninstalled it so now I can't play it... on Steam. It's crazy stupid as I dont want to use a crack but I have to, it's unbelievable.
Would it comes to the mind of someone to put a limit like that on movies ? Or music ? Imagine if you could only play your media on 5 different devices ?
And yes, thankfully Steam has no problem to launch the game like that.
SecuROM, SafeDisc, Denuvo etc... I hate them all and I praise CDPR for DRM free games

Crysis remastered looks way better than I anticipated. Not sure why the videos I saw beforehand looked cartoony and dull, but anyway, its looks brilliant. Only $20 on epic after 10 coupon. Plus controls for the suit are much improved as is the sound. Overall I am having more fun with this than the original.
On a side note, raytracing kills about 20fps and you would be hardpressed to notice any difference except on reflections on water. pics here 4k plus mix of very high and can it run crysis settings
0rQIJA.png

0rQA03.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom