• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

This mansion is another one of the coolest areas in a game. The section gives you a tool with folding crystals that let you see what is happening three years ago in the mansion. It starts out a destroyed mansion in the present and as you walk around you can see it in it's original state with it's own NPCs all moving about in real-time. You can also instantly transport yourself into the other timeline and back at will. If you make the right choices in the past, eventually the mansion in the present will become repaired.

WTMh8fz.jpg

jhmJDuq.jpg

Last edited:
This mansion is another one of the coolest areas in a game. The section gives you a tool with folding crystals that let you see what is happening three years ago in the mansion. It starts out a destroyed mansion in the present and as you walk around you can see it in it's original state with it's own NPCs all moving about in real-time. You can also instantly transport yourself into the other timeline and back at will. If you make the right choices in the past, eventually the mansion in the present will become repaired.

WTMh8fz.jpg

jhmJDuq.jpg
That whole mission was so creative. I loved how it forced you to change your playstyle by limiting your powers but also allowing you to travel between timelines at will. For me it's tied with the inventor's mansion as one of the best areas in the series. Too bad it tanked my fps, since the game has to render 2 areas at the same time.

That whole mission was so creative. I loved how it forced you to change your playstyle by limiting your powers but also allowing you to travel between timelines at will. For me it's tied with the inventor's mansion as one of the best areas in the series. Too bad it tanked my fps, since the game has to render 2 areas at the same time.

Yeah I have everything set so that I'm basically maxing out my setup at 4K/60 with the odd dip. I wanted to do a couple more things with Reshade but it was dipping my framerate too much so I stopped. Pulling out the time machine and unfolding it immediately dropped me into the 40-50fps range, but I'm glad they didn't dump the visuals in the area because the mansion looked awesome.

Fallout 4. I hate the damn settlement crafting, it's such an addictive time sink. Never since I used to play Dynasty Warriors as a kid have I gotten so obsessed playing something I hate.

The settlement system coupled with a pile of settlement mods is how I racked up 2000+ hours in the game. It's extremely addictive.

I spent hundreds of hours completely rebuilding Lexington, giving all (yes all) the buildings in the city complete interiors, then getting a population set up in it.

6yO9qTE.jpg

bF2G70e.jpg

I also fully rebuilt the entire Boston Airport. It had working elevators, BOS would freely walk around in the area, and it had a conveyor system that took you through all the scanners and rad scrubbers on a belt with triggers to activate security Protectrons.

iiiRC0X.jpg

0imDYsd.jpg

X9rxXUx.jpg

JPc8s54.jpg

I had ideas on wrapping them both into mods and putting them up on the Nexus, but I lost it all of it when my save files became corrupted during an update gone wrong. I never even managed to grab shots of the second floor aerospace museum area or the terminal entry point. That was when I decided it was time to stop playing it and moved on.

Last edited:

Markie

Seeing that a "remaster" for this game has just been announced...

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) + Reshade

50423584093_a0560d07fa_o_d.png

It, of course, doesn't look much better than the original game on PC, especially when you factor in 16x anisotropic filtering, injected anti-aliasing, supersampling/downsampling and a good reshade preset which are easy additions.

It's coming to consoles which means it'll hardly have above 4x ou 8x AF, and the base console versions also run at 1080p 30 fps (this game runs at 1080p 60 fps easily even on something like a GTX 750 Ti and a Core i3 2nd gen lol).

So tired of these remasters/remakes which are feel more like demasters/demakes. They're basically the same game with a higher resolution for current gen consoles owners, but are never worth it for PC players. The only good thing about it will probably the extra content and achievements on Steam, but you'll still have to buy the same game again, at a higher price (And they've delisted the original, of course. Just like they did with Burnout Paradise). They say they have added in "higher-res models, shadows, and reflections, more objects and props, longer draw distance, boosted textures, more particles, and improved AA/SSAO.", but you can barely tell the difference on gameplays and screenshots and as i've said before, you can make the original game look better while also probably running better as well...

Criterion were great developers and i'm sure they've enjoyed working on these small additions to the game ("all the additional main DLC delivered at launch including an extra six hours of gameplay and more than 30 challenges. Brand new achievements, wraps, car colors, reduced hard stops, an updated photo mode and gallery, and multiple quality of life updates create an even more well-rounded gameplay experience."), but this is not a good remaster.

Last edited:

Markie

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) + Reshade

50425258721_137f79b07c_o_d.png

The more I play this game, the more I'm convinced it's underrated and one of the best arcade racing games ever made. And I haven't even stopped to do a proper playthrough ever since I bought it digitally yet (I had a physical copy long before and finished the game once). 90% of my playtime on Steam is just tweaking reshade, looking at the scenery and taking screenshots like a maniac :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Horizon Zero Dawn
Was clowning this game in the GoTG thread but I decided to give it another go on pc, to see if the upped frame rate and controls can change my opinion:

horizonzerodawncomple3skgk.png

The child model is still gremlin fuel.

I like that the dude is wearing the skin of a wild boar that looks to be about the size of a pomeranian. Like, good job bringing that one down, champ - musta been a real battle. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom