• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2019 NFL Playoffs - Out with the Old, in with the New

I don't think I've ever seen such a big reverse choke in a playoff game ever. What a bizarre game. O'brien made some pretty shit calls

Titans/Chiefs is going to be real interesting

Texas Pride

Banned
Colossal choke job by Houston. After that shit show they should run O'Brien out of town tonight. Should've happened awhile back but if this isn't the last straw you deserve your fate.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Knowing the 49ers won makes today basically feel like our Super Bowl. I just don’t see a way the Packers can beat them. We are setup a lot like the Vikings, and the 9ers just destroyed them yesterday just like they did is a few months ago.

it reminds me when the Packers went on to face the falcons in the Conference game... buzz saw.
The Jets beat the pats with Sanchez after getting demolished by like 40 points a couple weeks prior.

The Steelers beat the colts after losing badly in the 2005 regular season

I wouldn't count out Aaron rodgers. The dude can get hot any time

You mean Falcons vs Patriots wasnt reverse chokey enough to qualify?
The difference with that is it was still at least a close game until the end and at went to OT. This went from blowout on one side to the complete other over the course of a couple quarters. One of the strangest playoff games i've ever watched

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Banned
Evans fucked the play. All he had to do was shove him out of bounds instead of trying to tackle him. Shit went bad from there. People trying to strip it instead of bringing him down. Poor series by the D the last 2 drives and I think they'll correct it. We need to force at least 1 turnover and score off it to come out with a W imo.

Texas Pride

Banned
Mahomes made key plays with his feet that extended drives and made the difference. That's killer on 3rd down. It's demoralizing as a defense. Titans came up this year though. They don't have the weapons the Chiefs have and they did more with less than maybe any team in the playoffs this year. We'll be back.

Mahomes is just breaking the game at this point. What a player and he seems like a total dude as well. One of the coolest athletes today for sure.

Hopefully the next game is better though. No disrespect to the Titans, I really appreciate the heart, but this one was a dicking.

This should be a good super bowl - slightly biased here, but I'm thinking the 9ers take care of the chiefs. The fact that the 9ers defense is clicking on all cylinders is what has me giving the 49ers the edge in this one. The secondary is looking great with Sherman being Sherman, a healthy Jaquisky Tartt locking things down over the top and Emmanuel Mosely doing a helluva job on the other side at CB. The front four are straight up daunting - Mahomes has never faced a front four that is as ruthless as this.

Here's something to note;

Kyle Shanahan has had the luxury of not having to open the playbook in these two playoff games. Jimmy G has thrown the ball less than 30 times COMBINED over these games. When needed, this offense can put up a lot of points really quickly. Look at the New Orleans/SF game earlier this season. Shanahan opened up the playbook big time and the 9ers were able to go blow by blow with the saints. Give Kyle Shanahan and co 2 weeks and the fact they've been able to play conservatively and you're going to be looking at an explosive shootout.

I can't wait.

Top Bottom